Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    There ya go. Allow folks to own "bolt action"/single shot rifles, not semi-automatics (easily turned into fully automatic) with bullets designed to maim human flesh.
    All bullets and weapons are designed to kill. That is their purpose, that is why they exist.

Laws are not going to change this. If someone really wants to get a gun, they will get it. This is a culture and lifestyle problem. I don't even like guns, but I truly believe banning "assault weapons" will not prevent these tragedies. The problem is much, much deeper than that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Problem for me is this still allows for semi-automatic weapons (rifles and pistols) and the sick bullets DD mentioned. "Normal" folks flip out, too.
    How about we do both, since we're in the mood.

Lets ban all guns.

Then, while we're at it, mandatory state-run mental tests. Fail, and you're executed or imprisoned, depending on how bad you failed or how limited your mental abillity is.

Surely this combo can't fail, right? We get rid of mental ustables who commit the vast majority of violent crime, and we remove the method of most violent crime.

Hey, whats a few rights and liberties if we FEEL safer?

The worst thing a free society can do in the face of a tragedy is trade actual freedom for the perception of safety. A sadly lost ideal in today's day and age.

One man commits a crime. Punish 30 million. How can it fail?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    I know.

Just sad that life's goes on for most people.

Sent from a phone using an app
    wtf?

Life SHOULDN'T go on for most people?

What is it you want to se PK? National month of fasting, self-flaggelation and mourning?

Caring about what happened isn't enough, we have to care so much that life itself stops for some period of time completely?

What?

This from a guy who thinks the solution to the Midle East is to nuke them all and kill a few hundred million people, and that the end of the world is the best thing that could happen?
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-15-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'll make you a deal PK, I'll stop pontificating, if you stop posting like a guy who might grab a rifle and off a few people himself.

This endless angry nihilism is a bit much.

What does an event like this have to do with the NFL ffs?
    Lol.

It's a deal, Fish.

Just make sure that you and the misses stop by rusty WNY at some point.

Sent from a phone using an app

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel physically ill reading and thinking about hollow point bullets and kids. I want to puke. So fcuking awful.

Can someone please explain - SAR, anyone else who's following the story closely - why the ME said these killings were done with a "long rifle" and the police are saying the rifle was left in the car?

God rest all of their souls, except the killer's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    I feel physically ill reading and thinking about hollow point bullets and kids. I want to puke. So fcuking awful.

Can someone please explain - SAR, anyone else who's following the story closely - why the ME said these killings were done with a "long rifle" and the police are saying the rifle was left in the car?

Last I heard, all 3 guns (2 pistols and the rifle) were inside.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Last I heard, all 3 guns (2 pistols and the rifle) were inside.
    Sounds like the original reports were wrong. Thanks for the info.

So sick of the media glorifying these monsters. Anyone who thinks this kid was not looking to become the next Columbine-infamous spree killer isn't paying attention.

These are the folks we should be focused on. God rest their souls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/16/ny...agewanted=2&hp

The principal and the school psychologist were shot as they tried to tackle the gunman “in order to protect her students,” the school superintendent said Saturday.

Another teacher killed, according to a Facebook post, was Victoria Soto, 27. She apparently shooed her first graders into closets and cabinets when she heard the first shots, and then, by some accounts, told the gunman the youngsters were in the gym. Her cousin, James Willsie, told ABC News that she had “put herself between the gunman and the kids.”

“She lost her life protecting those little ones,” he said.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody watching CNN. They are interviewing the parents of a child who escaped his classroom with some of his classmates after the shooter killed their teacher.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP

Here are the victims' names and ages:

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel Davino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Dawn Hocksprung, 47

Madeline F. Hsu, 6

Catherine V. Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Russeau, 30

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison N Wyatt, 6

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    One girl turned 7 on Tuesday 12/11

its so sad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Not that this is on his mind now, but I think he has quite the lawsuit against various media sources and arguably the Hoboken police department.
    For what? He id was with someone else...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is so incredibly sad. May the good lord bless the victims, and their souls rest in peace. For their families and loved ones, nothing can be said that will ease their grief. May the good Lord provide them comfort.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

For the monster who committed these violent crimes

May your soul burn in hell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classic reason why they did Lobotomy on the mentally ill.... Too many f'ed up people allowed out in the general public...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The more I hear about this, the more I'm not sure I want to hear any more about it.

