Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow. That's difficult to watch.
    Like any parent, I went cold when I saw the first reports. Like us, the President goes right to that place where you imagine that it's one of
    your children who have been snuffed out by a lunatic.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Borgo for the Presidents press conference link.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Front page of every newspaper around the world.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow. That's difficult to watch.
    Indeed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Shooter Hoboken NJ resident.
    Insane that a person capable of such sick and despicable violence was just living right under everyone's noses....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Thanks Borgo for the Presidents press conference link.
    Just back from picking up my high schooler. Looking around the parking lot, with all those young vibrant faces energetically going about their day, I could not help thinking about all those poor kindergarteners (f**king KINDERGARTENERS!!) who are now gone. As well as all the families which are now destroyed. Senseless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just back from picking up my high schooler. Looking around the parking lot, with all those young vibrant faces energetically going about their day, I could not help thinking about all those poor kindergarteners (f**king KINDERGARTENERS!!) who are now gone. As well as all the families which are now destroyed. Senseless.
    My son is in kindergarten. It hits close to home.

I couldn't imagine him, or any other little kid, being in that kind of situation.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Front page of every newspaper around the world.
    Following the news from Spain.
    So sad. My sincere condolences to the families who have suffered such a horrific tragedy.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    My son is in kindergarten. It hits close to home.

I couldn't imagine him, or any other little kid, being in that kind of situation.
    Parents driving to that Newtown school, not knowing the outcome of their kids, must have been maddening.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really breaks my heart. My niece is about turn 5 and if anything as devastating would happen to her or while she's at school I would go insane.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Parents driving to that Newtown school, not knowing the outcome of their kids, must have been maddening.
    One father said that was "the longest drive of my life."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    totally, unthinkable

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My daughter is in Kindergarten.

Came off the bus today jumping and skipping and happy. Had her progress report in hand telling me about how great she's doing. No idea about how cruel the world is. Just happy.

She said her teacher seemed sad after she woke up from naptime. I bet.

No TV on in my house for the next few days. No news while they're awake for the next couple. I'm glad that my kids are young enough where I don't need to explain to them sh*t like this.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently shooter was not Ryan Lanza, the 24 year old from Hoboken, but his younger brother Adam, aged 20, and he was carrying His older brother's ID on him. Older brother Ryan in custody, not sure if involved

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

Came off the bus today jumping and skipping and happy. Had her progress report in hand telling me about how great she's doing. No idea about how cruel the world is. Just happy.

No TV on in my house for the next few days. No news while they're awake for the next couple. I'm glad that my kids are young enough where I don't need to explain to them sh*t like this.
    Plumber, love on her today like you never have!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    An unbelievable horrible story. If you want to kill your parents, fine, that's awful, but kill them and yourself. The thought process of taking 20 children with you is just ... sick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have two kids under 10. I'm sitting here with my eyes constantly welling up.

I dont know if this was mentioned here yet, but apparently (and this is the worst thing about this tragedy), is apparently all of these kids were killed execution-style, one by one, so each of them got to watch their classmates be killed in front of them before they died.

My God, the horror, the tears, the fear.... in those young, perfectly innocent little eyes before they were taken, having to watch this unfold, as they were completely terrified.

I can't even

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks! View Post
    Plumber, love on her today like you never have!
    got that right... can't get the vision of what went down out of my head... daughters pre-k classroom is right next to principals office...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

No TV - at least no news. Spongebob until it drives my wife out of the room.
    (works like a charm)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I have two kids under 10. I'm sitting here with my eyes constantly welling up.

I dont know if this was mentioned here yet, but apparently (and this is the worst thing about this tragedy), is apparently all of these kids were killed execution-style, one by one, so each of them got to watch their classmates be killed in front of them before they died.

My God, the horror, the tears, the fear.... in those young, perfectly innocent little eyes before they were taken, having to watch this unfold, as they were completely terrified.

I can't even
    How do they know this? Were there survivors from the one classroom? If that is true, I cannot even say that I've ever heard anything worse than that...