Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sunday Games Thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why? We did in 2010. Texans are a better team....they should win. BOTH.
    Texans are not a great team right now, I don't trust them on the road against anyone and the Colts are actually decent. Colts will clinch anyway when they beat up on the Chiefs next week

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching this Packer v. Bears game...

If you read the Game is Fixed thread earlier this week, you could easily see how it's happening in this game. The refs are clearly giving this game to the Packers.

Note - I have no interest whatsoever in this game, just some obvious one-sided cals.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Chiefs somehow miraculously beat the Colts and we keep winning, it gets a bit more interesting.

I don't think it's going to happen though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I didn't see much that leads me to think they can beat the Texans.
    Take away the blocked punt TD and it's a FG game right now. Colts are a very different team at home. Plus I just don't think the Texans are very good. They have the look of a 1 and done team right now

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I would take that scenario in a sec.

Jet Win and Colt loss to the Texans and the Jets are in....
    You forgot about the Chiefs......

Sort of like relying on the Eagles to win

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Watching this Packer v. Bears game...

If you read the Game is Fixed thread earlier this week, you could easily see how it's happening in this game. The refs are clearly giving this game to the Packers.

Note - I have no interest whatsoever in this game, just some obvious one-sided cals.
    Bears have been severely outplayed. If Green Bay actually had a kicker who could make anything and didn't try an absurd return trick play, this game would be a laugher

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    damn indy is making this a game. I didn't realize the colts have the #8 passing offense in the league. luck is going to be a bona fide mega star. I think you're looking at the next great dynasty team
    all this and his last two games he was under 50% completion, go figure.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate the GIANTS....

Perhaps I'm jealous but I just don't like them or the attitude of their fans.
    Francessa will still go on the air tomorrow and claim the Giants are the best team in the league.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Broncos are better. Just as good at QB and a much better D. They're the one team that can take out the Pats
    No offense, but how do you know at this point the Broncos are better? They really haven't beaten anyone. After today, they are 1-3 against teams currently with 9 or more wins and that was against a declining Ravens team who will have lost three of their last four games. The Pats are 3-2 (assuming the Seahawks win) and possibly 4-2 if they win tonight including wins against the AFC's top two teams other than them. The Broncos haven't proven they can beat an elite team.

Also, in three tries, John Fox has yet to find a way to even slow down the Pats' offense. In three games under Fox, the Pats have scored 31, 45, and 45 points.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    No offense, but how do you know at this point the Broncos are better? They really haven't beaten anyone. After today, they are 1-3 against teams currently with 9 or more wins and that was against a declining Ravens team who will have lost three of their last four games. The Pats are 3-2 (assuming the Seahawks win) and possibly 4-2 if they win tonight including wins against the AFC's top two teams other than them. The Broncos haven't proven they can beat an elite team.

Also, in three tries, John Fox has yet to find a way to even slow down the Pats' offense. In three games under Fox, the Pats have scored 31, 45, and 45 points.
    But that Cardinals game still gives me pause.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post

It's called an opinion. I like the Broncos personnel on D better than I like the Pats. And Peyton is on par with Brady. Broncos have also run the ball well. They aren't just beating lesser teams, they are blowing everyone out. I think it's a toss-up game if they meet, but overall I think the Broncos are slightly better. You're on a Jets board dude, how much Pats lose do you think you're gonna get?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Take away the blocked punt TD and it's a FG game right now. Colts are a very different team at home. Plus I just don't think the Texans are very good. They have the look of a 1 and done team right now
    They look like they aren't anywhere near as complete a team as Houston. The score playing what ifs means nothing.

Take away the blocked punt TD, take the 7 off the board and the Texans change their approach, you never play that game.

Take away Marks stupid INT in NE and the Jets win that game? And that would lead you to think they would easily beat the Pats at ML, right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans 26 Colts 17

I think win or lose, the Colts have to feel great about how they played and made it competitive. I don't see the Texans going into Indy and winning.
    Not sure what that means? are the Colts such a powerhouse that Houston can't win their? Sure the Colts have a decent shot, but to act as if Houston is going to play 85 Bears in the final game is a little ridiculous. Luck still has one of the worst QB ratings in the NFL and the Colts defense is below average.

Obviously, it will all be moot if the Colts beat the hapless Chiefs next week (or we lose this week)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You forgot about the Chiefs......

Sort of like relying on the Eagles to win
    I get it, people are talking how we have no shot because Indy can't lose at home...My point was I would love it if it got there.

A win tomorrow night and we'll likely have more than a couple of scenarios to get into the playoffs with two games to go...

Honestly, all things considered, not bad....Week 17 I'll be watching meaningful football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrell Revis, Mario Williams......

One player does not a TEAM make.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Giants end up missing the playoffs, I think they will have a harder off season than the Jets will.

Much more expected from the Giants after their SB season combined with the ineptness in the NFC East

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    If the Giants end up missing the playoffs, I think they will have a harder off season than the Jets will.

Much more expected from the Giants after their SB season combined with the ineptness in the NFC East
    Please

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian Peterson is just a beast. MVP imo

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But that Cardinals game still gives me pause.
    It was a week 2 game where they lost Hernandez on the third offensive play. Barring a questionable holding call on Gronk on what would have been the game winning TD followed by a near chip shot field goal miss by Gostkowski, the Pats would have won. I know woulda coulda shoulda.

But the Pats have lost three games by a total combined 4 points.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Please
    Why. I think it's perfectly sound given the the expectations.