Thread: jets to wear helmet decal honoring shooting victims.

jets to wear helmet decal honoring shooting victims.

Jets to Wear Helmet Decal on MNF Honoring Newtown Victims

The impact of the shootings in Newtown, Conn., on Friday have been felt far and wide, from the immediate area of Sandy Hook Elementary School in western Connecticut, 60 miles from New York City, throughout the tristate area and in all parts of the country and beyond.

The New York Jets will honor the victims, 20 of them schoolchildren, tragically killed Friday morning by wearing decals on their helmets for their Monday night game against the Titans at LP Field in Nashville, Tenn. The circular decals will display the initials S.H.E.S., for Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Both Jets owner Woody Johnson and head coach Rex Ryan spoke to the events in Newtown in the last 24 hours.

"Thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by today's horrific tragedy in Connecticut," Johnson offered via Twitter.

Ryan started his news conference today with a statement about the tragedy, saying, "First off, obviously, with the tragedy in Newtown, Conn., our thoughts and prayers are with all the people impacted by that tragedy."

Veteran
    Giants and Pats are doing the same. Should be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    true but this is a jets site last time i checked. thanks

Hall Of Fame
    One of the kids who lost his life was a huge Victor Cruz fan, and Victor is wearing his name on his shoes and gloves today.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

From my sister who lives in Newtown.......

Last edited by Apache 51; 12-16-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Before someone goes there, please refrain from cracking the obvious joke, people.

SAR I

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    true but this is a jets site last time i checked. thanks
    Last time I checked this tragedy is not about who you root for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    One of the kids who lost his life was a huge Victor Cruz fan, and Victor is wearing his name on his shoes and gloves today.
    I went to college with that boy's father, Dean. We weren't close friends and I haven't seen him in years, but I knew him. Simply tragic. I can't imagine what he and the other families are going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post

But....but....Braylon is a cancer and stuff, right?

Anyway, it's just horrid to think about the senseless deaths of those innocent children all thanks to a mentally-disturbed person(who inexplicably had access to an arsenal).....

Last time I checked this tragedy is not about who you root for.
    never said it was re read my initial post that you posted false information into. the giants did not wear any decals some players wrote with magic marker on helmets.

All League
    If the Jets (or the NFL or other NFL teams) want to support the victims, they should send a very big check to the appropriate authority. Everyone with ties to that school is going to need a lot of grief counseling.

It's hard to imagine what Connecticut is like right now.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-17-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    If the Jets (or the NFL or other NFL teams) want to support the victims, they should send a very big check to the appropriate authority. Everyone with ties to that school is going to need a lot of grief counseling.

Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post

all the money in the world isnt going to fix what happened there nor will it bring back the lost lives.

thats the problem with society today everyone thinks money buys everything.

may god bless everyone involved in this tragedy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    all the money in the world isnt going to fix what happened there nor will it bring back the lost lives.

thats the problem with society today everyone thinks money buys everything.

may god bless everyone involved in this tragedy.
    I agree with you in part. I just don't think that the "sticker" does anything for the victims, their families, or the other families impacted by the tragedy.
    Last edited by Digetydog; 12-17-2012 at 03:59 PM.