Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GO TITANS!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    You are probably right but I can't root against trying to win and make the playoffs...I want them to miraculously make the playoffs and then ride McElroy to the Super Bowl...Can't help it

What a ridiculous thread topic, just stop rooting for this team if this is how your really feel.

This isn't a 1 win team looking to lock up the first pick for a franchise QB with a few losses. This is a team 1 game under .500 with a chance (while slim I know but still a chance) at the playoffs. The point of the regular season is to qualify for the playoffs however you can. The Jets are 3 wins and some help away from qualifying from the playoffs and then we'll see what happens.

Rooting for losses so your team doesn't make the playoffs, just unbelievable. I don't read forums for other teams but I cannot imagine a thread like this happening anywhere else.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post
    What a ridiculous thread topic, just stop rooting for this team if this is how your really feel.
    It isn't how he really feels, he's just trolling for another thread with 100+ hits. He thrives on this stuff.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    It isn't how he really feels, he's just trolling for another thread with 100+ hits. He thrives on this stuff.
    No.

Once again, you refuse to believe what you're told. For reasons I can't comprehend.

Millions of Jets fans want the team to lose-out so we can get some real change in here and get back on track towards a Super Bowl. The current regime had it's chance; two, in fact. The last thing we need is a back-in against the worst teams in the league just to get annihilated in the first round and have Woody, Mike, and Rex sell the feeble-minded on how this was an improvement over last year. Can't believe on how out of touch you are with the Jets fanbase. Myself included.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Junk View Post

Rooting for losses so your team doesn't make the playoffs, just unbelievable. I don't read forums for other teams but I cannot imagine a thread like this happening anywhere else.
    Jets/Yankee fans are quite smart. We can see the future. Here, you tell me which one you prefer:

9-7 Make Playoffs: Annihilated in the first round. Rex and Mike keep their jobs, again. We open the 2013 season a train-wreck circus, again. Just postponing the inevitable.

7-9 No Playoffs: Woody Johnson takes a hard look, decides he's had enough of the clown show, gets a real head coach in here to instill discipline. We open the 2013 season feeling optimistic, heading on the right track to be ready to go when Belichick and Brady retire.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No.

Once again, you refuse to believe what you're told. For reasons I can't comprehend.

Millions of Jets fans want the team to lose-out so we can get some real change in here and get back on track towards a Super Bowl. The current regime had it's chance; two, in fact. The last thing we need is a back-in against the worst teams in the league just to get annihilated in the first round and have Woody, Mike, and Rex sell the feeble-minded on how this was an improvement over last year. Can't believe on how out of touch you are with the Jets fanbase. Myself included.

SAR I
    Rex and Tanenbaum aren't going anywhere.

I can't be the only sane Jets fan here that realizes that the best thing for this franchise is to finish out 0-3 and get Ryan out of here and Tannenbaum neutered and force change for our beleaguered offense and lackadaisical defense.

Can I?

SAR I
    Thats the thing, your not a fan. No fan would want their team to lose and miss the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Rooting against your own team.

On the basis of a change that isn't happen either way.

Agree to disagree.

The best thing that could happen to the Jets is we make the Playoffs, and have a shot, any shot, to win playoff games.

The best thing that could happen is the team realized Sanchez isn't the guy, and they keep Rex and his perenial Top 10 Defense, and replace the man responsible for our bottom 5 offense. Mark Sanchez.

2013 with Rex, and a new QB. Thats exciting.

2013 without Rex and with Sanchez.....is predictable as to the offensive outcome.

For the record, I don't think we will win out or make the playoffs. But I will root for that till it is no longer possible. Then and only then will I root for other things I think important....like Sanchez's permanent benching.
    +10000

has nothing to do with football.

SARS just wants the Jets to lose out so that his 6-10 preseason prediction turns out to be correct, thus garnering +3 internetz points.

bottom line: for contractual reasons, Rex and Sanchez will both be back in 2013, regardless of what happens the rest of the way. the much longed-for franchise overhaul won't happen until 2014, at the earliest. rooting against the Jets, at this point, is completely illogical.

my recommendation: while it lasts, try to enjoy the fact that team is in the midst of a somewhat-realistic playoff chase despite going through a nightmarish season that included injuries to our 2 best players and constant embarrassment on and off the field.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

If we lose out, I believe they are.

