Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report from inside source - Jets will sign BE to a contract at seasons end

Veteran
    Im a fan of BE but can we wait for the next 3 games before we decide to sign him to a longer deal?

Got to be cap friendly with the ability to cut him at any time.

Can you say incentive based contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I would put him BE and Hill on the outside with Holmes in the slot. IMO

Would be a good move by them one less thing to worry about in a offseason that's gonna have plenty issues to worry about .
    good idea, nice tall receivers on the outside and two quick slot receivers. Would we keep Chaz as a 5th receiver or cut him? Probably a better idea to keep him as we saw what happened to our receivers this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    How is the even possible? He just got here and they are already reporting he has a bum hammy. He's questionable for the Monday night game. How could he show enough to warrant an extension? My gut reaction, this insight is either 1. a complete fabrication, 2. a exhilaration of what was said or 3. a game of telephone where one thing was said and, by the time it made its way to this guy's ear, it was molested to this statement.
    Who knows? I'm wanting to believe the OP's information is legitimate.

By the way, you're not considering a 4th possibility. Ron Swanson might be behind this story.

The Jets don't have a QB who can get the ball to any receivers- another dumb move by Tannenfraud.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Better Oline? What we need is a QB who can manage to quit turning the ball over after 4 years in the league. I know our line needs work, but you have to recognize the fact that the majority of Mark's follies are all on him.
    McGinley - I agree but I have resigned to the fact that he will be our QB next year as our $%$#^ management signed him next year to a guaranteed contract. So the above statement about improving the OLine was with that in mind.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyan66 View Post
    How is the even possible? He just got here and they are already reporting he has a bum hammy. He's questionable for the Monday night game. How could he show enough to warrant an extension? My gut reaction, this insight is either 1. a complete fabrication, 2. a exhilaration of what was said or 3. a game of telephone where one thing was said and, by the time it made its way to this guy's ear, it was molested to this statement.
    Rhyan: I got this from someone very close to the situation. If you look at my previous postings here on JI since 2003 I have never fabricated any story nor have I ever come out with an article or posting of this sort before. As a long time member I think my posting come with some stock of truth giving the length of time I have posting. Again, reliable source

All Pro
    There gonna probably sign him cheap with probably a bunch incentives..

And probably give him the off season to get himself back to normal..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I just learned from someone that the Jets are planning to sign BE to a 2 year contract at seasons end to pair up with Holmes as the #1 and BE at #2 and Kerley in the slot. My source is married to very senior executive of the Jets and give me this tidbit as we had a celebratory dinner last night for my new job.

I've been unemployed for the last 10 months. It's sucked thus far, but I'm really happy with me new role.

If we indeed do sign him to a contract extension I wouldn't be surprised as he can be a serious threat and matchup nightmare along with Holmes and Kerley IF Sanchez is given a better OL to work with next year.
    Another SUCKCHEZ excuse! Now its the OL that has to be improved. WOW! The guy holds the ball too long; stares down receivers; runs into the backside of his OG and its the Ol's fault!

I have said this before and Iwill say it again: Put Welker or Gronkowski on the Jets with Sucky throwing the ball into the ground; up high so he gets hit all day long; behind him etc and Welker or Gronk would suck stats wise. Put Brady on the JETS behind this OL with these receivers and we'd see a major difference. just sayin'....

well, if this team gets a real #1 running back then maybe we'll have a real offense

I'm a big time Braylon supporter. Would love for him to be playing here beyond these three remaining games. But...

Does he have any gas left in the tank? Why not find out first what he can do, before making any major type of commitment. And today the Jets announced that Edwards was very limited in practice because of his hamstring injury. Braylon may not be able to show or do much for the remainder of this year. Which is pretty much what Pete Carroll had said after Edwards was injury waived.

So extending Edwards for two more years...sounds like a panic move to me....when you don't even know what you're getting. Is it because Hill's knee injury is much more serious then a knee sprain? Or that Hill's development will be much slower then expected. Either one could be a reason. But I'm still going to do some speculating here...

If this two year extension rumor is true, then I believe this means that Sanchez will be the starting QB next year for sure. With no open competition. Braylon is being entrenched on this team, to help Sanchez on and off the field. Cause either Tanny's or Rex' job...or both...could be tied into the success or failure of Sanchez. If he fails...one or both are gone.

Woody can't be too happy with the struggles of Sanchez and the team over these last two years. And Sanchez on his contract extension, has a CAP value of $12.8 mil, with around $8.5 in guarantees for next year. If he's cut...it's over $17 mil in dead CAP money the Jets will have to eat.

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary13.html

Woody isn't going to tolerate Sanchez sitting...while paying him that kind of money. Sanchez is playing. And if he fails...Woody might replace Tanny, or just blow it all up.

Sure I'm speculating. But why else such a panic move?

