Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: GO TITANS!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A belated hearty congratulation to you SAR, on your big Tenn. Titans victory. I'm at least pleased that someone here got exactly what they were rooting for last night.

It's small consolation, but at least I've also got what I wanted, Mark Sanchez's career in New York is over for 2012, and may be over for good.

We'll see if Rex will suffer the same fate soon I'd guess.
    Whatever that piece of crap was we saw last night, they all need to go as far as I'm concerned.

The case for keeping Sanchez and giving him another try next year keeps getting weaker and weaker, I recognize that. But he did play well in spurts early on when he had dependable weapons. I still hope that next season with a new coaching staff and some new weapons Mark will get another look, maybe he'll turn out to be who we thought he might be.

Ryan, we know what we get with him. It's just a matter if we want to keep the circus going and the defensive focus going.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Like I said, there's a 70% chance that Mark Sanchez is a bust. The sooner we find out the better, that's all that matters for this franchise. If it's McElroy fine so be it.

Better to have a McElroy vs. Sanchez camp in Cortland next year then deal with someone off the street or Tim Tebow.

SAR I
    I think we are at the 99.99% stage

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    I think we are at the 99.99% stage
    Can't argue that.

SAR I

McElroy starting on Sunday=Closing the barn door after the horse is gone.

He should have been dressed and played in the 2nd half last night rather then letting Sanchez ruining any chances of a playing meaningful games the rest of the season.

I agree with most of this.

Rex Ryan is a very good defensive coordinator, and unfortunately nothing more. His hiring of Tony Sparano to salvage his offense was ridiculous. His waffling on press conference banter is ridiculous. His relationship with the fans is ridiculous. His outspoken demeanor is ridiculous. His loss of the locker room is ridiculous. The sleep coach is ridiculous. The leadership sleepover is ridiculous. The circus needs to go.

BUT even if you can ignore all that Sideshow Rex nonsense, the biggest issue still remains: He is running a losing strategy.

This wacky thought that he can buck the NFL's rules and recreate his father's 1985 Bears defense and Lombardi's 1959 Packers offense and win it all without a good air attack is Looney Tunes. It's good enough to beat all the scrubs on the schedule, but it fails miserably against the elite teams because an elite offense will always be able to crush an elite defense due to the rules of the game.

It's the Ryan strategy that is the villain here. Whether he represents himself and the Jets as a joke I could care less about (though it's getting tiresome); the big issue is that this defense defense defense strategy doesn't work. It doesn't. It can't. Ryan isn't the guy to run a balanced attack, someone to get into the offense like other head coaches do. That's why he has to go.

SAR I

I wouldn't mind if we hired another defensive-minded coach. Mike Smith is a defensive coach but he gets it. Got himself a good OC and the Falcons offense is terrific. John Fox, another defensive mind, gets it in Denver. Even had a good offense with JAKE DELHOMME running the show.

Either way, we've been bringing a bow and arrow to a gunfight for decades now.

Groh, Edwards, and Mangini all stuck with Testaverde and Pennington too long, the Favre show really showed how we could compete with the real enemy- Tom Brady.

And for the decade prior, when everyone in the old AFC East was getting their Hall Of Fame QB, we didn't even try, let the likes of Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and Peyton Manning stomp all over us. Instead, we trot out defensive head coach after defensive head coach, and ultimately no defense could stop these Hall Of Famers and we can't sniff a Super Bowl appearance.

The 2010 Jets were onto something, but even then it fell short. Eventually, all the defense and all the disguises in the world doesn't stop Peyton Manning or Ben Roethlisberger for 60 minutes. We were able to stop Rivers, Manning, and Brady to our credit, but Manning and Roethlisberger ultimately ended our best seasons as did Elway the decade before. Eventually, the great defense is asked to stop too many great quarterbacks and they can't do it. The 1985 Bears and 2000 Ravens only got to 1 Super Bowl each. And that's when the rules gave the defenses a fighting chance. No more.

In order to find a great NFL quarterback, you need a great offensive coaching staff including the head coach. We haven't had that ever, haven't even tried to hire an offensive HC since 1989.

SAR I

I understand some of what is said here..

I didn't become a Jets fan by rooting for them to lose..

I want to win every game no matter how bad things are..

And I want them to win the last two games..

I do want changes.. But would have wanted them regardless of if we made the playoffs or not..

But the fact did remain.. We never played well enough this season except for week one where I though we ever could win five in a row!!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    McElroy starting on Sunday=Closing the barn door after the Shetlin Pony is gone.

He should have been dressed and played in the 2nd half last night rather then letting Sanchez ruining any chances of a playing meaningful games the rest of the season.
    fixed...

Mark never was a horse.