Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 208

Thread: GO TITANS!

  1. #81
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hey, if the team shows up tonight and plays hard, really dominates in all phases and plays a really good game I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Right now, this team has played like crap since before Thanksgiving, it's Christmas.

    If all that mattered to me was three hours of football each Sunday and a tailgate with beefsteak I guess I'd be a little bit more focused on tonight's contest. But to me, all I want is a championship and this team is not capable of delivering that. I don't want three hours of entertainment every week; I could go see a movie if that's all I was in this for.

    SAR I
    This is probably your best post ever.

  2. #82
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    As a fan until your eliminated, you want the team to win to build on. Granted in this case in may be mitigated by the possibility that 1/2 the team will be leaving.

    After that, I rather take a long range view incl better draft choice, easier next year schedule etc, than win a few meaningless games.

    Unless there is somebody out there that you think is a vast improvement, A BB, Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, Vermiel, Walsh type, you let Rex drive next year.

    As far as the front office goes, that is something else. I would not want them to draft some 3-4 lbs and then have a new coach come in next year (2014) and want to run a 4-3.
    It's been over 20 years since we had a head coach with an offensive background. Since then, it's been different degrees of trying to put together a strong defense and ignoring the fact that the league shifted and the rules have given a huge advantage to a team that can put up huge points each week.

    Looking no further than New England, take a look at how someone who was once considered the best defensive Cordinator in the NFL now runs an airshow that would give Don Coryell a run for the money. We need to give up on this crazy defensive strategy that only worked in 1985 and join the rest of the league in the new millennium.

    SAR I

  3. #83
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Bro! I know its been 43 years of disappointment but as long as there's a chance i'd think you'd be cheering green and white!



    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

    Can I?

    SAR I

  4. #84
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    Come on Bro! I know its been 43 years of disappointment but as long as there's a chance i'd think you'd be cheering green and white!
    If I thought this team had a prayer of competing for a championship or making another playoff run, I'd be doing reverse jinxes and posting pictures of mice and not stepping on sidewalk cracks.

    The last month we played the worst football we've played since Chad Pennington was last hurt in 2005. So the fact that we are in the playoff picture is just a testament to how weak the NFL is, not how good the New York Jets are.

    Many people are rooting for a win this week so they can justify spending time at the stadium next week. Smart people are rooting for a loss this week so that false hope isn't created and we don't waste another year with the current regime. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are just a few years away from being gone, finally, and all that matters is that on the day that they retire we are ready to make a run at a division title.

    2012 isn't happening. 2015 might. We need to focus on the future, not cling onto the past. A past, by the way, that wasn't so special.

    SAR I

  5. #85
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    If any of you season ticket holders who want the Jets to tank the rest of the season, let me know if you want to dump your Jets-Chargers tickets. I'm in the market for 3 of them.

  6. #86
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

    Can I?

    SAR I
    I think your a disgrace and whats wrong with the jets. its fans like you and reporters that cover the team with negativity.45 years and have never rooted against this team ever have I booed yes will I boo again yes support your team or go root for another. a total DISGRACE what a shame we wear the same colors

  7. #87
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    I think your a disgrace and whats wrong with the jets. its fans like you and reporters that cover the team with negativity.45 years and have never rooted against this team ever have I booed yes will I boo again yes support your team or go root for another. a total DISGRACE what a shame we wear the same colors
    Don't fall for his schtick.

  8. #88
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If any of you season ticket holders who want the Jets to tank the rest of the season, let me know if you want to dump your Jets-Chargers tickets. I'm in the market for 3 of them.
    If we lose tonight you'll be able to pick them up at about $20-30 a pop.

  9. #89
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If I thought this team had a prayer of competing for a championship or making another playoff run, I'd be doing reverse jinxes and posting pictures of mice and not stepping on sidewalk cracks.
    Due to your continued and ongoing defense of Sanchez as our QB, this "all I want is a Championship" rhetoric rings hollow.

    If all you wanted was a Championship, and you're willing to root against the Jets to see (as you believe) that come to pass.....it begs the question, why then are you not rooting against Sanchez, i.e. rooting for sanchez to fail again, throw three picks, and be benched, then cut, this offseason?

    If your argument is that he cannot be, that too rings hollow. There is as little chance of Rex being fired at say, 8-8 this year, as there is of Sanchez being cut. No owner, and certainly not Woody, is going to cut a head coach who has yet to post a single losing season, and whose most recent excuse/rationalization for dissapointment is a combination of lost #1's on O and D in Revis and Holmes, and a cast of young developing players on Defense and at skill positions like WR and RB.

