Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GO TITANS!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Jets/Yankee fans are quite smart. We can see the future. Here, you tell me which one you prefer:

9-7 Make Playoffs: Annihilated in the first round. Rex and Mike keep their jobs, again. We open the 2013 season a train-wreck circus, again. Just postponing the inevitable.

7-9 No Playoffs: Woody Johnson takes a hard look, decides he's had enough of the clown show, gets a real head coach in here to instill discipline. We open the 2013 season feeling optimistic, heading on the right track to be ready to go when Belichick and Brady retire.

SAR I
    SAR: Give Rex credit for coaching this team to be around .500 with one of the worst rosters in the league. I think Rex can coach but he's been screwed by Tanenbaum's awful personnel decisions. Remember, Rex isn't the GM. He's just a coach who gets some input into the moves Tanny makes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

If you don't know why, I feel for you.

Maybe being a Sports Fan isn't for you. Maybe the Stock Market, where loyalty and being a fan isn't involved, might be a better choice of things to follow.

Why?

Because I am a Jets Fan, I enjoy seeing my team win football games, and I really enjoy seeing my team play (and hopefully win) playoff games. I enjoy being a successful team, even when we're hurt badly (best player on O, best player on D) and have one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL. I enjoy having a shot, even if it's a small low-odds shot, at a Championship. I enjoy being a winning team, not a losing team, every year.

Why root agains them? For the 18th pick instead of the 19th? So Rex is maybe on a shorter leash in 2013 than he might otherwsie be? So that Tanny has a 0.00052 higher chance of being fired/demoted? So that a Coach Who Cannot Be Named Fantasy can exist for a short while, till we inevitable hire an actual person, and teh board erupts in mass dissapoint and mass hysteria of overhyped "he's the answer" threads? So we can hope we're one o fthe only teams in NFL history to fire a Head Coach who never had a losing season? So we can draft 10 new WR, RB's and O-Linemen and make Sanchez what we so dream he could be if only...if only......

A playoff game and a winning record is something real, tangible. An accomplishment to be proud of, even if not THE accomplishment we all want.

Rooting for losing, and firings, and who knows who next up at Coach and whatever......what is that, other than a fantasy, and a short lived fantasy at that?

Why is the fantastic hopes of the "fire them all" crowd somehow superior to the fantasy and hopes of the "lets win and get in" crowd?

At the end of the day, why root against your own team?

Perpetuation of the Same-ole, same-ole, perhaps?

Would you trade 3-4 consecutive losing seasons to field a true Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years?

Because consistently hitting 9-7 to 7-9 really isn't doing much for anybody. It's you scraping into the playoffs.

Although I will be the first to acknowledge that the 2009 Jets run was one of the greatest times to be a Jets fan since that fateful Testaverde Achilles' pop in game 1 of the 1998 season (which was setup to not just win a Super Bowl but dominate the entire AFC).

At the same time, looking back, this mistake that has been the Sanchez era limited the team from winning a Super Bowl. The entire D and our best offensive player were wrecked by that point.

Scraping into the playoffs because somebody else lost and awaiting miracle runs without a top-flight QB is something alot of the JI members view as a loser mentality.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Would you trade 3-4 consecutive losing seasons to field a true Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years?

Because consistently hitting 9-7 to 7-9 really isn't doing much for anybody. It's you scraping into the playoffs.

Although I will be the first to acknowledge that the 2009 Jets run was one of the greatest times to be a Jets fan since that fateful Testaverde Achilles' pop in game 1 of the 1998 season (which was setup to not just win a Super Bowl but dominate the entire AFC).

At the same time, looking back, this mistake that has been the Sanchez era limited the team from winning a Super Bowl. The entire D and our best offensive player were wrecked by that point.

Scraping into the playoffs because somebody else lost and awaiting miracle runs without a top-flight QB is something alot of the JI members view as a loser mentality.
    Well said.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    If any of you season ticket holders who want the Jets to tank the rest of the season, let me know if you want to dump your Jets-Chargers tickets. I'm in the market for 3 of them.
    Stay tuned, might have something for you.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe810 View Post
    I think your a disgrace and whats wrong with the jets. its fans like you and reporters that cover the team with negativity.45 years and have never rooted against this team ever have I booed yes will I boo again yes support your team or go root for another. a total DISGRACE what a shame we wear the same colors
    Where are your season tickets located in MetLife Stadium? How much were your PSL's?

