Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Report from inside source - Jets will sign BE to a contract at seasons end

I can see this but only if one thing happens. We actually trade Holmes and dump a large chunk of cap. If so if we give him more then vet MIN at this point the PO really are idiots. I can deal with Hill and Kerley as the starters, draft anther WR in the 5 to compete with BE and White for the slot. If we do this and Holmes is still on the team it is a waste of a roster spot IMO. It just means Kerley our best WR is back on ST and not at WR. Edwards brings 0 up side to this team IMO. He is a downgrade at the 1 2 and 3 slots with the talent we have right now. Maybe even 4 if Royce ever gets healthy. If this is them just saying to the press see we are giving Mark anther chance to succeed they can suck it. Get younger and built a winning team already. Stop with the patches they have never done anything for us.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    If he comes at a couple million a year, it'd be a great idea. If he's looking 4-5, which is probably what we'll give him, it'd be a big mistake.
    There's no way he could get that. That's nowhere near his market value. He's done nothing for the past 2 seasons that comes close to that price.

And what has he done in the past 48 hours to even warrant a discussion of a new contract let alone a mult-year one unless its all in non-guaranteed $$
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-14-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I can see this but only if one thing happens. We actually trade Holmes and dump a large chunk of cap. If so if we give him more then vet MIN at this point the PO really are idiots. I can deal with Hill and Kerley as the starters, draft anther WR in the 5 to compete with BE and White for the slot. If we do this and Holmes is still on the team it is a waste of a roster spot IMO. It just means Kerley our best WR is back on ST and not at WR. Edwards brings 0 up side to this team IMO. He is a downgrade at the 1 2 and 3 slots with the talent we have right now. Maybe even 4 if Royce ever gets healthy. If this is them just saying to the press see we are giving Mark anther chance to succeed they can suck it. Get younger and built a winning team already. Stop with the patches they have never done anything for us.
    You're crazy. Braylon's market value isn't much different than Chaz Schillens.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    You're crazy. Braylon's market value isn't much different than Chaz Schillens.
    It is less actually which is the only reason I do see it as viable but only if we trade Holmes. Lets face it this is the best WR play this team has seen in 5 years and we don't have any names right now.

It is less actually which is the only reason I do see it as viable but only if we trade Holmes. Lets face it this is the best WR play this team has seen in 5 years and we don't have any names right now.
    Then there's no reason to trade Holmes.

And the cap hit / dead money would be ridiculous.

Then there's no reason to trade Holmes.

And the cap hit / dead money would be ridiculous.
    If we trade him we get like 9 mil back in cap. That would be huge.

If we trade him we get like 9 mil back in cap. That would be huge.
    But who's going to trade for him and that contract coming off an injury and an avg (at best) 2011 season.

Smh.

But who's going to trade for him and that contract coming off an injury and an avg (at best) 2011 season.

Smh.
    Agreed which is why I wouldn't sign BE unless that happens 1st. I wouldn't sign him then hope someone takes Holmes contract. Having both is not a good idea IMO. They are basically the same guy. Holmes is better but not worth 12 mil next year to us.

Agreed which is why I wouldn't sign BE unless that happens 1st. I wouldn't sign him then hope someone takes Holmes contract. Having both is not a good idea IMO. They are basically the same guy. Holmes is better but not worth 12 mil next year to us.
    The year 2010 would disagree with you.

Yeah I know it's 2012 but IMO, Holmes and Braylon should have been retained instead of just Holmes.

They aren't the same guy. I think that was demonstrated in '09 & '10.

Signing Braylon doesn't have anything to do with Holmes (as far as we on the outside of the team / locker room know).

Braylon isn't going to be cost prohibitive at this point.

He's been on a 1 yr deal for minimum salary the past 2 seasons and was released in December by both teams. He doesn't have any leverage or market value. And I highly doubt he'll do anything the next 3 weeks to move that needle at all.

