Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GO TITANS!

The subject matter of this thread is more of a commentary on the Jets fan base, then it is the Jets themselves. Sad.

Veteran
    Rooting against you own team? Pathetic...

I wouldn't care if they lose, but saying this before a game is just stupid.

All League
    we could finish 0-3 and rex still isn't getting fired

All Pro
    Will never root against my team no matter what ... Damn sure not gonna do it in the midst of a playoff chase.

Just let us get through door cause its been proven year after year that anything can happen then..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-17-2012 at 06:40 AM.

Jets Insider VIP

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's not work. It's my honest feelings.

Woody Johnson has an itchy trigger-finger when it comes to head coaches. Groh, Edwards, Mangini. Rex's contract doesn't count against the cap, it's not like Sanchez.

Rex was brought here to be a breath of fresh air after the Mangini military operation, a media-friendly mouth to help sell PSL's. Don't need someone like that anymore. It's time to win football games again. Need a real leader that the players can get behind.

SAR I
    TROLL!

Sorry pal but this is was over to top at this point in this season, and for Rex as HC

Jets Insider VIP
    Itchy trigger finger???

Parcells quit on his own

Belicheat scrawled his own resignation in crayon after stealing a mill from the prior owner

Herm Kotite hung around for multiple seasons when it was clear he was clueless and a moron

Mangini also hung around for three seasons despite being a robot clone

Rex has never had a losing season...probably not this season either (despite the 5-11 prediction...already surpassed....from certain really bad members of the fanbase.) 8

Itchy trigger finger....that would be the former owner who fired Pete Carroll before his first season to grab up Kotite.

Pete has had a terrible career since leading USC to national championships and the Seahawks from doormat to strong contender in the NFC

Get rid of Rex..no

Get rid of fans who advocate hundreds of times for Jet fans to root againsttheir team...yes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-17-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I will never root for the Jets to lose a game. Even if it meant getting Peyton Manning in the draft.

But that does not mean I don't see the potential long-term benefits of a short-term failure.
    Well said. We've done to much of this "wishing to lose" over the years and it never pays off. We know this all too well. Give Rex the tools to be successful. Enough changing of the guard.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    Go root for another team....

Win tonight and we have a game next Sunday that means something. Is not that why we fans and invest time in this?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Win tonight and we have a game next Sunday that means something. Is not that why we fans and invest time in this?
    Right on flagman

GO JETS!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The best thing that can happen is to end with a healthy team.

I don't think we'll finish 3-0 and part of me doesn't want to finish 3-0, but I'm going to root for it, no matter how pissed at myself I may feel later on.
    Last edited by 124; 12-17-2012 at 09:13 AM.

It's called grabbing attention.

He's been doing it for 10 or so years on this forum. Quite old.

Now if the Jets actually pull something off, he'll claim he was just giving them and Rex a "reverse jinx" just like he did on 2010.

....right

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Right on flagman

GO JETS!!!!

Let me know if you are coming by, may do a catered beefsteak.

\m/

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Hey, if the team shows up tonight and plays hard, really dominates in all phases and plays a really good game I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Right now, this team has played like crap since before Thanksgiving, it's Christmas.

If all that mattered to me was three hours of football each Sunday and a tailgate with beefsteak I guess I'd be a little bit more focused on tonight's contest. But to me, all I want is a championship and this team is not capable of delivering that. I don't want three hours of entertainment every week; I could go see a movie if that's all I was in this for.

SAR I

As a fan until your eliminated, you want the team to win to build on. Granted in this case in may be mitigated by the possibility that 1/2 the team will be leaving.

After that, I rather take a long range view incl better draft choice, easier next year schedule etc, than win a few meaningless games.

Unless there is somebody out there that you think is a vast improvement, A BB, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Vermiel, Walsh type, you let Rex drive next year.

As far as the front office goes, that is something else. I would not want them to draft some 3-4 lbs and then have a new coach come in next year (2014) and want to run a 4-3.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    It's called grabbing attention.

He's been doing it for 10 or so years on this forum. Quite old.

Now if the Jets actually pull something off, he'll claim he was just giving them and Rex a "reverse jinx" just like he did on 2010.

....right
    I don't need to grab attention. It just follows me.

SAR I