Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Report from inside source - Jets will sign BE to a contract at seasons end

All League

Report from inside source - Jets will sign BE to a contract at seasons end

I just learned from someone that the Jets are planning to sign BE to a 2 year contract at seasons end to pair up with Holmes as the #1 and BE at #2 and Kerley in the slot. My source is married to very senior executive of the Jets and give me this tidbit as we had a celebratory dinner last night for my new job.

I've been unemployed for the last 10 months. It's sucked thus far, but I'm really happy with me new role.

If we indeed do sign him to a contract extension I wouldn't be surprised as he can be a serious threat and matchup nightmare along with Holmes and Kerley IF Sanchez is given a better OL to work with next year.

Veteran
    If he comes at a couple million a year, it'd be a great idea. If he's looking 4-5, which is probably what we'll give him, it'd be a big mistake.

All Pro
    I would put him BE and Hill on the outside with Holmes in the slot. IMO

Would be a good move by them one less thing to worry about in a offseason that's gonna have plenty issues to worry about .
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.

Better Oline? What we need is a QB who can manage to quit turning the ball over after 4 years in the league. I know our line needs work, but you have to recognize the fact that the majority of Mark's follies are all on him.

Couple million a year????

This guy was having trouble finding a roster spot. And we could very well re-sign him, but he's 30 next year and he's had injury issues. We could re-sign him but absolutely don't pencil him in as a starter.

First we should see if he can still even play? Can he be like Coles was in his second stint with us? If so then yea sign him. If he will be like the Coles who came in at the end and was old and washed up forget it.

Why is anyone, especially if it's truly a member of the NY Jets' front office, talking about giving Edwards anything before he's actually played a down? You owe him nothing other than the current agreement.

Why f**k with this? They learned nothing by the ridiculous extensions they signed with Sanchez and Rex?

Why would they be planning to sign him to a contract without seeing him play a down for the team? Especially when there is zero market competition for him? Wouldn't you want him to, you know, show something on the field in the last three games first, considering the injury history?

edit: what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I just learned from someone that the Jets are planning to sign BE to a 2 year contract at seasons end to pair up with Holmes as the #1 and BE at #2 and Kerley in the slot. My source is married to very senior executive of the Jets and give me this tidbit as we had a celebratory dinner last night for my new job.

I've been unemployed for the last 10 months. It's sucked thus far, but I'm really happy with me new role.

If we indeed do sign him to a contract extension I wouldn't be surprised as he can be a serious threat and matchup nightmare along with Holmes and Kerley IF Sanchez is given a better OL to work with next year.
    Why would we sign him to a two year contract given the previous problems, his health and his lack of production the past two years? are you being serious? I find it weird that they would make this decision already.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Why is anyone, especially if it's truly a member of the NY Jets' front office, talking about giving Edwards anything before he's actually played a down? You owe him nothing other than the current agreement.

Why f**k with this? They learned nothing by the ridiculous extensions they signed with Sanchez and Rex?
    Guarantee the contract while we're at it! Only the Jets. Only the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

have you learned nothing from following the Jets for 30+ years?

If he looks halfway decent in the remaining games, I would definitely bring him back on a cheap deal. WR corps needs all the help it can get.

Jets Insider VIP
    If this is true, I imagine they are pleased with what they are seeing in practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Guarantee the contract while we're at it! Only the Jets. Only the Jets.
    I mean these f**king morons will never learn. Let the guy play first. For all we know, the Seattle medical staff was right and Bray is hurt and/or done.
    It's not like there is a line out the door to sign the guy.

Wouldn't shock me in the least. Heck, I'm surprised he wasn't given the deal the second we claimed him, chock full of guaranteed money. Why not? It's not like he's been injury prone and, when healthy, unproductive for two years.

I'm OK with the move of giving him a shot to be the No.4 WR in 2013. For the final three games of this season without knowing the system and with a questionable hamstring, it still just makes no sense to me.

Whether he's here or not in 2013, Stephen Hill should be given every single opportunity to be the No.2 WR opposite Holmes.

Oh, and it still remains to be seen if Sanchez can get them the ball. The OL is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    have you learned nothing from following the Jets for 30+ years?
    LMAO! You're right, Dirt. Forgive my stupidity related to Jet history.

Long and short. Sounds like a stupid idea, but it is the Jets FO we're talking about and I guarantee that Braylon is the only veteran WR in the NFL who can at least feign excitement at the prospect of playing with Sanchez.

My brother in law's best friend's cousin works for a local police department and he said that there was a pretty serious car accident this morning with a tire blowout and smashed front driver side quarter panel.

Nobody was hurt.

Oh sorry, what I meant was:

DUMP

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If this is true, I imagine they are pleased with what they are seeing in practices.
    How is the even possible? He just got here and they are already reporting he has a bum hammy. He's questionable for the Monday night game. How could he show enough to warrant an extension? My gut reaction, this insight is either 1. a complete fabrication, 2. a exhilaration of what was said or 3. a game of telephone where one thing was said and, by the time it made its way to this guy's ear, it was molested to this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    My brother in law's best friend's cousin works for a local police department and he said that there was a pretty serious car accident this morning with a tire blowout and smashed front driver side quarter panel.

Nobody was hurt.

Oh sorry, what I meant was:

DUMP
    do you have a link or a police blotter to prove this? if not then this is lieing.