    You've painted yourself into a corner. You simply cannot reconcile "all I want is a Championship" with your extensive defense of Sanchez as the Jets #1 QB. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

    The last month we played the worst football we've played since Chad Pennington was last hurt in 2005. So the fact that we are in the playoff picture is just a testament to how weak the NFL is, not how good the New York Jets are.
    The last month, the primary cause of our failure, like the past four years, is the limitations of Mark Sanchez, and his penchant for turnovers, 3-and-outs and his inabillity to sustain scoring drives.

    Yet you have been his biggest supporter at J.I. And rather than root for a change at QB, you root to fire a Coach without a single losing season, and who has been the impetus for a Top 10 Defense every year this far.

    Many people are rooting for a win this week so they can justify spending time at the stadium next week. Smart people are rooting for a loss this week so that false hope isn't created and we don't waste another year with the current regime.
    I root for a win because I'm a Jets Fan, so I root for the Jets to win and move on.

    It really is as simple as that.

    2012 isn't happening. 2015 might. We need to focus on the future, not cling onto the past. A past, by the way, that wasn't so special.
    "We" don't need to do anything, because "we" do not make make these decisions. "We" are not involved in player personal, coaching or playing.

    "We" are fans, and we have the choice to do one thing or another.

    We can root for our team.

    Or we can root against our team.

    You have chosen to root against our team, for a rather cloudy possible future you are ill able to define, and even less able to ensure occurs. You root against us, because of a fantasy where Woody hired (who?) some mythical coach you cannot name who is a sure thing to lead a title run, and a sure thing to convert Sanchez from the total abject failure he is today into a title-worthy QB. You root against us, based not in any facts, but on pure hope and fantasy.

    Yet you also dismiss us who have hope and fantasy for THIS regime, THIS Coach and THIS year, a year we are still not out of it, and a run is still possible (even if highly HIGHLY doubtful).

    Now, I'm well aware of why you post what you post, and I'm glad to give you the attention you clearly need here at J.I.

    Have a great day SAR.
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.

  10. #90
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    If we lose tonight you'll be able to pick them up at about $20-30 a pop.
    Yeah, I was thinking about that. I may have to go over to the darkside (SAR). lol

  11. #91
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    879
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    It's been over 20 years since we had a head coach with an offensive background. Since then, it's been different degrees of trying to put together a strong defense and ignoring the fact that the league shifted and the rules have given a huge advantage to a team that can put up huge points each week.

    Looking no further than New England, take a look at how someone who was once considered the best defensive Cordinator in the NFL now runs an airshow that would give Don Coryell a run for the money. We need to give up on this crazy defensive strategy that only worked in 1985 and join the rest of the league in the new millennium.

    SAR I

  12. #92
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Due to your continued and ongoing defense of Sanchez as our QB, this "all I want is a Championship" rhetoric rings hollow.

    If all you wanted was a Championship, and you're willing to root against the Jets to see (as you believe) that come to pass.....it begs the question, why then are you not rooting against Sanchez, i.e. rooting for sanchez to fail again, throw three picks, and be benched, then cut, this offseason?

    If your argument is that he cannot be, that too rings hollow. There is as little chance of Rex being fired at say, 8-8 this year, as there is of Sanchez being cut. No owner, and certainly not Woody, is going to cut a head coach who has yet to post a single losing season, and whose most recent excuse/rationalization for dissapointment is a combination of lost #1's on O and D in Revis and Holmes, and a cast of young developing players on Defense and at skill positions like WR and RB.

    You've painted yourself into a corner. You simply cannot reconcile "all I want is a Championship" with your extensive defense of Sanchez as the Jets #1 QB. Those two things are mutually exclusive.



    The last month, the primary cause of our failure, like the past four years, is the limitations of Mark Sanchez, and his penchant for turnovers, 3-and-outs and his inabillity to sustain scoring drives.

    Yet you have been his biggest supporter at J.I. And rather than root for a change at QB, you root to fire a Coach without a single losing season, and who has been the impetus for a Top 10 Defense every year this far.



    I root for a win because I'm a Jets Fan, so I root for the Jets to win and move on.

    It really is as simple as that.



    "We" don't need to do anything, because "we" do not make make these decisions. "We" are not involved in player personal, coaching or playing.

    "We" are fans, and we have the choice to do one thing or another.

    We can root for our team.

    Or we can root against our team.

    You have chosen to root against our team, for a rather cloudy possible future you are ill able to define, and even less able to ensure occurs. You root against us, because of a fantasy where Woody hired (who?) some mythical coach you cannot name who is a sure thing to lead a title run, and a sure thing to convert Sanchez from the total abject failure he is today into a title-worthy QB. You root against us, based not in any facts, but on pure hope and fantasy.

