Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 526

Thread: Elementary School Shooting In CT....

  1. #501
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,932
    Odd that there really hasn't been any new news about this in a week or more.

  2. #502
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Odd that there really hasn't been any new news about this in a week or more.
    What were you expecting, exactly?

    The facts of teh event are already quite clear.

    Only his motive(s), assuming he had one that could be understood by the sane, is missing at this point.

  3. #503
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What were you expecting, exactly?

    The facts of teh event are already quite clear.

    Only his motive(s), assuming he had one that could be understood by the sane, is missing at this point.
    ================================================== =

    There is a lot of conjecture/conspiracy allegations out there.

    BS about was the shooting done with pistols and not the AR, stories about a mysterious man in cammo pants caught on a hill side behind the school right after the shooting.

    So some of the facts are still cloudy to many.

  4. #504
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    So some of the facts are still cloudy to many.
    What differenc does it make which gun he used, really? He had both, it easily could have been either.

    As for the rest, the "Grassy Knoll" Conspiracy Stuff, thats nothing but the usual JFK/911Truthers in action. Ignore it.

    Outside motive, there are no meaningful facts that are cloudy best as I can see.

  5. #505
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What were you expecting, exactly?

    The facts of teh event are already quite clear.

    Only his motive(s), assuming he had one that could be understood by the sane, is missing at this point.
    Tebow stubs his toe and there are half a dozen articles out within minutes. This is one of the biggest news stories of the year, Newtown is crawling with press, and there is silence. Back story, op ed, interviews, take your pick. Would these add much? Not saying that. But the silence of the press in the past week is unusual given the scope of events.

  6. #506
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What differenc does it make which gun he used, really? He had both, it easily could have been either.

    As for the rest, the "Grassy Knoll" Conspiracy Stuff, thats nothing but the usual JFK/911Truthers in action. Ignore it.

    Outside motive, there are no meaningful facts that are cloudy best as I can see.
    ===============================================

    I would like to know how or if the mother secured the guns, and maybe a little more detail on how the shooter breached the school doors.

  7. #507
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ===============================================

    I would like to know how or if the mother secured the guns, and maybe a little more detail on how the shooter breached the school doors.
    I understood that the shooter broke a window to get in.

  8. #508
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ===============================================

    I would like to know how or if the mother secured the guns, and maybe a little more detail on how the shooter breached the school doors.
    It's been widely and consistently reported the Mother Obtained the guns legally. The specific shop or show, how she secured them, how is any of that relevant? Locked up or not, the shooter clearly lived with her and figured out how to obtain them, as almost anyone living with someone else could.

    It's also been widely and consistently reported that the shootered entered by breaking/shooting a window to gain access inside the school, and that that noise is what summoned the School Admin. Staff (Principal/Councilor) leading to their status as the first in-school victims.

    What else? And outside of morbid curiosity, why are you so interested?

  9. #509
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    It's been widely and consistently reported the Mother Obtained the guns legally. The specific shop or show, how she secured them, how is any of that relevant? Locked up or not, the shooter clearly lived with her and figured out how to obtain them, as almost anyone living with someone else could.

    It's also been widely and consistently reported that the shootered entered by breaking/shooting a window to gain access inside the school, and that that noise is what summoned the School Admin. Staff (Principal/Councilor) leading to their status as the first in-school victims.

    What else? And outside of morbid curiosity, why are you so interested?
    Got guns legally.

    Still died




    Sent from a phone using an app

  10. #510
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What else? And outside of morbid curiosity, why are you so interested?
    ================================================

    Well I am curious, I never thought of it as morbid, but I do concede that may be the case.

    The Newtown massacre has spawned alot of talk about a perceived need for more gun control, and that is what I have focused on. I have my patient hat on waiting for the facts and details to come out directly from those tasked to investigate, as I do not trust the media to verify what they report as true.

    I have not followed the news closely in regards to Sandy Hook other then the iniital few days following the crime and instead have focused on the gun control debate.

    Safe storage laws interest me, and I had heard that the gunman breached the door but I am unsure how, I am curious how we may better secure our schools and our firearms.

  11. #511
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    I am also interested in what guns were used, the coroner said a long gun, it has been widely reported an AR15 was used.

    NBC has reported recently that there was no AR15, and as the debate focus has largely been on assault weapons,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

  12. #512
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,825
    Someone tried to break into my outbuilding last nite.




    Sent from a phone using an app

  13. #513
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Someone tried to break into my outbuilding last nite.




    Sent from a phone using an app
    ================================================== ==

    How did that work out?

  14. #514
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wildcat Country
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What else? And outside of morbid curiosity, why are you so interested?
    ================================================

    Well I am curious, I never thought of it as morbid, but I do concede that may be the case.


    It's not morbid curiousity. It's Warfish contradicting himself.



