Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: playoff machine

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Well said.

Road games are tough no matter who you are playing...they are a 5.5 point fav (around 2-1 on the ML), so to say there is no chance is silly.
    I follow the whole league pretty closely. You want to sell me on Jets winning out, I'll buy, it's possible. But don't sell me on unlikely upsets being likely to happen just because we need them to. If you were not a Jets fan, you would view the Colts-Chiefs this week as a laugher. You would certainly not like a team that got blown out by Browns and shutout by Raiders in past 2 weeks as any type of live underdog. And if you feel so good about KC's chances, you should probably throw some money on them

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I follow the whole league pretty closely. You want to sell me on Jets winning out, I'll buy, it's possible. But don't sell me on unlikely upsets being likely to happen just because we need them to. If you were not a Jets fan, you would view the Colts-Chiefs this week as a laugher. You would certainly not like a team that got blown out by Browns and shutout by Raiders in past 2 weeks as any type of live underdog. And if you feel so good about KC's chances, you should probably throw some money on them
    What? You totally misread his last post.

Huh?

Did you even read what I wrote? I never said KC would win...I said they are a 2-1 dog and have an outside shot much like Zona was this weekend (previous poster comparison).

Quote Originally Posted by fivewide View Post
    Huh?

Did you even read what I wrote? I never said KC would win...I said they are a 2-1 dog and have an outside shot much like Zona was this weekend (previous poster comparison).
    Well yeah, it's the NFL, every team always has a shot. I just think the Colts are a little better than people are giving them credit for. They are not a SB contender, but 6-2 in their last 8 games and played competitively on the road against a 12-2 team yesterday. They do not look like a team on the verge of dropping a game to the worst team in football. I think that was my point...

I think the Steelers and Bengals scenarios are far more likely

Well yeah, it's the NFL, every team always has a shot. I just think the Colts are a little better than people are giving them credit for. They are not a SB contender, but 6-2 in their last 8 games and played competitively on the road against a 12-2 team yesterday. They do not look like a team on the verge of dropping a game to the worst team in football. I think that was my point...

I think the Steelers and Bengals scenarios are far more likely
    The Colts losing out route to the posteason is definitely the long shot, but its not so crazy. The Colts should have lost to the patehtic Lions (if not for a last second TD) and they were losing by 13 points to the Titans before Jake Locker gift wrapped a pick six. A wins a win, and the Jets victories have been far from impressive, but KC will want to play spoiler this week.

KC did manage to play the STeelers close (losing 16-13 and the Broncos close losing 17-9).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    The Colts losing out route to the posteason is definitely the long shot, but its not so crazy. The Colts should have lost to the patehtic Lions (if not for a last second TD) and they were losing by 13 points to the Titans before Jake Locker gift wrapped a pick six. A wins a win, and the Jets victories have been far from impressive, but KC will want to play spoiler this week.

KC did manage to play the STeelers close (losing 16-13 and the Broncos close losing 17-9).
    The Colts are not that good.

KC should not have a problem running the ball on Indys D and the KC D is pretty tough. And last but not least, the game is in KC.

The Colts will lose.

All League
    our best chance is for the bengals to beat pitt next week, then for baltimore to beat the bengals in week 17

Jets HAVE TO win out.

Whether we get the necessary "assistance"(or not) to get into the playoffs is a different story.

I'd rather the Jets finish the year at 9-7 and if we don't get the "help" we need, so be it but at least the Jets wouldn't have laid down and Tanked(which some of us want them to do to secure a high draft pick).

Rex and Sanchez are going to be back next year regardless of what happens these remaining weeks so why not just finish the year strong?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    our best chance is for the bengals to beat pitt next week, then for baltimore to beat the bengals in week 17
    True. But despite the Steelers recent struggles, I just can't see the Bengals going in there and winning. And if that happens, we're in trouble because after getting blown away at home yesterday, the Browns are toast for the season, they'll roll over for Pitt in week 17. That Skins loss with Cousins at the helm basically sent the Browns into the offseason

I'll stand by this, if none of us were Jet fans, I don't think any of us would predict any of the 3 scenarios we need to happen to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Are you saying the Ravens backed into the playoffs?
    How did they not? They've lost three consecutive games and got in due to another team losing.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Clearest path for Jets is Bengals beating Steelers and the following week the Ravens beating the Bengals. That final game will mean something for Ravens if they lose this weekend against the Giants because the Ravens will lose the division if they're defeated by the Bengals.
    Yep.

I can't see Indianapolis losing to Kansas City, and Baltimore has a much better chance of going into Cincinnati and winning compared to Cleveland going into Pittsburgh. Cleveland only beat a Charlie Batch led Steelers team by 4 points - a that turned it over EIGHT times in their previous match-up. Now they're going to go into Pittsburgh and beat Ben Roethlisberger in a playoff elimination game? No.

Here's the big problem: As good as Cincinnati has been (or as mediocre as they've been) the last two years, they remain 0-6 against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Yep.

I can't see Indianapolis losing to Kansas City, and Baltimore has a much better chance of going into Cincinnati and winning compared to Cleveland going into Pittsburgh. Cleveland only beat a Charlie Batch led Steelers team by 4 points - a that turned it over EIGHT times in their previous match-up. Now they're going to go into Pittsburgh and beat Ben Roethlisberger in a playoff elimination game? No.

Here's the big problem: As good as Cincinnati has been (or as mediocre as they've been) the last two years, they remain 0-6 against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
    Baltimore may not even need that game either. If they beat the Giants this week, they will have won the division, locked the 4 seed, and they will stand to gain nothing from the week 17 game. I can't imagine them beating the Bengals under those circumstances.

All League
    True. But despite the Steelers recent struggles, I just can't see the Bengals going in there and winning. And if that happens, we're in trouble because after getting blown away at home yesterday, the Browns are toast for the season, they'll roll over for Pitt in week 17. That Skins loss with Cousins at the helm basically sent the Browns into the offseason

I'll stand by this, if none of us were Jet fans, I don't think any of us would predict any of the 3 scenarios we need to happen to occur.
    Ya, I'm not too optimistic, but crazier things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The Colts are not that good.

KC should not have a problem running the ball on Indys D and the KC D is pretty tough. And last but not least, the game is in KC.

The Colts will lose.
    The Texans will have nothing to play for in week 17 if they win this week and will probably rest the best players vs. the Colts.

Baltimore may not even need that game either. If they beat the Giants this week, they will have won the division, locked the 4 seed, and they will stand to gain nothing from the week 17 game. I can't imagine them beating the Bengals under those circumstances.
    I'd like to think Baltimore could take down the Giants, but I just don't see it. I think they finish 10-6 with a win in Cincinnati.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Win out and we r alive going into final week no matter what. Can't ask for more than that at this point.
    Why do the jets need to win so many games to get a wild card? Is the afc really that competitive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post
    Why do the jets need to win so many games to get a wild card? Is the afc really that competitive?

Um. Why are you dredging this up? This is from last year

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Um. Why are you dredging this up? This is from last year
    Trolls will dig in the ground anywhere to find food=attention..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Crusader View Post

It's 2012, not this year.

All Pro
    This is getting ridiculous someone please ban that little prick troll already please.....