Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Ah. I think it takes a unique individual to perform autopsies all day long.

He mentioned that it these post-mortems were some college students first day. Imagine that? Geez.
    I agree. I think those people have to be a little "different".

Yea. I heard that. Poor girl got a baptism by fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    This M.E. seemed like he was a little strange. He tried to make a few jokes. I don't know if he is just exhausted or if that is a coping mechanism but it seemed like odd behavior given the situation.
    He was acting odd.I think he may be in shock.He's seen things that no one should ever have to see over the last 24 hours

No. Not at all. I am sure he provided accurate information. And it was horrifying. It was his demeanor that I found strange.

Did you watch it?
    He is a small town ME. He stated in the presser that this was only the 2nd time in his 33 years that he was at a Press Conference. I think was some what un-nerved. However, he did shed some insight on the events that unfolded.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Ah. I think it takes a unique individual to perform autopsies all day long.

He mentioned that it these post-mortems were some college students first day. Imagine that? Geez.
    Definitely takes a rare bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Definitely takes a rare bird.
    No matter how hardened, how do you walk away unchanged (for the worse) after viewing 20 bullet-riddled five year-olds? He started to say that the ammo in that rifle was designed to "stay in the tissue". Does that mean that it will destroy the body more?

Also, it was mentioned that most of the parents could not identify their children at the scene. They needed photos from the M.E. Jesus Christ, that is a nightmare.

From yahoo:

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — All the victims of the Connecticut elementary school shooting were killed up close by multiple rifle shots, a medical examiner said.
    Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at a news conference Saturday the deaths are classified as homicides. He said he believes "everybody was hit more than once."
    "This is a very devastating set of injuries," Carver said.

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-school-vi...205207737.html

Makes your blood run cold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    He was acting odd.I think he may be in shock.He's seen things that no one should ever have to see over the last 24 hours
    Ya think?

ME's can go their entire career without seeing sh*t like that..

Life goes on in America. Get your Walmart savings. Buy buy buy.

Sent from a phone using an app

Jets Insider VIP
    From yahoo:

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) All the victims of the Connecticut elementary school shooting were killed up close by multiple rifle shots, a medical examiner said.
    Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at a news conference Saturday the deaths are classified as homicides. He said he believes "everybody was hit more than once."
    "This is a very devastating set of injuries," Carver said.

http://news.yahoo.com/conn-school-vi...205207737.html

Makes your blood run cold.
    Blood cold.

A classroom of babies. All shot multiple times. But NFL football will still air tomm.

I'm just gonna eat drugs and drink until December 21st. Hopefully, the Mayans were right.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Blood cold.

A classroom of babies. All shot multiple times. But NFL football will still air tomm.

I'm just gonna eat drugs and drink until December 21st. Hopefully, the Mayans were right.

LOL! Stop it. You need to be there for your kids and Betsy's vaginal/ clitoral needs.

As tragic and debilitating as those murders in CT were, life goes on. Why would the NFL stop playing? If anything, it will give folks a few hours of distraction away from that horror. Not the parents, or those intimately involved (this tragedy will never resolve), but those of us on the outside looking in.

Hall Of Fame
    No matter how hardened, how do you walk away unchanged (for the worse) after viewing 20 bullet-riddled five year-olds? He started to say that the ammo in that rifle was designed to "stay in the tissue". Does that mean that it will destroy the body more?

Also, it was mentioned that most of the parents could not identify their children at the scene. They needed photos from the M.E. Jesus Christ, that is a nightmare.
    I think someone asked him if they all had head injuries and his answer was yes. It was hard to hear the questions.

I think they were hollow point bullets. Hollow point bullets are designed to "flower" or open up as they tear through flesh. The trauma is significantly increased bc of this. I think he said the energy was dispersed in the flesh meaning that the bullet did not exit the body. So to answer your question, yes it does destroy the body more and that is exactly what they are designed to do. They are not designed to exit the body.

Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-15-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    But NFL football will still air tomm.

I'll make you a deal PK, I'll stop pontificating, if you stop posting like a guy who might grab a rifle and off a few people himself.

This endless angry nihilism is a bit much.

What does an event like this have to do with the NFL ffs?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

I guess, Death is death to ME's, just like a surgeon can cut your skull with a whizz wheel and then operate. Many are alcoholics, etc.

All League
    I think someone asked him if they all had head injuries and his answer was yes. It was hard to hear the questions.

I think they were hollow point bullets. Hollow point bullets are designed to "flower" or open up as they tear through flesh. The trauma is significantly increased bc of this. I think he said the energy was dispersed in the flesh meaning that the bullet did not exit the body. So to answer your question, yes it does destroy the body more and that is exactly what they are designed to do.
    .223 rifle rounds "tumble" through the body. Causes a lot of tissue damage.

I wanna puke right now thinking of the horror those babies were going through. This didn't happen in an instant.

I think they were hollow point bullets. Hollow point bullets are designed to "flower" or open up as they tear through flesh. The trauma is significantly increased bc of this. I think he said the energy was dispersed in the flesh meaning that the bullet did not exit the body. So to answer your question, yes it does destroy the body more and that is exactly what they are designed to do.
    F**k me. Although I anticipated the answer, wish I had not clicked on your post.

Here, an open challenge to our lawmakers: You want folks to own guns? Fine. Single shot hunting rifles or pistols. No semi or fully automatics or heavily equipped magazines for either. Zero. And, one per household; no building of arsenals.

As soon as a skilled legislator can craft the wording, put it up as a national referendum.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's the nut behind the bolt.

All League
    F**k me. Although I anticipated the answer, wish I had not clicked on your post.

Here, an open challenge to our lawmakers: You want folks to own guns? Fine. Single shot hunting rifles or pistols. No semi or fully automatics or heavily equipped magazines for either. Zero. And, one per household; no building of arsenals.

As soon as a skilled legislator can craft the wording, put it up as a national referendum.
    Maybe there should be some sort of national mental test, and those that fail don't get to have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    It's the nut behind the bolt.
    There ya go. Allow folks to own "bolt action"/single shot rifles, not semi-automatics (easily turned into fully automatic) with bullets designed to maim human flesh.

Jets Insider VIP
    There ya go. Allow folks to own "bolt action"/single shot rifles, not semi-automatics (easily turned into fully automatic) with bullets designed to maim human flesh.
    Spinster....

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Maybe there should be some sort of national mental test, and those that fail don't get to have guns.
    Problem for me is this still allows for semi-automatic weapons (rifles and pistols) and the sick bullets DD mentioned. "Normal" folks flip out, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL! Stop it. You need to be there for your kids and Betsy's vaginal/ clitoral needs.

As tragic and debilitating as those murders in CT were, life goes on. Why would the NFL stop playing? If anything, it will give folks a few hours of distraction away from that horror. Not the parents, or those intimately involved (this tragedy will never resolve), but those of us on the outside looking in.
    I know.

Just sad that life's goes on for most people.