Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Newsday: Assessing Mark Sanchez: Experts don't pull any punches

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    And why can't Sanchez take ownership of his stance and change it? If he actually reads what the fans think and media think (and I'm sure there are many out there that know what they are talking about), couldn't he make an effort to change it?
    That's just idiotic. He's supposed to listen to the fans and the media? I'm sure he comes to JI for tips too. He's a good teammate and listens to his coaches and tries to do what he is told and taught - to his detriment of course.

The only reason Matt Cavanaugh is still with the team is because there were no decent replacements out there. Rex Ryan wanted to replace him last offseason.
    Where do you get this stuff?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Been saying that for 3 months. But nobody in the media will acknowledge it because it would mean criticizing their daily quote machine

But Sanchez does deserve some blame too.
    Who cares. Why are you so wrapped up in what the media says or doesn't say. It won't affect anything the FO does.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That post says it all about Sanchez.

Good job MJ.
    Just like old times!? It's been a while since Pennington and you're back spewing your hate about a Jets QB...Nice!!
    Last edited by JetzIL; 12-16-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Who cares. Why are you so wrapped up in what the media says or doesn't say. It won't affect anything the FO does.
    Then put me on ignore.

At least one good thing came out of the Butt Fumble - that new Pistachio commercial where "Sanchez does it with Moore's butt". LOLOLOLOL!

That's just idiotic. He's supposed to listen to the fans and the media? I'm sure he comes to JI for tips too. He's a good teammate and listens to his coaches and tries to do what he is told and taught - to his detriment of course.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...6&city=newyork

All Pro
    Says nothing about wanting to replace Cavanaugh, rather references Haley's experience as WR coach and passing coordinator.

What's MORE idiotic? Listening to a QB coach that is an obvious numbskull or trying to take some ownership of his plight? When he's KNOWS that listening will ensure his unemployment? Especially when he's been in the league for 4 seasons now?

And BTW, if he does start to take control of his own situation, and actually starts winning, the CS will EMBRACE it.

I also did not say he should listen to the fans. I said he should take ownership of his own situation and try to change it on his own.

You obviously do not think these things through, now do you?.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

David Carr:

If I had to pinpoint it Id say their team isnt what their team was a couple years ago, Carr told The Post. I dont think that hes a worse quarterback. Its just that the situation around him has changed. Its going to be interesting to see what happens. Ill definitely be pulling for him.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    David Carr:

If I had to pinpoint it Id say their team isnt what their team was a couple years ago, Carr told The Post. I dont think that hes a worse quarterback. Its just that the situation around him has changed. Its going to be interesting to see what happens. Ill definitely be pulling for him.

SAR I
    SAR, not to pile on, but what Carr is also inferring is that he has not improved either after 4 years in the league.

Sanchez is going to have every opportunity to start next year for the Jets. But the day the league year starts, he will not be referenced to as the starter.

He will be given every chance to beat out Tebow/McCelroy/Garrard/Campbell/etc.for the position. The onus is on him to find someone to personally work with him this off season, a guy like Terry Shea. No Broadway, no actresses get out of NY entirely. Let see how important being the qb of the jets is to him.

Says nothing about wanting to replace Cavanaugh, rather references Haley's experience as WR coach and passing coordinator.
    I'm sorry you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Sanchez was doomed from the day he was drafted. Young qb with minimal experience coming out, he needed a good coaching staff around him.
    With Cavanaugh in place and Schotty, Mark was in trouble.
    Cavanaugh is still in the building.

The Jets have failed miserably with this kid.
    I posted this in another thread last week...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=251790&page=5

"Sanchez has been coached into a QBot...so he's not a QB anymore. All of his good football instincts and mobility, that he showed in college, has been coached out of him. He's a trauma case that may never recover. IMO...it's best for him to move on and try to revive his career elsewhere.

I remember Sanchez in his first game in Houston against the Texans. He moved out of the pocket and ran towards the near sideline to avoid pressure, saw a Jets receiver, all the way over on the opposite sideline...running down the field and waving at Sanchez for the ball. Sanchez quickly flicked his wrist on the run, and delivered an accurate pass to the receiver. It was about 35 yards across the field, and about 10-15 yards forward, for a 1st down.

It wasn't an RGIII play. Or a Cam Newton one. Nor a Russell Wilson one. It was a Sanchez play. It was what made him effective in college...throwing well on the run. Those other three were allowed to use their instincts and improvise what they did well in college, and incorporate it against NFL defenses.

IMO...it was important for Sanchez to be encouraged to use his mobility to throw well on the run, at the very beginning of his Jets career. Cause he was competing against NFL defenses on the experience of only 16 college starts. But Schotty and his playbook...with Cavanaugh and Rex not objecting...decided that Sanchez had to be groomed into a pocket passing robot. Having to do this with all that motion nonsense that Favre wouldn't put up with. It succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Mark Sanchez...QBot NYJ."

In the last year of Mike Singletary as HC of the 49ers, Alex Smith was a complete mess at QB. His spirit seemed broken and his confidence shattered. Pretty much what Sanchez is today. If Smith had one more year with Singletary...and him bringing in another new OC and playbook...I think Smith might have sucked on a gun and blown his brains out.

Instead he got Jim Harbaugh as an HC. And he's played well ever since. Even though he's not currently starting for the 49ers. Smith is now thought of as a viable candidate by fans and FO's...to be a starting QB for their team. Very few are saying that about Sanchez. And under this present Tanny-Rex regime...Sanchez will continue to fail next year too.

Once that happens...I hope Woody blows the whole thing up. I don't believe Tanny should get another HC to work with. Or draft another young QB and overseer his development. Sorry to say...Rex isn't equipped to do that job either.

