Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: GO TITANS!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No.

Once again, you refuse to believe what you're told. For reasons I can't comprehend.

Millions of Jets fans want the team to lose-out so we can get some real change in here and get back on track towards a Super Bowl. The current regime had it's chance; two, in fact. The last thing we need is a back-in against the worst teams in the league just to get annihilated in the first round and have Woody, Mike, and Rex sell the feeble-minded on how this was an improvement over last year. Can't believe on how out of touch you are with the Jets fanbase. Myself included.

SAR I
    If there are even one million Jets fans in existence on this planet, I will eat my hat. Of that less than one million Jets fans in existence, easily two thirds of them are complete idiots.

Your argument that a fair cross section of complete idiots are rooting for something that both contradicts the nature of fandom and likely will not produce the effect you are hoping it will falls right in line with the majority of your surprisingly irrational posts.

You structure your content on this site and the thoughts within them like an intelligent man.

But the nature of that content maintains idiocy to it's core.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    My kid is 7. Hes really not into the Jets though. and i am not pushing it at all. You have to let your kid go through this SAR. I had faith up until last year. Now im done. Until I see the right guy is place as GM, HC and qb, I wil have no faith. And right now, we are 0 for 3 in that department.

But at 11, you cant understand that so the kid is ok.
    Thanks, I guess you're right. I thank my lucky stars that my dad didn't make me a Mets fan, perhaps I should have dressed him in blue from the git-go and gave him some NFL peace.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    They aren't going anywhere for 4 years.

Thing is, there is no reasons to tank the season. Rex isn't getting fired. The players continue to play hard for him, to not quit. His defensive schemes are good, although his defensive talent is not elite.

His offensive talent is awful. What do you think Jon Gruden would do with this "talent"? Sparano should go, Tebow should go. The Jets should draft either a pass rusher (need that no matter what) or offensive playmakers in the first round. May a guard who knows how to play in the second round, and more speed guys from round 3-7.
    Rex Ryan is a very good defensive coordinator, and unfortunately nothing more. His hiring of Tony Sparano to salvage his offense was ridiculous. His waffling on press conference banter is ridiculous. His relationship with the fans is ridiculous. His outspoken demeanor is ridiculous. His loss of the locker room is ridiculous. The sleep coach is ridiculous. The leadership sleepover is ridiculous. The circus needs to go.

BUT even if you can ignore all that Sideshow Rex nonsense, the biggest issue still remains: He is running a losing strategy.

This wacky thought that he can buck the NFL's rules and recreate his father's 1985 Bears defense and Lombardi's 1959 Packers offense and win it all without a good air attack is Looney Tunes. It's good enough to beat all the scrubs on the schedule, but it fails miserably against the elite teams because an elite offense will always be able to crush an elite defense due to the rules of the game.

It's the Ryan strategy that is the villain here. Whether he represents himself and the Jets as a joke I could care less about (though it's getting tiresome); the big issue is that this defense defense defense strategy doesn't work. It doesn't. It can't. Ryan isn't the guy to run a balanced attack, someone to get into the offense like other head coaches do. That's why he has to go.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure Rex is an actual defensive coach. Herm was a very good motivator. But I doubt he ever made an actual play call.
    Either way, we've been bringing a bow and arrow to a gunfight for decades now.

Groh, Edwards, and Mangini all stuck with Testaverde and Pennington too long, the Favre show really showed how we could compete with the real enemy- Tom Brady.

And for the decade prior, when everyone in the old AFC East was getting their Hall Of Fame QB, we didn't even try, let the likes of Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Peyton Manning stomp all over us. Instead, we trot out defensive head coach after defensive head coach, and ultimately no defense could stop these Hall Of Famers and we can't sniff a Super Bowl appearance.

The 2010 Jets were onto something, but even then it fell short. Eventually, all the defense and all the disguises in the world doesn't stop Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger for 60 minutes. We were able to stop Rivers, Manning, and Brady to our credit, but Manning and Roethlisberger ultimately ended our best seasons as did Elway the decade before. Eventually, the great defense is asked to stop too many great quarterbacks and they can't do it. The 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens only got to 1 Super Bowl each. And that's when the rules gave the defenses a fighting chance. No more.

In order to find a great NFL quarterback, you need a great offensive coaching staff including the head coach. We haven't had that ever, haven't even tried to hire an offensive HC since 1989.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The best thing for the Jets would be to bring in a new gm and head coach. Go 2-14 next year and get top picks. Then show a little improvement and go 5-11 and get some more top picks. Then go 9-7 and be on the brink of the playoffs and go from there.

The Jets need a few years of back to back high picks.
    Yes. And to groom the right QB and to get a set of WR's that he's bonded and in rhythm with.

Brady and Belichick will be gone by 2015 or 2016. That's 2 or 3 seasons from now. We don't need to care about the next few years, let's go 1-15 for all I care.

What matters is what we look like on opening day when B&B have their numbers retired and we have the obstacle removed from our path. If we are not ready on that day, the Patriots superior front office will figure it out and we'll be behind another QB and HC that'll torment us for another decade. We have a window in 2015 and we can't blow it. That's all that matters. That's why it's "Go Titans" tonight.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    SAR, remind me who you want, and Woody WILL, hire to replace Rex for 2013 should we lose out and finish 6-10?