Disgusting act of depravity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    my sister lives 2 exits away on 84 from Newtown...i've been to that town...the horror they must have felt as they saw their classmates fall one by one is making it hard to breathe...
    Last edited by 2foolish197; 12-15-2012 at 07:09 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newtown, Connecticut is my home town. I was born and raised in that lovely little town. My little brother was in school 5 minutes up the road at St. Rose of Lima during yesterdays events. The initial panic of not knowing which school it was, was terrifying. The thing that makes me sad, aside from the obvious loss of life, is from now on when I tell people where i'm from it will only be associated with one thing. Not the Giant flag pole in the center of town, or the wonderful sense of community and great environment to grow up in. I'm here in Ft Hood Tx getting ready for Afghanistan in about a week, just wanting to go home. Please help in any way you can.

http://www.crowdrise.com/shsrelief Here is a link for donations for funeral costs for the family, scholarship funds, etc.

and please read this, from my former HS Classmate Eddie Smalls

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...school/266317/

Thanks,

AJ

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    RIP
    Here are the victims' names and ages:

Charlotte Bacon, 6

Daniel Barden, 7

Rachel Davino, 29

Olivia Engel, 6

Josephine Gay, 7

Ana M Marquez-Greene, 6

Dylan Hockley, 6

Dawn Hocksprung, 47

Madeline F. Hsu, 6

Catherine V. Hubbard, 6

Chase Kowalski, 7

Jesse Lewis, 6

James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7

Anne Marie Murphy, 52

Emilie Parker, 6

Jack Pinto, 6

Noah Pozner, 6

Caroline Previdi, 6

Jessica Rekos, 6

Avielle Richman, 6

Lauren Russeau, 30

Mary Sherlach, 56

Victoria Soto, 27

Benjamin Wheeler, 6

Allison N Wyatt, 6
    I look at those names and I think of young parents excitedly tossing out name possibilities together and coming up with the above names and saying, "that's a nice name, let's name him/her that"...never knowing those names would be in a list like this. I, literally, haven't cried in probably 40 years, but thinking about this has me in tears. I'm finding it hard to breathe.
    Last edited by Timmy®; 12-15-2012 at 07:30 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post

"Lanza forced his way inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School and opened fire with a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle — an assault weapon that can fire up to six bullets per second. The victims were shot “all over,” said Connecticut state Medical Examiner H. Wayne Carter II. “All over . . . "

Not sure if this is considered merciful, but instead of slow firing handguns it looks like he used a semi automatic that can fire up to six bullets per second.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So i heard the killer was at the school the day before the shooting and had an altercation. This should give us insight as to why the chose the school.

Why arent they eloborating on this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyJet View Post
    Newtown, Connecticut is my home town. I was born and raised in that lovely little town. My little brother was in school 5 minutes up the road at St. Rose of Lima during yesterdays events. The initial panic of not knowing which school it was, was terrifying. The thing that makes me sad, aside from the obvious loss of life, is from now on when I tell people where i'm from it will only be associated with one thing. Not the Giant flag pole in the center of town, or the wonderful sense of community and great environment to grow up in. I'm here in Ft Hood Tx getting ready for Afghanistan in about a week, just wanting to go home. Please help in any way you can.

http://www.crowdrise.com/shsrelief Here is a link for donations for funeral costs for the family, scholarship funds, etc.

and please read this, from my former HS Classmate Eddie Smalls

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ar...school/266317/

Thanks,

AJ
    heartbreaking letter...