IMO...the baton should then be passed over to someone with a very strong football background. Player...scout...coach...HC...GM...at least some combinations of these should be on that individual's resume. Added to this, he should have a reputation for talent evaluation and development. And also possess a clear vision for this NYJ football team. And a blueprint for achieving it.

Anything short of a real football man calling the shots...will result in a continuation of a Circle Jerk Jets operation, that we're all too familiar with. Round and round the NYJ will go...taking maybe a decade or two...before getting a sniff at another AFCCG...as this current one has done...twice.

Right now patience is needed. Woody needs to have a carefully thought out plan in place before taking any action. For now...he should let the Tanny-Rex-Sanchez dynamic play itself out in 2013.

After that...blow this up and implement the new plan. Headed by an individual that has spent 20 or more years on his life in various football capacities.

A football man.
    Last edited by GreenReaper; 12-17-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    David Carr:

SAR I
    Exactly, which means he had very little to do with the 4 playoff wins and was riding on the teams coat tails other than a few bright moments. Once the talent around him softened his glaring errors, which he always committed are just magnified.

I'd love to see Sanchez on a team like the Pats instead of Brady, boy would that teams offense ever fall of the face of the earth.

I agree green reaper

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm sorry you don't understand.
    You're right I don't understand what you dream up in your mind, but there's no need for you to be sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Exactly, which means he had very little to do with the 4 playoff wins and was riding on the teams coat tails other than a few bright moments. Once the talent around him softened his glaring errors, which he always committed are just magnified.

I'd love to see Sanchez on a team like the Pats instead of Brady, boy would that teams offense ever fall of the face of the earth.
    Terrible accuracy and horrible decision-making... Sanchez is the antithesis of everything the Pats value in a QB to run their system. They wouldn't touch him with a ten-foot pole.

You're right I don't understand what you dream up in your mind, but there's no need for you to be sorry.
    Enjoy your day

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I posted this in another thread last week...

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...=251790&page=5

"Sanchez has been coached into a QBot...so he's not a QB anymore. All of his good football instincts and mobility, that he showed in college, has been coached out of him. He's a trauma case that may never recover. IMO...it's best for him to move on and try to revive his career elsewhere.

I remember Sanchez in his first game in Houston against the Texans. He moved out of the pocket and ran towards the near sideline to avoid pressure, saw a Jets receiver, all the way over on the opposite sideline...running down the field and waving at Sanchez for the ball. Sanchez quickly flicked his wrist on the run, and delivered an accurate pass to the receiver. It was about 35 yards across the field, and about 10-15 yards forward, for a 1st down.

It wasn't an RGIII play. Or a Cam Newton one. Nor a Russell Wilson one. It was a Sanchez play. It was what made him effective in college...throwing well on the run. Those other three were allowed to use their instincts and improvise what they did well in college, and incorporate it against NFL defenses.

IMO...it was important for Sanchez to be encouraged to use his mobility to throw well on the run, at the very beginning of his Jets career. Cause he was competing against NFL defenses on the experience of only 16 college starts. But Schotty and his playbook...with Cavanaugh and Rex not objecting...decided that Sanchez had to be groomed into a pocket passing robot. Having to do this with all that motion nonsense that Favre wouldn't put up with. It succeeded beyond anyone's wildest dreams.

Mark Sanchez...QBot NYJ."

In the last year of Mike Singletary as HC of the 49ers, Alex Smith was a complete mess at QB. His spirit seemed broken and his confidence shattered. Pretty much what Sanchez is today. If Smith had one more year with Singletary...and him bringing in another new OC and playbook...I think Smith might have sucked on a gun and blown his brains out.

Instead he got Jim Harbaugh as an HC. And he's played well ever since. Even though he's not currently starting for the 49ers. Smith is now thought of as a viable candidate by fans and FO's...to be a starting QB for their team. Very few are saying that about Sanchez. And under this present Tanny-Rex regime...Sanchez will continue to fail next year too.

Once that happens...I hope Woody blows the whole thing up. I don't believe Tanny should get another HC to work with. Or draft another young QB and overseer his development. Sorry to say...Rex isn't equipped to do that job either.

IMO...the baton should then be passed over to someone with a very strong football background. Player...scout...coach...HC...GM...at least some combinations of these should be on that individual's resume. Added to this, he should have a reputation for talent evaluation and development. And also possess a clear vision for this NYJ football team. And a blueprint for achieving it.

Anything short of a real football man calling the shots...will result in a continuation of a Circle Jerk Jets operation, that we're all too familiar with. Round and round the NYJ will go...taking maybe a decade or two...before getting a sniff at another AFCCG...as this current one has done...twice.

Right now patience is needed. Woody needs to have a carefully thought out plan in place before taking any action. For now...he should let the Tanny-Rex-Sanchez dynamic play itself out in 2013.

After that...blow this up and implement the new plan. Headed by an individual that has spent 20 or more years on his life in various football capacities.

A football man.
    There is more to coaching a young QB than just telling him he can not make mistakes. As with Singletary and Smith, Rex tried minimize the importance of the QB position. The color coding wristband, the incessant browbeating of "just dont turn it over" took any confidence and decisiveness that Sanchez may have had and turned him into a paranoid, scared, confident-less QB.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    There is more to coaching a young QB than just telling him he can not make mistakes. As with Singletary and Smith, Rex tried minimize the importance of the QB position. The color coding wristband, the incessant browbeating of "just dont turn it over" took any confidence and decisiveness that Sanchez may have had and turned him into a paranoid, scared, confident-less QB.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Or Sanchez just isn't very good.

So now here's the new thing...I love it. Alex Smith is awesome with a new HC, the same HC that benched him (with team dominating the league) for a Rookie.

Let's stop with this, really. The whole idea is absurd. Sanchez is not a quality NFL QB and it's not because Rex ruined him.