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Don't fall for his schtick.
    Good lord, it's not "schtick".

Is it really that unreasonable for a 35 year fan to know that this team isn't going anywhere and draft position and a front office overhaul is more important than beating 5 consecutive scrubs to eke out the right to get blown out on wildcard weekend?

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sar makes sense. This is a terrible football team. If they win the next two against inferior teams, it will only save Tannenbaum and Rex. And we will have another bad season next year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same Old Same Old What?

The Parcells Era, Herm Era, Mangini Era and Rex Era have all been very different, but all have been moderately successful and competative. The past 15 years or so, we've been one of the most competative teams in the NFL. Not top-tier, obviously, but far from the bottom as well.

When you can show me what assures you we'd GET a "true Super Bowl contender for the next 10 years" I might be able to answer that.

Right now, we have a Coach who has yet to post a losing season, is saddled with one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL, and a year where he lost he best player on D and best playmaker on O, an a host of rookies and youngsters at vital positions (Hill, D-line, RB, ect).

Yet we're still in it, 3 weeks to go and 3 bad teams on the schedule.

Would I trade the reality of Rex for some ill defined fan-fantasy of what "could be"?

No, not yet. After 2013 perhaps, after we see if another QB can do better perhaps, but right now? No.

People are so eager to dump what we have for the promise of whats behind Door #2.

People forget that whats behind Door #2 is often a whammy.

Fire Rex and Tanny, and get the next Harbaugh, sure, it's great.

Dump Rex and get the next Joe Philbin, Chan Gailey, Pat Shurmur, Mik Mularkey, Jim Schwartz, Greg Schiano, Romeo Crennel, Dennis Allen and a uncoutable assortment of others?

No thanks. I'll give Rex one more year, preferably a year without Sanchez holding everythign back with his horrible play at the single most vital position on the football field.

Make you "burn it all down" folks a deal.....

Lets root for victories now, when we're still in it, then I'll join you all rooting for Tanny to be demoted soon as we're out of it (Sanchez too).

Deal?

After all, you know we have no effect on the decisions one way or the other, right?
    Last edited by Warfish; 12-17-2012 at 04:24 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it really that unreasonable for a 35 year fan to know that this team isn't going anywhere and draft position and a front office overhaul is more important than beating 5 consecutive scrubs to eke out the right to get blown out on wildcard weekend?

SAR I
    When that 35 year fans is smart enough to know Rex isn;t being fired, and Sanchez is almost surely not being demoted......yes.

You are not getting the "burn it all down" rebuild you want in 2013. Sorry.

So now that that is out of the way, you're just a Fan rooting against his team without an actual real-world reason.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Due to your continued and ongoing defense of Sanchez as our QB, this "all I want is a Championship" rhetoric rings hollow.

If all you wanted was a Championship, and you're willing to root against the Jets to see (as you believe) that come to pass.....it begs the question, why then are you not rooting against Sanchez, i.e. rooting for sanchez to fail again, throw three picks, and be benched, then cut, this offseason?

If your argument is that he cannot be, that too rings hollow. There is as little chance of Rex being fired at say, 8-8 this year, as there is of Sanchez being cut. No owner, and certainly not Woody, is going to cut a head coach who has yet to post a single losing season, and whose most recent excuse/rationalization for dissapointment is a combination of lost #1's on O and D in Revis and Holmes, and a cast of young developing players on Defense and at skill positions like WR and RB.
    Here we go with this again.

I want the Jets to lose out because our 50 year old head coach has to go and I believe that he may be the reason our 26 year old quarterback hasn't improved.

The two men are NOT connected. It is entirely possible that with Rex Ryan and his 1985 Bears strategy shown the door we could bring in an offensive head coach and his well-respected coaching staff and have a legitimate weapon at QB.

You've painted yourself into a corner. You simply cannot reconcile "all I want is a Championship" with your extensive defense of Sanchez as the Jets #1 QB. Those two things are mutually exclusive.
    I do not defend Mark Sanchez at all. He's playing like crap. I am of the belief that he's worth a second-look next season because of how neglected he's been for the last two seasons. No personnel around him, lousy coaching, you know the drill.

The odds of Rex Ryan becoming a complete head coach = 0%

The odds of Mark Sanchez becoming a complete quarterback = 30%

I'll take my chances on the 4th year kid who has shown flashes and has been clearly abandoned over the old man whose had 35 years to get his act together and hasn't.