Only Jet fans living in 2010 think he does.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    My source is married to very senior executive of the Jets
    After this gets out, either the marriage is over or the exec will go with the regime on Black Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Yeah I know it's 2012 but IMO, Holmes and Braylon should have been retained instead of just Holmes.
    lol 2010 was not better. Mark had a 54.8 comp, and 5.4 YPA, and 17 TDs. He has a higher comp, the same YPA, and will likely end up with the same amount of TDs without either of them. And as for the biggest argument to bring BE back we have had people open deep on a lot of plays this year without slow poke Plax. Our passing game was a joke in 2010 and still is. It isn't the WRs. But yeah that is 2010 anyway. Stepping back "in hopes" on finding something Mark may have lost doesn't make this team better IMO. I know your not saying that anymore I'm just stating the obvious here. I could care less who we kept they both suck balls balls and have not lived up too expectations. Only 1 of them if any should be on this team. I have stated it many times. I'd just rather start over then keep hoping one of them starts playing up to their "potential" at this point. We can do that with Hill and White IMO.

They aren't the same guy. I think that was demonstrated in '09 & '10.

Signing Braylon doesn't have anything to do with Holmes (as far as we on the outside of the team / locker room know).

Braylon isn't going to be cost prohibitive at this point.

He's been on a 1 yr deal for minimum salary the past 2 seasons and was released in December by both teams. He doesn't have any leverage or market value. And I highly doubt he'll do anything the next 3 weeks to move that needle at all.

Only Jet fans living in 2010 think he does.
    How so Holmes 10 and 11 stats are almost the same #s. He is just a year younger.

How so Holmes 10 and 11 stats are almost the same #s. He is just a year younger.
    Ok. Since you are basing this on numbers, which is funny. How's 5'11 and 6'3". And Holmes isn't anywhere near the blocker Edwards was.

Ok. Since you are basing this on numbers, which is funny. How's 5'11 and 6'3". And Holmes isn't anywhere near the blocker Edwards was.
    Sucking is sucking dont care what your height is. Holmes is faster does that matter? friggen useless with talent. Wes is 5'9 and slower then both he must suck in your opinion. We need a RB that can get past the line for blocking to even matter. Greene and LT barely did that last year. That wasn't Holmes fault and BE wouldn't have helped it any. The line OK but WR had very little to do with the run game decline at all last year. Holmes is a better route runner which is what WRs are for anyway. Crap is crap I can care less what either one does better then the other. Neither are better then a slot WR in this league RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

this is true, it's plain to see holmes was much more effective playing opposite a physical receiver that could stretch the field unlike plaxico. hill should be that guy, but he's clearly not ready yet. unfortunately I worry about braylon's health, he doesn't seem like the same guy from 2010 anymore. hopefully it's just a mental thing

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This isn't legit unless Incarcerated Bob says so.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Why is anyone, especially if it's truly a member of the NY Jets' front office, talking about giving Edwards anything before he's actually played a down? You owe him nothing other than the current agreement.

Why f**k with this? They learned nothing by the ridiculous extensions they signed with Sanchez and Rex?
    Exactly.

The guy was unwanted, barely found a roster spot each of the past two seasons. He caught 23 passes in two years for about 250. Hes been cut by 3 teams that needed wr's. He cleared waivers and the jets were the only team to put in a claim.

Why would the jets let it be known that he'll be extended 1 year, never mind two before even suiting up for a game ?

Why do people make this sh1t up? Better yet why do people actually believe this b.s.?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Exactly.

The guy was unwanted, barely found a roster spot each of the past two seasons. He caught 23 passes in two years for about 250. Hes been cut by 3 teams that needed wr's. He cleared waivers and the jets were the only team to put in a claim.

Why would the jets let it be known that he'll be extended 1 year, never mind two before even suiting up for a game ?

Why do people make this sh1t up? Better yet why do people actually believe this b.s.?
    Because this team has done one dumb ass move after anther all year. If you told me the JETS planned on Extending Sanchez tomorrow to open cap space I wouldn't be quick to say no chance in hell. At this point our moves don't make any sense at all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Because this team has done one dumb ass move after anther all year. If you told me the JETS planned on Extending Sanchez tomorrow to open cap space I wouldn't be quick to say no chance in hell. At this point our moves don't make any sense at all.
    No, that's an answer that makes no more sense than the op's nonsensical post.

Extending a contract to open call space makes sense. Extending an injured player who has no options, no takers and has completely sucked for two years isn't happening until he proved something.