McGinley - I agree but I have resigned to the fact that he will be our QB next year as our $%$#^ management signed him next year to a guaranteed contract. So the above statement about improving the OLine was with that in mind.
    Ah, I see. So, you're saying it's a "You've got lemons. Make lemonade." type of deal.

Veteran
    Rhyan: I got this from someone very close to the situation. If you look at my previous postings here on JI since 2003 I have never fabricated any story nor have I ever come out with an article or posting of this sort before. As a long time member I think my posting come with some stock of truth giving the length of time I have posting. Again, reliable source
    Your only as good as your last hit.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    well, if this team gets a real #1 running back then maybe we'll have a real offense
    It couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

I just learned from someone that the Jets are planning to sign BE to a 2 year contract at seasons end to pair up with Holmes as the #1 and BE at #2 and Kerley in the slot. My source is married to very senior executive of the Jets and give me this tidbit as we had a celebratory dinner last night for my new job.

I've been unemployed for the last 10 months. It's sucked thus far, but I'm really happy with me new role.
    First off, Congrats on your new job. Believe me, I know all too well how much it SUCKS being unemployed. Despite the fact that I work overnights, it's better that I'm getting paid than having no income at all.

Secondly, forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical at your source though I'd like to know(if it's indeed true) if that 2-year-deal actually means next season and the following season?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    It couldn't hurt, that's for sure.
    Still no QB. No matter what talent they have can't win without a QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where's Bongo when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post

So extending Edwards for two more years...sounds like a panic move to me....when you don't even know what you're getting. Is it because Hill's knee injury is much more serious then a knee sprain? Or that Hill's development will be much slower then expected. Either one could be a reason. But I'm still going to do some speculating here...
    I think it could be a little bit of both.

I truly believe that Hill is done for the year since it's only 3-games remaining and will basically be shut down(I have no belief that this team will be able to get into the playoffs this year).

But also, Hill is still LEARNING to play WR after leaving a school that wouldn't know a Football PASS from an EZ-PASS. I think the Jets thinking on this is that after the 2-years is done, they let Braylon go on his merry way after helping Hill better develop himself as a WR so that he is then TRULY ready for the long haul as an NFL-Caliber WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Another SUCKCHEZ excuse! Now its the OL that has to be improved. WOW! The guy holds the ball too long; stares down receivers; runs into the backside of his OG and its the Ol's fault!

I have said this before and Iwill say it again: Put Welker or Gronkowski on the Jets with Sucky throwing the ball into the ground; up high so he gets hit all day long; behind him etc and Welker or Gronk would suck stats wise. Put Brady on the JETS behind this OL with these receivers and we'd see a major difference. just sayin'....

Do you ever get tired of hearing the sound of your own voice, KJ?

Quote Originally Posted by jets31 View Post
    Im a fan of BE but can we wait for the next 3 games before we decide to sign him to a longer deal?

Got to be cap friendly with the ability to cut him at any time.

Can you say incentive based contract?
    It HAS TO BE this.

If they are truly indeed planning to give him a 2-year-EXTENSION, then it must be practically drowning in incentives and may be Non-Guaranteed.....

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Long and short. Sounds like a stupid idea, but it is the Jets FO we're talking about and I guarantee that Braylon is the only veteran WR in the NFL who can at least feign excitement at the prospect of playing with Sanchez.
    You sure he's "feigning"?

I thought he and Mark were friends or something?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Couple million a year????

This guy was having trouble finding a roster spot. And we could very well re-sign him, but he's 30 next year and he's had injury issues. We could re-sign him but absolutely don't pencil him in as a starter.

Right because we have other players that deserve to start over him aside from Holmes, Keller, and Kerley.....Oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Wouldn't shock me in the least. Heck, I'm surprised he wasn't given the deal the second we claimed him, chock full of guaranteed money. Why not? It's not like he's been injury prone and, when healthy, unproductive for two years.

I'm OK with the move of giving him a shot to be the No.4 WR in 2013. For the final three games of this season without knowing the system and with a questionable hamstring, it still just makes no sense to me.

Whether he's here or not in 2013, Stephen Hill should be given every single opportunity to be the No.2 WR opposite Holmes.

Oh, and it still remains to be seen if Sanchez can get them the ball. The OL is fine.
    Good one!

If Braylon shows any IOTA of being the player he was in 2010, there's no way in hell that a RAW player like Hill takes the field as the #2 Receiver over him.

If this is true then maybe this organization is as jacked up as the media says everyday. Why would the Jets give Edwards a 2 year deal like that? They could have him next season for a cheap 1 yr deal at league minimum even if he plays well for us now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post

I'm curious... does Braylon qualify as a weapon in the "Sanchez needs more weapons" debate? How many weapons are acceptable for Sanchez before we can seriously evaluate him? If the Jets sign a couple of mid-level FA WRs and RBs next season and Sanchez continues to play poorly, does he deserve another extension until the FO can get him enough playmakers to make him an acceptable NFL QB?
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-14-2012 at 07:50 PM.