Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me or do the Pats...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or do the Pats...

get all the tough teams at home? and not just this year, for the past several years... everytime they home, i keep thinking how lucky they are to be playing X team at home and not on the road...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i've always thought that about the steelers and pats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not just you. It always seems like it to me too, and has for years. "Luckiest" franchise in all of sports. There is a system for most of the games regarding scheduling but sometimes it doesn't always appear to follow it. If the pattern holds, they played @ SF 4 years ago and in Foxboro 8 years ago.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 12-16-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it me, or did the Jets and the Pats have the EXACT SAME home / away schedule this year?

So I guess we get all the tough teams at home too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Is it me, or did the Jets and the Pats have the EXACT SAME home / away schedule this year?

Correct

except for two games

good post

This same scheduling process has been around since the league went to four divisions yet some fans still think there's some grassy knoll conspiracy about it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

The Jets/Patriots get the EXACT same home/away schedule EVERY YEAR aside from two games, something people for whatever reason, can't seem to comprehend.

Bills/Dolphins get one schedule, Jets/Patriots get another.

Anyone who would like to dispute this can take a look for themselves as this remains the case through 2019. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afce.htm
    Last edited by 124; 12-17-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Thank you.

The Jets/Patriots get the EXACT same home/away schedule EVERY YEAR aside from two games, something people for whatever reason, can't seem to comprehend.

Anyone who would like to dispute this can take a look for themselves as this remains the case through 2019. http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afce.htm
    One of the most ridiculous comments uttered by fans/media is when they say, "Such and such team will have a much easier time next year because of their last-place schedule"

Other than 2 games, that last place schedule is the exact one that the Division winner will play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Correct

except for two games

good post

This same scheduling process has been around since the league went to four divisions yet some fans still think there's some grassy knoll conspiracy about it

what's the world coming to when Skippy is the voice of reason?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    One of the most ridiculous comments uttered by fans/media is when they say, "Such and such team will have a much easier time next year because of their last-place schedule"

Other than 2 games, that last place schedule is the exact one that the Division winner will play.
    Well, you do you have two easier games than anyone else in your division, I guess, and since Buffalo and Miami have different home/away schedules, that factors in, too, but with the Jets and Patriots it doesn't.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Patriots have been insanely successful because of their coach and quarterback, not league favoritism.

They win because they're better than the rest. Is it so hard to admit that?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

The Pats always have an easier schedule than the Jets because the Jets don't get to play the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    The Pats always have an easier schedule than the Jets because the Jets don't get to play the Jets.

LOL, wow......

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny but true

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet we still seem to manage to beat ourselves more than any other team does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    It's not just you. It always seems like it to me too, and has for years. "Luckiest" franchise in all of sports. There is a system for most of the games regarding scheduling but sometimes it doesn't always appear to follow it. If the pattern holds, they played @ SF 4 years ago and in Foxboro 8 years ago.

massive facepalm. wow. too lazy to pull up a gif. It's not even necessary, the rest of the thread did it for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Thank you.

Close but not correct. Jets and Pats have gotten the same homes and aways the past few seasons because they finished first and second the prior year

First and second get one group of home and aways (except for two ) third and fourth get the other

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay

Will the person who stole SG3's password to log in please return it

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Close but not correct. Jets and Pats have gotten the same homes and aways the past few seasons because they finished first and second the prior year

First and second get one group of home and aways (except for two ) third and fourth get the other
    That's not true, teams play a division from their conference on a 3 year rotation, and an interconference division on a 4 year rotation. The game's location alternates each time the rotation goes around. If it was based on where teams finished in a given year then one team could get the home game each 3 or 4 years. It alternates, dummy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    That's not true, teams play a division from their conference on a 3 year rotation, and an interconference division on a 4 year rotation. The game's location alternates each time the rotation goes around. If it was based on where teams finished in a given year then one team could get the home game each 3 or 4 years. It alternates, dummy.
    You are probably the last poster here at JI to call anybody else a dummy...

Didn't you announce your self perma-retirement btw??