Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 57 of 57

Thread: Colts R going to finish 9-7

  1. #41
    Bottom line is we need Pats to win out and keep pressure on Texans. Otherwise they have nothing to play for the last week vs Colts.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Bottom line is we need Pats to win out and keep pressure on Texans. Otherwise they have nothing to play for the last week vs Colts.
    You don't want to rest players for multiple weeks. If they rest players it will be next week not week 17. Even if the Texans don't play some of their starters they are still a much better team. When your depth are players like Yates, Tate, Posey, Crick, and Routt on the bench saying they will rest some starters is not always a good thing for the other team. Yates is a pretty good QB IMO and Tate would be a starter on most teams right now. Even without AJ I still think the Texans are no pushover.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You don't want to rest players for multiple weeks. If they rest players it will be next week not week 17. Even if the Texans don't play some of their starters they are still a much better team. When your depth are players like Yates, Tate, Posey, Crick, and Routt on the bench saying they will rest some starters is not always a good thing for the other team. Yates is a pretty good QB IMO and Tate would be a starter on most teams right now. Even without AJ I still think the Texans are no pushover.
    True, but the more the Texans have to play for the better. LETS GO PATS!

  4. #44

  5. #45
    regardless of what the colts do, the jets still have to win out.

  6. #46
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,222
    GO JETS!!!!

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    At 1st I was thinking no friggen way but then I look at how Indy has won their games. That D usually goes into the 4th without the lead and Luck has made a ton of 4th quarter comeback drives to save the day. Out side of Jax who also beat them they really haven't dominated anyone. They have played some bad teams and barely won. Why not?
    Lets go Jamaal Charles!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    regardless of what the colts do, the jets still have to win out.
    We have all known this for a while now. The issue is whether winning out will even matter and what scenarios need to take place for us to make it IF we go 3-0 in our final 3.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Bottom line is we need Pats to win out and keep pressure on Texans. Otherwise they have nothing to play for the last week vs Colts.
    Texans will still have to play for a 1st round bye...regardless on what the Colts or Pats do next week.

  10. #50
    Texans will only have to win next week if Pats lose tonight or next week.

  11. #51
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Texans will only have to win next week if Pats lose tonight or next week.
    No, winning next week would guarantee them a bye. If they lose next two, Broncos & Pats win out, they get the byes.

    If they win next week, and pats win next 2, they still need to win week 17 to keep home field advantage, something I am sure they would play for since the Pats just stomped them in New England.

  12. #52
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    regardless of what the colts do, the jets still have to win out.
    Uh oh, there goes that bit of playoff optimism.

    SAR I

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    No, winning next week would guarantee them a bye. If they lose next two, Broncos & Pats win out, they get the byes.

    If they win next week, and pats win next 2, they still need to win week 17 to keep home field advantage, something I am sure they would play for since the Pats just stomped them in New England.
    I originally said Pats need to win out to keep pressure on Texans. That is the truth!!! What you are quoting is what my response was to someone who said I was wrong!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    the only way the colts lose to KC is if they forfeit
    Did you feel the same way about Arizona's chances of beating Detroit?

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The Colts are a good team, but they are much different on the road than at home. They will clearly be favored over KC, but it would not be a "miracle" for KC to win. Colts have lost by 20+ points on the road to the Bears, Jets and Pats; and road wins were against Tenn in OT, Detroit in the last seconds, and a 17 point win against Jax in the Gabbert injury game (note Jax won at Indy in weeks 3).

    People talk like the Colts are some Juggernaut. It took a lot of lucky breaks for them to beat GB, Detroit and Tenn. They could easily be a 6 win team. And let's not forget, the Jets pasted them at The Met.
    Honestly! The Colts had a really easy schedule because of their awful record last year. People seem to forget that. The only good team they beat was GB and at the time GB was struggling and looked like they were on their way to a bad season, not a division championship. They even lost to the Jags once. But we sure hear how the second half of the Jets schedule wins are meaningless because of playing such 'easy' teams.

  16. #56
    I'd give KC about a 2% chance of winning. They were just shut out by the Raiders. The Raiders. They don't care about Crennel's job and are already thinking about the offseason

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Honestly! The Colts had a really easy schedule because of their awful record last year. People seem to forget that. The only good team they beat was GB and at the time GB was struggling and looked like they were on their way to a bad season, not a division championship. They even lost to the Jags once. But we sure hear how the second half of the Jets schedule wins are meaningless because of playing such 'easy' teams.
    Only two games a year are weighted based on your record the prior year. I'm seeing this excuse made everywhere but it is not a huge factor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us