Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Baltimore & Playoffs

  1. #1

    Baltimore & Playoffs

    An interesting new scenario seems to be emerging.

    Baltimore just lost and is now 9-5 and might be joining the fray and potentially be 9-7.

    They play the giants next week and it is not an easy game.

    Suppose they lose against the giants, they would be playing cincinnati in the last game (and who knows maybe for the division if Pitt trips in the last two games).


    Anyway, too many ifs (pittsburgh loses to Dallas and Cinci and jets win out) but interesting to think about. Colts losing is also interesting.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dinamite View Post
    An interesting new scenario seems to be emerging.

    Baltimore just lost and is now 9-5 and might be joining the fray and potentially be 9-7.

    They play the giants next week and it is not an easy game.

    Suppose they lose against the giants, they would be playing cincinnati in the last game (and who knows maybe for the division if Pitt trips in the last two games).


    Anyway, too many ifs (pittsburgh loses to Dallas and Cinci and jets win out) but interesting to think about. Colts losing is also interesting.
    The more scenario's the better.

    Let's get the win tomorrow night and the way it looks there seems to be a reasonable amount of ways where it wouldn't take a Miracle to get in...

    It's looking like the biggest problem is going to be winning out...

  3. #3
    Pretty sure that Baltimore holds every tie breaker against us

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    9,334
    Is there a stat nerd that can break down what the Jets need if the Cowboys loose to Pitt? (other than the Jets needing to win out)

    Much obliged.

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Is there a stat nerd that can break down what the Jets need if the Cowboys loose to Pitt? (other than the Jets needing to win out)

    Much obliged.
    Cinci win over Pitt
    Browns beat Pitt
    Ravens beat Cinci

    or Colts lose out

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Cinci win over Pitt
    Browns beat Pitt
    Ravens beat Cinci

    or Colts lose out
    You had me until that one.

  7. #7
    If the Ravens lose to the Giants we need them to beat the Bengals. Ravens get in at 9-7 over the Jets. Basically we need a Cowboys win now. Bengals to beat the Steelers next week and then Ravens to beat Bengals week 17. Or have the Colts lose the next two.

  8. #8
    The Yahoo Sports playoff scenario tool is pretty good - this scenario has the Jets in the 6th seed.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...01&16=00005114

  9. #9
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    You had me until that one.
    Its unlikely, especially since its in Pitt. But Cleveland has been OK as of late (though got beat good today by Wash), and they did beat them already once this year (with Batch at QB).

    Not sure i like Cleveland over Pitt or Chiefs over Colts more.

  10. #10
    Hopes rest with tony romo.

    Cowboys win then jets need winner only of cincy Pitt to lose week 17...if cowboys lose, cincy must beat Pitt then both lose week 17... Can't beat ravens in any scenario.... Indy losing both is also in play.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by BaysideSteve View Post
    The Yahoo Sports playoff scenario tool is pretty good - this scenario has the Jets in the 6th seed.

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffs...01&16=00005114
    It also has us at 10-6. Impossible!!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Hopes rest with tony romo.

    Cowboys win then jets need winner only of cincy Pitt to lose week 17...if cowboys lose, cincy must beat Pitt then both lose week 17... Can't beat ravens in any scenario.... Indy losing both is also in play.
    If the Steelers win today....Ravens lose out...Bengals win out...Colts lose out...
    Jets, Bengals and Ravens are the last three in... Go figure... Lets just hope week 17 has some meaning...

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
    Last edited by Conkboy; 12-16-2012 at 07:47 PM.

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Now we need the winner of next Sundays Pitt Cinci to lose in week 17 or
    Colts to lose out
    and us win out.
    its definitely not impossible.

    Ravens wont need the game in week 17, but if they come off four straight losses, I would gather they will be trying everything they can to win to prove to themselves they still can, game is in Cinci though.

    Our best bet, is to root for KC & Cinci next week.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Looks like Balt would have to go all out in week 17 should they lose week 16. They would be playing for a home field playoff game.
    Now should they beat the Giants next week that is off the table.

    So add the Giants to teams to root for next week.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    Pretty sure that Baltimore holds every tie breaker against us
    Every. Single. One.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us