Thread: Jets Beat Writers + Twitter

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Beat Writers + Twitter

I've been following a few beat writer's on twitter for awhile now, and wanted to give my opinion. Also, I wanted to recieve some feedback as to point me into the direction of new, or better writers.

Manish - couldn't stand him. The constant "unnamed source" tweets got old real quick. I'm also pretty sure he was the writer that stirred up the "Tebow is Terrible" crap the circulated earlier this season. Now, he had been deleted and my life is better because of it.

Cimini - Always on top of things, but tends to put a negative spin on anything. Worth a follow, because of the espn stats.

Orr - Has been great replacement for Vrentas. Constantly tweeting relevant information, and things that make you understand what the jets are doing or trying to do.

James Walker (espn afceast) - Clearly a dolphins Fan. not really worth afollow.

Just wondering what your opinions are on these Beat writers, and if you have suggestions on others.

Cheers!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    People will mention Steinberg, but he's a hack, just a blogger who thinks he's friendly with the players. Bart Hubbuch and Brian Costello are two worth following.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    why is being a dolphin fan a problem?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    People will mention Steinberg, but he's a hack, just a blogger who thinks he's friendly with the players. Bart Hubbuch and Brian Costello are two worth following.
    Steiny is usually always the 1st one with breaking news when it comes to the Jets. he was the 1st to break the Tebow trade and Braylon Edwards signing.

He might be too friendly with the players, but he's still a very reliable source.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only follow Orr. Just the facts with none of the crap.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Following more than one just means endless tweets from them that so and so tweaked an ankle and is day to day or that Rex said that Sanchez is starting in his presser today 500 times over your timeline.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Costello and cimini try and be humorous, but fail epically. If they don't try and be funny they are fine

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    I only follow Orr. Just the facts with none of the crap.
    Very true!

And it seems to be the MO for Star Ledger reporters.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Costello, definitely. Hubbuch? He's a hack two, I think he's a bigger jackass than Cimini.

I don't mind Steiny, tends to enjoy the little pedestal he's created for himself, doesn't seem to be full of himself. Seems like a good kid.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    why is being a dolphin fan a problem?

I find his opinions bias.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Twitter feed, but I have been following these guys on Facebook. They always provide some good insight

http://www.facebook.com/TheJetPress?fref=ts