Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Double Standard Continues

The Double Standard Continues

Just read that Coples was fined by the league for facemask against Jags. Meanwhile Clyde Gates still hasn't returned from a concussion suffered during a helmet to helmet hit against the Pats. I erased my DVR of the game and don't remember who the Pats player was but he got nothing but helmet with his own helmet. I thought for sure a fine was coming for that one and possibly a few others during that game but I don't recall seeing anything about it.

Dunno how intentional the hit was, so I can't really say if it's a double standard or not.

Hall Of Fame
    A couple of things might be the reason.

1. We all know the league protects QBs more than other players.

2. This is the second time Coples has facemasked a QB. For all we know he may have been warned by the league after the first time.

But I agree, the Pats do get preferential treatment. I just don't know if this was one of those cases.

For that accidental facemask Coples got fined $15,000. Ridiculous.

Quinton Coples fined $15,000 for facemask
    by Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
    12/14/2012 4:51 PM

http://www.nj.com/jets/team/13555218...5-000-for.html

Jets rookie DE Quinton Coples was fined $15,000 for an unnecessary roughness (facemask) on Jaguars QB Chad Henne, per a person with knowledge of the situation.

That person requested anonymity because the league does not reveal information regarding fines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRbkdGnoBs

There is the hit, definitely helmet hit helmet but it looks like Arrington's shoulder hit the receiver first and the top of his helmet hit the face guard of the receiver.
    which jerked his helmet around. If you see Arrington is bend over parallel to the ground, When Arrington hit him with the shoulder it bent him over and the helmet hit his face mask. That is the reason there was no fine. If his helmet hit the top of the players helmet it would show that he tackled the guy to high, but this was not the case here.

Pats will ride king until Brady is done. Nfls golden ticket

Quote Originally Posted by samoljets View Post
    Pats will ride king until Brady is done. Nfls golden ticket
    As long as Belichick is the HC the Pats will be a force to be reckoned with. He's head and shoulders above the rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    As long as Brady is the qb the Pats will be a force to be reckoned with. He's head and shoulders above the rest.
    fixed.

The Pats already had 4 or 5 players suspended for 4 games this season for peds.
    The league must feel that's enough for them. It's not like they cheat or they ever cheated before.

As long as Belichick is the HC the Pats will be a force to be reckoned with. He's head and shoulders above the rest.
    Will u people stop with this chit!
    Brady is the NFLs golden goose.

You won 11 games with Matt Cassell because you had a very good defense & played one team with a freaking winning record that year!

Pats fans constantly bring up 2008 without Brady, but I'm sure if they look back they probably didn't beat one team with a winning record?

Funny how they feel because of Belichick they will roll on without possibly the best QB to ever play in the league.

What a joke.
    Go back & look at BBs records before Brady, that's where you'll be again, struggling to get a playoff spot every year like every other team.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondary Al View Post
    Just read that Coples was fined by the league for facemask against Jags. Meanwhile Clyde Gates still hasn't returned from a concussion suffered during a helmet to helmet hit against the Pats. I erased my DVR of the game and don't remember who the Pats player was but he got nothing but helmet with his own helmet. I thought for sure a fine was coming for that one and possibly a few others during that game but I don't recall seeing anything about it.
    On that play you talkin bout, it was #32 McCourty who hit him in the head, both of em went down McCourty got up, but gates stayed down.

There's no whining in football. Cripes.

Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    There's no whining in football. Cripes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMlgqRymAc0
    Last edited by southside; 12-16-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Two can play....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Two can play....

But it was YOU who said, "there's no whining in football."

Accept your medicine and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    if only Sanchez showed half this emotion.

Brady is a winner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    if only Sanchez showed half this emotion.

Brady is a whiner.

Duh.

Veteran
    Let's incluse Andrew Luck in this double standard thing. Remember the block we got flagged for on him. He was clearly running towards the play as Cro was going for 6. Coples legally blocks him and we get a 15 yard penalty. Current refs not replacements.
    The media can barely speak from all the Luck dIck they're gobbling but when they do, it's about his greatness. He's under 50% passing and has 18 ints to go with his 18 tds. Jaws called this out Friday and I was like, " 'bout time".

Veteran
    Burn in hell Guido.

All League
    another dumb ass bandwagon Pats fan, Belli's record sucks ass without Brady, dumb ass bandwagon fan.