The last month, the primary cause of our failure, like the past four years, is the limitations of Mark Sanchez, and his penchant for turnovers, 3-and-outs and his inabillity to sustain scoring drives.

Yet you have been his biggest supporter at J.I. And rather than root for a change at QB, you root to fire a Coach without a single losing season, and who has been the impetus for a Top 10 Defense every year this far.
    Again, I am not a Mark Sanchez supporter. I merely believe that he deserves a second-look because he looked like an up-and-comer when we were in the middle of a 16-4 run and cutting through road playoff games like butter.

"The primary cause of our failure" as you put it? It's not our quarterback. It's our Defense and our Ground Attack both of which are supposed to be the pillars that this team is built to win on.

Mark Sanchez was never intended to throw the ball 40-50 times a game, yet that's what happens. The Defense lets us down and we fall behind early, the Special Teams blow big plays, and the Running Game never materializes. We then ask our quarterback to storm the beaches of Normandy with no soldiers and no rifles and we lose. What a shock.

I root for a win because I'm a Jets Fan, so I root for the Jets to win and move on.

It really is as simple as that.
    There are fans who don't care about the big picture. There are fans who only focus on 3 hours each Sunday and if the Jets get a win they're satisfied until the next week. I'm not one of those fans.

I'm in this for a Super Bowl and the team we have assembled currently is never going to go there, so tonight's game is meaningless from that standpoint. But where tonight's game is NOT meaningless is if we win it and win the next two weeks and wind up with a winning record so that it excuses the horrific team we have and puts Tannenbaum and Ryan back in the drivers seat. Rooting for the Jets tonight is NOT what fans should be doing.

Now, I'm well aware of why you post what you post, and I'm glad to give you the attention you clearly need here at J.I.

Have a great day SAR.
    You have no idea why I post what I post. I'm just another guy with an opinion. What's outlandish is how you and a few others perceive me. I don't seek high hits to my posts. I don't seek a contrarian point of view. I'm just a guy with an opinion, an opinion that varies from yours so you dismiss it as attention-seeking because you have an archaic, predetermined mindset of what a fan is supposed to do and you're wrong.

I don't even know why I respond to your lengthy, unreadable posts anymore. You haven't attended a live Jets game in your life, the epitome of the back-seat driving pretzel-eating basement TV viewer who thinks he knows everything yet is wrong more than he's right.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Root for the truth.

Root for the exposure of those who need to be exposed (yet again) - and the hard work of those around them - to make it that much easier to identify the weak links.

Root for this team to play as exactly who they are. No fluke wins, no contrived loses. Just the truth.
    Hear hear, brother Paradis.

Problem is, we're playing the scrubs of the NFL and so there is no 'truth' to be had. Its one thing when coachspeak tells us through the media "we're on the right track, we've won 3 in a row" but its a completely different thing when weak-minded Jets fans actually believe that crap.

These so-called "loyal" fans are part of the problem, not the solution. Their low standards and ability to swallow whatever Rex Ryan says hook/line/sinker gives Woody Johnson the shred of belief that maybe he should stick with the jackass.

Let's not let him. Go Titans.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Have you ever been to a beefsteak? Got a good crowd for tonights game, should be fun... Yankees and Devils give this area the non football championships.
    No, I haven't.

PM me, maybe I'll stop by and say hello, let you take photos with my BMW.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The Jets are not a good football team. So they are not ending the season on a 5 game winning streak. I think they will lose tonight and then we can get down to the real issue which is Tanny and Rex.

I respect the guys that are talking about playoffs. but this is not a playoff team and they wont make it.
    Touchdown.

When we lose tonight, let's not let this thread quietly go into the night.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    our 50 year old head coach has to go
    He's not going.

No matter how hard you root for our failure.

I believe that he may be the reason our 26 year old quarterback hasn't improved.

It is entirely possible that with Rex Ryan and his 1985 Bears strategy shown the door we could bring in an offensive head coach and his well-respected coaching staff and have a legitimate weapon at QB.
    It's also possible, nay more likely, we bring in the next 4-12 loser.

I do not defend Mark Sanchez at all.

The odds of Rex Ryan becoming a complete head coach = 0%

The odds of Mark Sanchez becoming a complete quarterback = 30%
    Rex has been 1,000% better the past 4 years than Sanchez has. Sanchez has been nothing but a lodestone around this team's neck.

