Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: GO TITANS!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Heh.

I dunno about you guys, but I've been a Jets fan long enough to know what's going to happen:

Jets beat Tennessee.

Pittsburgh beats Cinci.

Week 16:
    Hype engine begins.

Jets beat San Diego.

Hype engine goes nuts. NY media going crazy.

Week 17:

Pittsburgh loses to Cleveland.

Cinci loses to Baltimore.

Jets get destroyed by Buffalo's CJ Spiller, the first top flight talent they have faced since Brady on Thanksgiving.

This is how Jets fandom works guys.

Needless to say, by some miracle, the Steelers go on to win the Super Bowl..............
    I'll sign up for going into the last week of the season in a "win and you're in" scenario vs. Buffalo.

In a heartbeat I'd sign up for that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'll sign up for going into the last week of the season in a "win and you're in" scenario vs. Buffalo.

Me too....... I haven't been excited about JETS football in over a year so this is refreshing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hey, if the team shows up tonight and plays hard, really dominates in all phases and plays a really good game I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Right now, this team has played like crap since before Thanksgiving, it's Christmas.

If all that mattered to me was three hours of football each Sunday and a tailgate with beefsteak I guess I'd be a little bit more focused on tonight's contest. But to me, all I want is a championship and this team is not capable of delivering that. I don't want three hours of entertainment every week; I could go see a movie if that's all I was in this for.

SAR I
    We all want a championship...no arguments here.

However, as was stated in the PSL thread, it IS about entertainment. In the thread it was talked about buying PSL's as a way that WE (PSL holders) choose to spend our entertainment dollars. So the last two weeks gave us a meaningful weekend of football entertainment and hopefully two more behind it at a minimum.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

Once again, you refuse to believe what you're told. For reasons I can't comprehend.

Millions of Jets fans want the team to lose-out so we can get some real change in here and get back on track towards a Super Bowl. The current regime had it's chance; two, in fact. The last thing we need is a back-in against the worst teams in the league just to get annihilated in the first round and have Woody, Mike, and Rex sell the feeble-minded on how this was an improvement over last year. Can't believe on how out of touch you are with the Jets fanbase. Myself included.

SAR I

Funny, I read through this entire thread and I only recall 1-2 people who agree with you... wonder where the millions are hiding out...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

jets this year

lets face it.the jets are not a very good team.for those fans looking for miricals.it is not going to happen.look foward yo big changes next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't make sense to root against the team you root for with 3 games left and there's no chance at the top pick and a franchise changing prospect.

I think Rex's & Tanny's fates are set. Tanny will get demoted and Rex will stay HC. If anything, these next 3 will decide how the Jets proceed with Sanchez going into next season. Do they try to get rid of him? Do they bring in real competition? Do they think they have to enhance the supporting cast? That sort of thing.

BTW, if the Jets make the playoffs you guys do realize that the teams WC opponent will likely be the Pats?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Why

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are all jerks, and know nothing about football

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Why

If you don't know why, I feel for you.

Maybe being a Sports Fan isn't for you. Maybe the Stock Market, where loyalty and being a fan isn't involved, might be a better choice of things to follow.

Why?

Because I am a Jets Fan, I enjoy seeing my team win football games, and I really enjoy seeing my team play (and hopefully win) playoff games. I enjoy being a successful team, even when we're hurt badly (best player on O, best player on D) and have one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. I enjoy having a shot, even if it's a small low-odds shot, at a Championship. I enjoy being a winning team, not a losing team, every year.

Why root agains them? For the 18th pick instead of the 19th? So Rex is maybe on a shorter leash in 2013 than he might otherwsie be? So that Tanny has a 0.00052 higher chance of being fired/demoted? So that a Coach Who Cannot Be Named Fantasy can exist for a short while, till we inevitable hire an actual person, and teh board erupts in mass dissapoint and mass hysteria of overhyped "he's the answer" threads? So we can hope we're one o fthe only teams in NFL history to fire a Head Coach who never had a losing season? So we can draft 10 new WR, RB's and O-Linemen and make Sanchez what we so dream he could be if only...if only......

A playoff game and a winning record is something real, tangible. An accomplishment to be proud of, even if not THE accomplishment we all want.

Rooting for losing, and firings, and who knows who next up at Coach and whatever......what is that, other than a fantasy, and a short lived fantasy at that?

Why is the fantastic hopes of the "fire them all" crowd somehow superior to the fantasy and hopes of the "lets win and get in" crowd?

At the end of the day, why root against your own team?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    You guys are all jerks, and know nothing about football
    Cool it with the name calling.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Why? Are you even a MOD anymore? You say you have MOD pwers but I dont see "Moderator" in your title.

Does this answer your question fellow accountant?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why? Are you even a MOD anymore? You say you have MOD pwers but I dont see "Moderator" in your title.
    LOL, be careful what you wish for.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe being a Sports Fan isn't for you. Maybe the Stock Market, where loyalty and being a fan isn't involved, might be a better choice of things to follow.

Why?

Because I am a Jets Fan, I enjoy seeing my team win football games, and I really enjoy seeing my team play (and hopefully win) playoff games. I enjoy being a successful team, even when we're hurt badly (best player on O, best player on D) and have one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. I enjoy having a shot, even if it's a small low-odds shot, at a Championship. I enjoy being a winning team, not a losing team, every year.

Why root agains them? For the 18th pick instead of the 19th? So Rex is maybe on a shorter leash in 2013 than he might otherwsie be? So that Tanny has a 0.00052 higher chance of being fired/demoted? So that a Coach Who Cannot Be Named Fantasy can exist for a short while, till we inevitable hire an actual person, and teh board erupts in mass dissapoint and mass hysteria of overhyped "he's the answer" threads? So we can hope we're one o fthe only teams in NFL history to fire a Head Coach who never had a losing season? So we can draft 10 new WR, RB's and O-Linemen and make Sanchez what we so dream he could be if only...if only......

A playoff game and a winning record is something real, tangible. An accomplishment to be proud of, even if not THE accomplishment we all want.

Rooting for losing, and firings, and who knows who next up at Coach and whatever......what is that, other than a fantasy, and a short lived fantasy at that?

Why is the fantastic hopes of the "fire them all" crowd somehow superior to the fantasy and hopes of the "lets win and get in" crowd?

Well said!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

Why?

+1 Well put.

Tomorrow is not guarranteed. Live for today, and root them on! I agree!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    Tannybum and Suckchez are my main candidates to be gone next year! Rex with a real OC and a QB who can play error-free football would bring home the bacon!

Root against the Jets! Not in this lifetime! We play the game to win! With a better QB & OC this team would be right in the thick of it! I hope we win the last 3 and the heck with the losing nonsense advocated by some here!

If WOODY does not know by now what TANNYBUM, SUCKY and WRECKS are capalble of, then he is the problem! We do not need to lose to wake him up. Lets win and screw all the pundits! It would be great to sneak in and then get hot! You never are out of it until the fat lady sings!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-17-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I want to root for another team; I'd rather just change my alliance to this franchise.

Though the likelihood of us advancing as a WC is dim and us even moving passed the first round is dim, I still have to side with my Team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least we have a game that means something, although still a long shot, and this is week 15... Last I checked the beloved NYG are in the same boat right now...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most know I'm rarely one of the optimists, but could our week 16 and week 17 opponents have possibly looked any worse yesterday? At least the Bills had a semi-excuse playing a legit SB contender and not even a true home game. But what about the Chargers? Ye gods man. Who knows what shows up for them next week at MetLife.

Considering our next 3 opponents have all been eliminated from playoff contention, it does take some steam off the games. We can only beat the teams on our schedule though