Rex will be fired. Tannenbaum will be reassigned. It's for the best interests of the team that this happen.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Thats the thing, your not a fan. No fan would want their team to lose and miss the playoffs
    Sure they would.

If the team had no chance to win a playoff game and they made it in simply by dumb luck (again) it can set a team back a year because it covers the sins up nicely, doesn't force change.

After 4 years of this nonsense, some of us are done with Ryan's piss-poor strategy and Tannenbaum's piss-poor talent management.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Unfortunately.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    has nothing to do with football.

SARS just wants the Jets to lose out so that his 6-10 preseason prediction turns out to be correct, thus garnering +3 internetz points.
    SAR could care less about his prediction. He spends $60,000 a decade to watch the team win, not lose.

Winning against scrubs proves nothing. The Jets are what we saw on Thanksgiving night. It has to stop. Losing out ensures this.

SAR I

Jets/Yankee fans are quite smart. We can see the future. Here, you tell me which one you prefer:

9-7 Make Playoffs: Annihilated in the first round. Rex and Mike keep their jobs, again. We open the 2013 season a train-wreck circus, again. Just postponing the inevitable.

7-9 No Playoffs: Woody Johnson takes a hard look, decides he's had enough of the clown show, gets a real head coach in here to instill discipline. We open the 2013 season feeling optimistic, heading on the right track to be ready to go when Belichick and Brady retire.

SAR I
    You also thought we were going to get "annihilated" in 2009 and 2010. Look how that turned out.

Your schtick is getting old. Go root for another team if you can't fathom rooting for this one with playoff chances.

Can I?

SAR I
    Sanity left your vocabulary long ago. So stop trying to use it when you are posting to the SANE masses.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

SAR could care less about his prediction. He spends $60,000 a decade to watch the team win, not lose.

Winning against scrubs proves nothing. The Jets are what we saw on Thanksgiving night. It has to stop. Losing out ensures this.

SAR I
    No, it doesn't. Because Tanenbaum will point to the blowout win against Indy and the near-misses against the Pats and the Texans, and convince Woody that one year of a really solid draft will fix all of the team's ills.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    You also thought we were going to get "annihilated" in 2009 and 2010. Look how that turned out.

Your schtick is getting old. Go root for another team if you can't fathom rooting for this one with playoff chances.
    No, I did not.

In 2009 I was, like everyone else, happy that the Jets left Mangini and Favre in the dust and saw the two rookies get into the playoffs. Playing with house money, it was fun.

In 2010 I was, like everyone else, expecting a decent showing against the Colts after an 11-5 season and the experience from the year prior.

Re-read the posts from those two years. Do a search for the term "reverse jinx".

SAR I

Go Titans! (If we are wearing the throwback jerseys)

Steelers are gonna choke and we are going to win 5 in a row and get in and beat a slumping Ravens team, and then give Houston a fight. Watch.

Dammit I spilled my green kool aid, BRB.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanity left your vocabulary long ago. So stop trying to use it when you are posting to the SANE masses.
    1. You predicted 12 wins for this season. Or was it 13? I forget.

2. How do the Patriots look now (as Hernandez scores).

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

No, it doesn't. Because Tanenbaum will point to the blowout win against Indy and the near-misses against the Pats and the Texans, and convince Woody that one year of a really solid draft will fix all of the team's ills.
    Tannenbaum will stay because Woody is helpless without him.

Ryan will go because Tannenbaum will have one more shot to put a winner on the field and Rex The Clown surely isn't up to the task.

Ryan will also go because Woody Johnson isn't in this for humiliation and that's all that Rex brings to the table. The PSL's are sold. His demeanor no longer helps Mr. Johnson; he hurts him. Back pages over Belichicks rings sells tickets, back pages in clown cars do not.

SAR I