After all, without knowing that, how can we judge the alternatives?

Thanks in advance.
    It's not my job to understand what NFL coordinators or college coaches are out there with potential. I don't watch college football, I don't watch game film.

It is my job to judge the current head coach by what I see having watched every play in every game he has ever coached in the regular season, post season, and pre season.

The best head coach for the 2013 New York Jets is named "Not Rex Ryan".

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. And to groom the right QB and to get a set of WR's that he's bonded and in rhythm with.

Brady and Belichick will be gone by 2015 or 2016. That's 2 or 3 seasons from now. We don't need to care about the next few years, let's go 1-15 for all I care.

What matters is what we look like on opening day when B&B have their numbers retired and we have the obstacle removed from our path. If we are not ready on that day, the Patriots superior front office will figure it out and we'll be behind another QB and HC that'll torment us for another decade. We have a window in 2015 and we can't blow it. That's all that matters. That's why it's "Go Titans" tonight.

SAR I
    Its hard not to dream man. "I believe we can reach the morning light"

Are you sure we cant catch fire and win the SB this year instead?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    How do you blame Sparano for the offense but Rex gets a pass due to lack of talent on offense?

Fact is they don't have a QB. If Sparano had a quality QB this team would be quite good. It's not the coaching or talent (other than the QB play)
    Whoa. You think if Tom Brady was running this Sparano offense that he'd be successful?

How many Danny Woodhead dump-off's did Brady throw last night? 8? 10? 15?

The Tony Sparano offense doesn't even feature an emergency dump-off RB in its arsenal. It doesn't even allow for roll-outs in which our QB excels. Instead, it's a bunch of handoffs, a bunch of disrespected playfakes, and a drop back to find no open receivers due to a lack of talent.

It's not Sanchez, it's not Sparano, it's not Tannenbaum. It's Ryan. He's running the show. He's picking questionable players. He's caring only about his beloved defense. Defense defense defense. We keep bringing a bow and arrow to a gunfight. It's never going to work.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Its hard not to dream man. "I believe we can reach the morning light"

Are you sure we cant catch fire and win the SB this year instead?
    "I need a fix cause I'm going down
    Down to the abyss that I've left up town
    I need a fix cause I'm going down"

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    Couldn't agree more. But I do see Rex staying another year. but going 3-0 and having a shot to the playoffs while beating the worst teams in the NFL may lead to the masking of this team's major problems. Winning masks a lot of flaws.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    Once again we are on the same page, we're thinking alike.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I?

SAR I

Completely agree.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Winning masks a lot of flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Once again we are on the same page, we're thinking alike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Completely agree.
    Let us all utilize the oft-ignored Jets Insider Chat Room and make love to each other there.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa. You think if Tom Brady was running this Sparano offense that he'd be successful?

How many Danny Woodhead dump-off's did Brady throw last night? 8? 10? 15?

The Tony Sparano offense doesn't even feature an emergency dump-off RB in its arsenal. It doesn't even allow for roll-outs in which our QB excels. Instead, it's a bunch of handoffs, a bunch of disrespected playfakes, and a drop back to find no open receivers due to a lack of talent.

It's not Sanchez, it's not Sparano, it's not Tannenbaum. It's Ryan. He's running the show. He's picking questionable players. He's caring only about his beloved defense. Defense defense defense. We keep bringing a bow and arrow to a gunfight. It's never going to work.

SAR I
    The Offense does have these plays and MS just isn't smart enough to comprehend them, but you refuse to acknowledge this so there is no point in discussing this with you. I don't think Gmac is some great QB, but I can see the obvious when he is in there...his QB IQ is light years ahead of MS. I believe Rex should be fired if he refuses to acknowledge this. I need to see a couple games with Gmac (Not Tebow because I think is is a square peg) in there before I fire anyone. This isn't going to happen and this will end up in another JETS disaster season and three more to follow as they rebuild and make all the wrong moves.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    If we were mathematically out at this point, I may share your sentiment. If there's a chance, I'm rooting for it.
    Yep, that's the correct answer.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this hurts some of you, but tonight's loss is the best thing to happen to this franchise.

The full-quit is now on, we'll end the year 0-3, Ryan and Sparano and Tannenbaum will be gone, and we'll have a chance to reload for 2016 when Belichick and Brady are retired.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano will probably be the HC next year lmao

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this hurts some of you, but tonight's loss is the best thing to happen to this franchise.

The full-quit is now on, we'll end the year 0-3, Ryan and Sparano and Tannenbaum will be gone, and we'll have a chance to reload for 2016 when Belichick and Brady are retired.

SAR I
    I see Brady playing till he's in his early 40's, and why would BB leave? I don't see that scenario playing out for a looong time.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    I see Brady playing till he's in his early 40's, and why would BB leave? I don't see that scenario playing out for a looong time.
    Belichick is old and wealthy, and without Brady will turn into Shula and his legacy doesn't need that.

Brady is aging and wealthy and healthy, no need to get knocked around again and wind up punch-drunk like so many athletes do.

2015 or 2016 the dynasty is over. We need to be ready on that day.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If any of you season ticket holders who want the Jets to tank the rest of the season, let me know if you want to dump your Jets-Chargers tickets. I'm in the market for 3 of them.
    Mine sold last night on StubHub. Thank The Lord.

SAR I