    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    12/19/12: We lack the details at this time to accurately assign a portion of teh blame to the Mother as yet. You do not know if she was "careless", nor do you know what she did/did not try to do to address her son's mental issues. It's certainly possible she bears a meaningful portion of responsabillity, but thata hard to prove at this still-early (details wise) juncture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    12/20/12: Again, we do not have enough details or timeline data, and I refuse to pass such decisive judgements on a murder victim, blaming them for thier own and 20+ other killings, based on the fractured and selective "reports" we're getting at current from FOX/CNN and their ilk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    12/27/12: What were you expecting, exactly? The facts of teh event are already quite clear. Only his motive(s), assuming he had one that could be understood by the sane, is missing at this point.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-28-2012 at 01:06 PM.

  15. #515
    Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    It's not morbid curiousity. It's Warfish contradicting himself to win an argument.
    Not exactly contradicting. Plenty of information came out between the days close to the shooting and now, but point taken.

    I don't agree that what specific gun he used, when he possessed both, is all that relevant, as the political arguments we be made the same way regardless. A bullet is a bullet tbh.

    Same way the "how it was secured" is somewhat irrelevant. If locked up, he clearly could get in (not suprising), if not locked up, thats worse, but doesn't change things. Anyone living together can figure out how to gain access. The only solution, per se, was not to own guns at all....and even then, he could still get one elsewhere.

    But like I said point taken.

  16. #516
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    I will just say that I do not trust the "facts" as they have been presented in the media up to this point.

    I'm not looking to discover every detail about this, just the facts that mostly pertain to the gun control debate. Like what kind/type of guns, how they were stored, and how we may better secure our schools.

    And Warfish you could live with me for a 100 years and never figure how to have access to my gun safe short of prying it open. A bit of conjecture on my part, but I believe this to be true.

  17. #517
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I will just say that I do not trust the "facts" as they have been presented in the media up to this point.


    I'm not looking to discover every detail about this, just the facts that mostly pertain to the gun control debate.
    I don't think there is much about this event that is pertenant to the "gun control debate" as it's being debated tbqh.

    And Warfish you could live with me for a 100 years and never figure how to have access to my gun safe
    I appreciate your confidence, but I believe your giving yourself too much credit, and those who live with you veryt little credit. But I don't know you, so you could be the 1 in 1,000,000 who truly has a Fort Knox Gun Safe and keeps it's truly secure even from loved ones.

  18. #518
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post




    I don't think there is much about this event that is pertenant to the "gun control debate" as it's being debated tbqh.

    ===============================================

    That is perfectly fair, not sure that I disagree. at least untill the full report comes out


    I appreciate your confidence, but I believe your giving yourself too much credit, and those who live with you veryt little credit. But I don't know you, so you could be the 1 in 1,000,000 who truly has a Fort Knox Gun Safe and keeps it's truly secure even from loved ones.
    ===============================================

    It's not a Fort Knox it's a Sentry, I am sure it could be breached easily enough by a locksmith, or with a buddy to help you pry it open. I think the Warfish given 60 minutes and the proper tools could breach my safe.
    I did not understand your post where you stated anyone living in the same house could figure how to gain access to the safe to include literally breaking into it. My bad.

  19. #519
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    ===============================================

    It's not a Fort Knox it's a Sentry, I am sure it could be breached easily enough by a locksmith, or with a buddy to help you pry it open. I think the Warfish given 60 minutes and the proper tools could breach my safe.
    I did not understand your post where you stated anyone living in the same house could figure how to gain access to the safe to include literally breaking into it. My bad.
    Someone living with you could/would presumable know where a key/the key (if it utilizes one) would be stored, including on your person. If not key-based, could (over time) deduce or spy-out the combination, in a combo-lock-system is utilized.

    Opinion only of course.

  20. #520
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Posts
    4,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Someone living with you could/would presumable know where a key/the key (if it utilizes one) would be stored, including on your person. If not key-based, could (over time) deduce or spy-out the combination, in a combo-lock-system is utilized.

    Opinion only of course.
    =================================================

    Not all safes are created equal, people use gun cases, gun lockers and gun safes.

    I have 2, one is more of a gun locker, it is small and is bolted inside of my night stand drawer, to access it you put your finger on the scanner thingy, its called a biometric lock. someone with a large screw driver could pry it open. I rarely keep a gun in it.

    The other is a gun safe, large, heavy, bolted to garage floor and wall, it utilizes a combo lock as is most common with gun safes, some have a digital key pad lock, some are biometric.

    I figure miy gun safe is good for keeping kids, buddies, punk want to be thieves and such out. I also consider it a reasonable device for protecting the guns within my budget.

    I provide a reasonable secure storage, as I think all gun owners shoulkd, as you say nothing is fool proof.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us