Thread: MSG cuts away from moment of silence

MSG cuts away from moment of silence

MSG cuts away from moment of silence, for the victims of the school shooting, before it ended, prior to the Knicks game to go to a commercial.

$ Disgusting $

Do sports broadcasts usually show the entire thing when there's a moment of silence sort of deal? I know that last night, CSN didn't even show the moment of silence for Sasha McHale (daughter of Rockets HC).

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Do sports broadcasts usually show the entire thing when there's a moment of silence sort of deal? I know that last night, CSN didn't even show the moment of silence for Sasha McHale (daughter of Rockets HC).
    ML Baseball does not cut to a commercial when we honor the victims of 911 with the singing of America the Beautiful

National tragedy

Brutal job by MSG

What's another 30 seconds?

Another argument in favor of those who believe America is ONLY about money.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    ML Baseball does not cut to a commercial when we honor the victims of 911 with the singing of America the Beautiful

National tragedy

Brutal job by MSG

What's another 30 seconds?

Another argument in favor of those who believe America is ONLY about money.
    I get your point. I suppose the difference would be that 9/11 was more of an attack on an entire country than a community. Still very sad, though.

Either way, I don't suppose it's the biggest injustice in the world, but showing the full thing would have been a nice gesture.

Hall Of Fame
    Keep in mind we are criticizing the same company that just orchestrated a benefit concert for Sandy victims that raised millions of dollars. I do not think they did anything to intentionally offend people. Could just be a producer that went to commercial too early.

Cop, I know this must be especially hard for you given your profession and I hope you are OK but I do not think we should overreact to this.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I get your point. I suppose the difference would be that 9/11 was more of an attack on an entire country than a community. Still very sad, though.

Either way, I don't suppose it's the biggest injustice in the world, but showing the full thing would have been a nice gesture.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Keep in mind we are criticizing the same company that just orchestrated a benefit concert for Sandy victims that raised millions of dollars. I do not think they did anything to intentionally offend people. Could just be a producer that went to commercial too early.

Cop, I know this must be especially hard for you given your profession and I hope you are OK but I do not think we should overreact to this.
    yeah, just found it a little offensive. You are right

The more attention we give to this killer, the greater chance of there being another massacre. I'm glad they cut to commercial. In these psychos' heads, the thing they want most in the world is the whole country giving them a moment of silence.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd_Times_A_Charm View Post
    The more attention we give to this killer, the greater chance of there being another massacre. I'm glad they cut to commercial. In these psychos' heads, the thing they want most in the world is the whole country giving them a moment of silence.
    Interesting take. Shouldnt have shown it all then. Cutting in the middle of it was the worst of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Could just be a producer that went to commercial too early.
    Then he should be fired for that.

Or at the very least, Suspended for being too impatient in going to commercial to give the worthless sponsors their moment in the sun to hock their worthless wares that no one ever buys.

Sponsors' thinking on this : "Oh what a tragedy.......oh well....Feeling run-down? TRY BLAHBLAHBLAH"

Hall Of Fame
    copernicus, I know we've had our battles, but I did think about how this tragic crime would've affected you and your fellow teachers after it happened. Good luck in the days ahead, and prayers for your fellow teachers in Newton.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    copernicus, I know we've had our battles, but I did think about how this tragic crime would've affected you and your fellow teachers after it happened. Good luck in the days ahead, and prayers for your fellow teachers in Newton.
    Thanks, and I never take what is said on this board personally. You are a great poster and the board works best when sides disagree.

Thanks again FS..............