Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kirk Cousins

All League

Kirk Cousins

Obviously the Redskins never want RGIII to miss a snap, but him missing the final series last week and the game this week, and Kirk Cousins coming in and shining is about the best case scenario in DC.

They took Cousins hoping he became Matt Schaub to Griffin's Vick, and then trade him off to a QB starved team.

Now the real question is, what would it take to get Cousins in your opinion, and would you want the Jets to go after him?

Depending on the price, I would love for them to take a look, and not just based off the past 2 weeks. I think Cousins could be a very solid NFL starter if he is given time to develop.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Obviously the Redskins never want RGIII to miss a snap, but him missing the final series last week and the game this week, and Kirk Cousins coming in and shining is about the best case scenario in DC.

They took Cousins hoping he became Matt Schaub to Griffin's Vick, and then trade him off to a QB starved team.

Now the real question is, what would it take to get Cousins in your opinion, and would you want the Jets to go after him?

Depending on the price, I would love for them to take a look, and not just based off the past 2 weeks. I think Cousins could be a very solid NFL starter if he is given time to develop.
    He hasn't earned anything.

How about if we grow a brain and actually draft some value Qb's in the mid rounds instead of trading away our 3,4,5th rounders every year to move up in the late 1st or 2nd rounds. No can do of course because that QB might be a threat to Sanchez.

The Jets front office stinks.

All Pro
    Abs it is amazing though how most teams back- up qb's look better than our franchise one

Banned
    Send them Revis for Cousins and some picks.

WASH has no reason what so ever to trade Cousins until his contract is up. Great back up insurance for cheap.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    He hasn't earned anything.
    I don't know what that means. What is he trying to earn?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    WASH has no reason what so ever to trade Cousins until his contract is up. Great back up insurance for cheap.
    You honestly think Washington honestly took him in the 4th round with the intention of keeping him on the roster as insurance? They gave up an unbelievable amount of draft picks to get RGII, not just last year, but this year and next year. They took Cousins in the hopes he would look good in the pre-season and hopefully get interest from QB starved teams to recoup some of those picks. The fact that he's playing durin the regular season and playing decent is just gravy.

Veteran
    I don't know what that means. What is he trying to earn?
    A look by another team.

All League
    don't get ahead of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Send them Revis for Cousins and some picks.
    what picks? the skins traded them all for RGIII already

If I want a QB that produced in a handful of games, it's going to be Matt Flynn, not Kirk Cousins.

You honestly think Washington honestly took him in the 4th round with the intention of keeping him on the roster as insurance? They gave up an unbelievable amount of draft picks to get RGII, not just last year, but this year and next year. They took Cousins in the hopes he would look good in the pre-season and hopefully get interest from QB starved teams to recoup some of those picks. The fact that he's playing durin the regular season and playing decent is just gravy.
    Do you honestly believe they didn't scout him and take him because he was a good college QB. Wash is a smart team, if he doesn't work out, they waste a 4th rd pick on him, if he does become a great QB, they have a great backup to a QB who likes to run which gives more opp for injury. They had crap for QB's last year so they cleaned house and picked up two qb's in the draft. Now that they know that he can play, what a great back up they have at a cheap price and they can trade him if they want to, but no need to because of the low price tag. Moves like this are ones that I wish our FO would do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    How about if we grow a brain and actually draft some value Qb's in the mid rounds instead of trading away our 3,4,5th rounders every year to move up in the late 1st or 2nd rounds. No can do of course because that QB might be a threat to Sanchez.

The Jets front office stinks.
    KC was drafted at pick 102....we traded pick 108 to get Tebow.

We could easily have gotten Cousins but he won't sell PSLs.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

I'd be surprised if the jets did not draft a QB somewhere in rounds 2-4 this year

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Unless I missed something 102 comes before 108

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Unless I missed something 102 comes before 108
    So literal? we cold have done "something". Broad term..... Use your imagination

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'd be surprised if the jets did not draft a QB somewhere in rounds 2-4 this year
    I can't think of any good ones right now .....perhaps we just ride Mark, build through the draft and draft a QB next year.

Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    Do you honestly believe they didn't scout him and take him because he was a good college QB. Wash is a smart team, if he doesn't work out, they waste a 4th rd pick on him, if he does become a great QB, they have a great backup to a QB who likes to run which gives more opp for injury. They had crap for QB's last year so they cleaned house and picked up two qb's in the draft. Now that they know that he can play, what a great back up they have at a cheap price and they can trade him if they want to, but no need to because of the low price tag. Moves like this are ones that I wish our FO would do.
    Prisoner of the moment syndrome. Redskins have been absolute garbage the past 5 years and most of the past 20. Mike Shan and son got a second chance in DC only due to RIII. One of the most over-rated coaches in history. With all the hype, the Skins are 8-6. Not buying into Cousins either, at least not yet.

Washington will want at least a 2nd rounder and this regime would just screw him up.