    Yet you also dismiss us who have hope and fantasy for THIS regime, THIS Coach and THIS year, a year we are still not out of it, and a run is still possible (even if highly HIGHLY doubtful).

    Now, I'm well aware of why you post what you post, and I'm glad to give you the attention you clearly need here at J.I.

    Have a great day SAR.
    Sweet.

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Root for the truth.

    Root for the exposure of those who need to be exposed (yet again) - and the hard work of those around them - to make it that much easier to identify the weak links.

    Root for this team to play as exactly who they are. No fluke wins, no contrived loses. Just the truth.
    Last edited by Paradis; 12-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Hey, if the team shows up tonight and plays hard, really dominates in all phases and plays a really good game I'd be a little bit more optimistic. Right now, this team has played like crap since before Thanksgiving, it's Christmas.

    If all that mattered to me was three hours of football each Sunday and a tailgate with beefsteak I guess I'd be a little bit more focused on tonight's contest. But to me, all I want is a championship and this team is not capable of delivering that. I don't want three hours of entertainment every week; I could go see a movie if that's all I was in this for.

    SAR I
    Have you ever been to a beefsteak? Got a good crowd for tonights game, should be fun... Yankees and Devils give this area the non football championships.

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets are not a good football team. So they are not ending the season on a 5 game winning streak. I think they will lose tonight and then we can get down to the real issue which is Tanny and Rex.

    I respect the guys that are talking about playoffs. but this is not a playoff team and they wont make it.

  16. #96
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    New Thread

    Do you even want to make the playoffs? Be honest

    Initial Post

    "To be sincerely honest part of me hops we lose out ; get the best draft pick we possibly can....... with the dreadful defense ; anemic run game caused by an abysmal O-line..... I just don't see any chance in hell of doing anything in the playoffs."

    Responses

    "I have to agree as well. My philosophy is if we don't win the superbowl there is no reason to be in the playoffs. Second, third or fourth Best gets u nothing but a higher draft Pick. We aren't playing together as a team. And our injuries are mounting."

    "I've thrown the towel in for this season. I don't have the time to lose sleep over this team."

    OH WAIT THATS FROM THE GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD LAST YEAR...SORRY

  17. #97
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post

    "I have to agree as well. My philosophy is if we don't win the superbowl there is no reason to be in the playoffs. Second, third or fourth Best gets u nothing but a higher draft Pick. We aren't playing together as a team. And our injuries are mounting."

    "I've thrown the towel in for this season. I don't have the time to lose sleep over this team."

    OH WAIT THATS FROM THE GIANTS MESSAGE BOARD LAST YEAR...SORRY
    Don't ever compare the atrocities of Mark & co. this year - to the regular season woes of the Giants last year.

  18. #98
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    437
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Don't ever compare the atrocities of Mark & co. this year - to the regular season woes of the Giants last year.
    Please rephrase.

  19. #99
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If I thought this team had a prayer of competing for a championship or making another playoff run, I'd be doing reverse jinxes and posting pictures of mice and not stepping on sidewalk cracks.

    The last month we played the worst football we've played since Chad Pennington was last hurt in 2005. So the fact that we are in the playoff picture is just a testament to how weak the NFL is, not how good the New York Jets are.

    Many people are rooting for a win this week so they can justify spending time at the stadium next week. Smart people are rooting for a loss this week so that false hope isn't created and we don't waste another year with the current regime. Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are just a few years away from being gone, finally, and all that matters is that on the day that they retire we are ready to make a run at a division title.

    2012 isn't happening. 2015 might. We need to focus on the future, not cling onto the past. A past, by the way, that wasn't so special.

    SAR I
    Yes, justification is served if the Jets win tonight, of course a loss would cut the beefsteak catered tailgate to a 1/2 dozen of us sitting around a firepit discussing why we are there... and who knows even with a win how many I will have as people are down on the Jets....

    This is football and anything can happen, even a Ass Fumble... while I do not high hopes, the Jets did rebound from a 45-3 beat down to make the playoff run in Jan 2011.

  20. #100
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heh.

    I dunno about you guys, but I've been a Jets fan long enough to know what's going to happen:

    Jets beat Tennessee.

    Pittsburgh beats Cinci.

    Week 16:
    Hype engine begins.

    Jets beat San Diego.

    Hype engine goes nuts. NY media going crazy.

    Week 17:

    Pittsburgh loses to Cleveland.

    Cinci loses to Baltimore.

    Jets get destroyed by Buffalo's CJ Spiller, the first top flight talent they have faced since Brady on Thanksgiving.




    This is how Jets fandom works guys.

    Needless to say, by some miracle, the Steelers go on to win the Super Bowl..............

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us