But of course, you don't defend him, right?

I'll take my chances on the 4th year kid who has shown flashes and has been clearly abandoned over the old man whose had 35 years to get his act together and hasn't.
    And I'll take mine with a 4 time Top 10 Defense leading, Super Bowl ring hav'in Coach over the worst starting QB in the NFL over the past 4 years.

Again, I am not a Mark Sanchez supporter.

"The primary cause of our failure" as you put it? It's not our quarterback. It's our Defense

There are fans who don't care about the big picture. There are fans who only focus on 3 hours each Sunday and if the Jets get a win they're satisfied until the next week. I'm not one of those fans.
    No, you're a Fan the way Tex is a fan. An attention whoring troll IMO.

A talented one, though.

Rooting for the Jets tonight is NOT what fans should be doing.

You have no idea why I post what I post. I'm just another guy with an opinion. What's outlandish is how you and a few others perceive me.
    Awww, the offended Troll. How sad for you SAR.

I don't seek high hits to my posts. I don't seek a contrarian point of view.
    Lol.

you have an archaic, predetermined mindset of what a fan is supposed to do and you're wrong.
    Fans rooting for wins and postseason berths is now archaic. Gotcha.

I don't even know why I respond to your lengthy, unreadable posts anymore.
    The funniest line in the post, given who you are.

Enjoy rooting against us tonight SAR.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The 2010 run was totally on Sanchez. He played well against the Colts. Played fantastic against the Pats.

Everyone kills him for the PIT first half but when you remember the actual game and look at the stats it was the playcalling. He was getting first downs until an ill-advised end around got him stuck on 2nd and 17 and then a run got him to 3rd and 15.

Later there was a major holding or false start call, run, run 3rd and 11.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Yes, justification is served if the Jets win tonight, of course a loss would cut the beefsteak catered tailgate to a 1/2 dozen of us sitting around a firepit discussing why we are there... and who knows even with a win how many I will have as people are down on the Jets....

This is football and anything can happen, even a Ass Fumble... while I do not high hopes, the Jets did rebound from a 45-3 beat down to make the playoff run in Jan 2011.
    My 11 year old son doesn't want me to let the San Diego tickets go, thinks that if the Jets win tonight we should go next week.

I'm trying to talk sense to him, get him to root for the Titans tonight, but he won't hear of it. Says we're alive and we love the Jets and need to root for them no matter what. He put on his Coples jersey, got his homework done early.

I feel so bad that I did this to him. I'm an awful father.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    We all want a championship...no arguments here.

However, as was stated in the PSL thread, it IS about entertainment. In the thread it was talked about buying PSL's as a way that WE (PSL holders) choose to spend our entertainment dollars. So the last two weeks gave us a meaningful weekend of football entertainment and hopefully two more behind it at a minimum.
    I hear ya, and I know that's what we all said, but this is different.

Rex Ryan has to go. Anything that stands in the way of that is counter productive to our team, puts us in a bad position on that glorious day when Bill and Tom retire and the AFC might actually be winnable.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Why? Are you even a MOD anymore? You say you have MOD pwers but I dont see "Moderator" in your title.

Does this answer your question fellow accountant?
    Look at zee lower right corner of zee Landing Strip's main page, comrade.

SAR I

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    You do have a certain, shall we say, "routine" that you pontificate there.

But if you're serious about this one, then no it's not unreasonable for you to have your own opinion. But I'm going to root for our team just the same and let the chips (allbeit cow chips) fall where they may. And I think that the front office result will be the same whether we don't get in the playoffs or get blown out on wildcard weekend. I sincerely believe that Woody is not trigger happy, and we're going to have the same front office/HC next year regardless.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 11 year old son doesn't want me to let the San Diego tickets go, thinks that if the Jets win tonight we should go next week.

I'm trying to talk sense to him, get him to root for the Titans tonight, but he won't hear of it. Says we're alive and we love the Jets and need to root for them no matter what. He put on his Coples jersey, got his homework done early.

I feel so bad that I did this to him. I'm an awful father.

SAR I
    I feel your pain. My 16 year old daughter is a Jets fan b/c of me....and Mark Sanchez. She's subject to ridicule by the Steeler fans at her school. Although, this season, she's been able to get some jabs in herself.