Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I had just read that the semi-auto rifle they recovered at the scene was not ever used or fired. Just the handguns.

Make a sammich, put sixpack in cooler, go outside, attach boat trailer to car, go to lake put rod in water.

Pronto.

-

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is about stable people, and people that are not so stable. Population of 300 million free people, not like countries 1/5 the size, anything can happen on any given day, sad but true.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Make a sammich, put sixpack in cooler, go outside, attach boat trailer to car, go to lake put rod in water.

Pronto.

-
    I should have planned ahead - the lake isnt frozen , and I dont have any plans. Nice looking day today too.

On the other hand, wife has plans to go shopping, which frees me up to goof off with the kids all day. I still win.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    This whole 'gun person' thing....I don't get.
    When it all boils down to it, guns are just things, like possessions.

Like being a 'car person' or a 'movie person' or 'book person'. I can't think of any of the previous instances where any of those people will value any "thing" they love or treasure more than an actual human life.

This is probably a corny or bad time to quote something from a movie (a violent one, no less) but it always sticks with me.

"The things you own - end up owning you."

It really is incredibly true.

/soabbox
    Crazy part is that the three guns, including an assault rifle, were legally registered to the mother. (At least what was reported this morning on WCBS-TV/New York). She buy the guns for the kid?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Folks....lets use this thread to post news, mourn and pray for the victims. Keep the gun debate out of it. Not the place or time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's your site..so no issues..But whenever I hear/see people say "not the time" when something like this AGAIN happens I have to ask, when is the time?

Because in a week when the media goes back to covering Lindsay Lohan's latest meltdown or covering American Idol or whatever else the talk goes away until the NEXT incident like this..And then you hear/see people say, "not the time"...

Again, all due respect.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It's your site..so no issues..But whenever I hear/see people say "not the time" when something like this AGAIN happens I have to ask, when is the time?

Because in a week when the media goes back to covering Lindsay Lohan's latest meltdown or covering American Idol or whatever else the talk goes away until the NEXT incident like this..And then you hear/see people say, "not the time"...

Again, all due respect.
    Don't placate the guy. You've PM'd me tons of times saying SOOTH sucks and doesn't know how to run this place.

Just thought we needed a light chuckle after all these grisly details. I'm still trying to imagine what the parents of those poor kids are going through.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Crazy part is that the three guns, including an assault rifle, were legally registered to the mother. (At least what was reported this morning on WCBS-TV/New York). She buy the guns for the kid?
    We don't know that yet.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    We don't know that yet.
    Just relating what they reported.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just relating what they reported.
    Really bad reporting the entire tragedy, he was an adult doesn't matter where he got them unless he was unstable.
    I forgot your not an adult these days till you move out of you parents house at age 35, then society puts 2 or 3 responsibilities on you, you have a kid, get divorced, move home. Great moral fiber and make up of a good part of the country.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really bad reporting the entire tragedy, he was an adult doesn't matter where he got them unless he was unstable.
    I forgot your not an adult these days till you move out of you parents house at age 35, then society puts 2 or 3 responsibilities on you, you have a kid, get divorced, move home. Great moral fiber and make up of a good part of the country.
    My point was why the Mom is buying two hand guns with specially outfitted clips holding a ridiculous amount of ammo each.
    Plus an assault rifle. Whether for him or herself it seems weird.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My point was why the Mom is buying two hand guns with specially outfitted clips holding a ridiculous amount of ammo each.
    Plus an assault rifle. Whether for him or herself it seems weird.
    I'm guessing the old mans?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was rather confused yesterday watching them take the older brother in for questioning. He was cuffed and escourted by 2 cops. I distanced myself from this all day until now. Did the fi d out anything from treating him like the perpetrator. We are talking about a 24 year old young man thats mother was just killed by his psychotic little brother. Now, if he is guilty of conspiring with little bro, then f him. Otherwise, I'm not comfortable with his treatment by police on national tv. That's how you inspire vigalanti action against innocent people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    Was rather confused yesterday watching them take the older brother in for questioning. He was cuffed and escourted by 2 cops. I distanced myself from this all day until now. Did the fi d out anything from treating him like the perpetrator. We are talking about a 24 year old young man thats mother was just killed by his psychotic little brother. Now, if he is guilty of conspiring with little bro, then f him. Otherwise, I'm not comfortable with his treatment by police on national tv. That's how you inspire vigalanti action against innocent people.
    This bothered me, too. Why the handcuffs? Maybe our resident cops can answer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This bothered me, too. Why the handcuffs? Maybe our resident cops can answer.
    Not a cop but from what I a heard on TV cops are allowed to handcuff anyone they are "detaining" for whatever reason even if they are not a suspect. I guess it is for the safety of law enforcement officer that they are allowed to do this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cause you never know.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless he is a suspect, they should treat him with the respect the other victims families are given. This can't wait til Monday. Charge him or publicly appologize.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless he is a suspect, they should treat him with the respect the other victims families are given. This can't wait til Monday. Charge him or publicly appologize.
    How did they disrespect?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually he was 20, so a year shy over being able to legally buy any of the weapons found at the scene or even ammo for them.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-15-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Not a cop but from what I a heard on TV cops are allowed to handcuff anyone they are "detaining" for whatever reason even if they are not a suspect. I guess it is for the safety of law enforcement officer that they are allowed to do this.
    Thanks.

My bother kills someone, so cops can come into my home and take me out in cuffs in front of my neighbors? Even if I didn't do anything? Just seems strange.

Why wouldn't they just frisk me if they suspected I had a weapon?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Actually he was 20, so a year shy over being able to legally buy any of the weapons found at the scene or even ammo for him.
    He is still an adult, 20, which is todays 10.