Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: 65 and zero holding calls?

  1. #1

    65 and zero holding calls?

    The Patriots & Tom Brady threw 65 times without a holding penalty?

    They did get called for a hands to the face, but even that was only called because the 49ers players helmet was ripped off his head.

    As long as the NFLs mandate is to protect the franchise "faces" of this league like Brady, the Jets will have no chance playing a scrub QB like Sanchez & the ground & pound philosophy.

    There are numerous QBs playing better in their 1st & 2nd year than Sanchez in his 4th. Depressing.

    Jets have got to take a QB & with the new CBA they need to pick one every year until they find him.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Patriots & Tom Brady threw 65 times without a holding penalty?

    They did get called for a hands to the face, but even that was only called because the 49ers players helmet was ripped off his head.

    How can you have a holding penalty when the defenders are past the OLine in 2 seconds?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Patriots & Tom Brady threw 65 times without a holding penalty?

    They did get called for a hands to the face, but even that was only called because the 49ers players helmet was ripped off his head.

    As long as the NFLs mandate is to protect the franchise "faces" of this league like Brady, the Jets will have no chance playing a scrub QB like Sanchez & the ground & pound philosophy.

    There are numerous QBs playing better in their 1st & 2nd year than Sanchez in his 4th. Depressing.

    Jets have got to take a QB & with the new CBA they need to pick one every year until they find him.


    We all thought that perhaps Sanchez was our franchise QB. If he played well...he would be protected too. A latino QB, in the NY market etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How can you have a holding penalty when the defenders are past the OLine in 2 seconds?
    My point is that even retired Olineman commentators claim there is probably some holding on every play.
    I understand that the league will always protect its star QBs.
    Just disappointing that we have a QB that got hammered last year & was hit late on numerous occasions with the defensive players being fined the next day but no call during the game.
    I'm just jealous.
    We desperately need a QB.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,200
    Pats are lucky AND good. That is a lethal combination.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How can you have a holding penalty when the defenders are past the OLine in 2 seconds?
    You just answered your own question. Often that's when the o-line needs to hold.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Pats are lucky AND good. That is a lethal combination.
    QB fumbles the center exchange and the ball bounces right into the RBs hands who walks untouched into the endzone?

    And the Pats are lucky?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    QB fumbles the center exchange and the ball bounces right into the RBs hands who walks untouched into the endzone?

    And the Pats are lucky?
    Pats were lucky that Kap had at least 5 bad exchanges
    The early ones killed drives, like Al Michaels said, " this game feels like it should be 21-0, but the 49ers are only up 7-0".

  9. #9
    How many holdings did the 49ers have, you understand the the pats had more penalties called on them than the 9ers. Can't you just be happy that the giants and pats both lost. Yesterday's game shows that without Gronk there will be a tuff road in the playoffs for the pats.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Pats were lucky that Kap had at least 5 bad exchanges
    The early ones killed drives, like Al Michaels said, " this game feels like it should be 21-0, but the 49ers are only up 7-0".
    And the 9ers were lucky on a bunch of plays also. At the start of the game, I thought the conditons were favorable for the pats, but Brady had quite a few sail/slip

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    QB fumbles the center exchange and the ball bounces right into the RBs hands who walks untouched into the endzone?

    And the Pats are lucky?
    Just imagine how unlucky the jets are. QB fumbles into ass of lineman and the ball bounces right into the hands of the defender who runs untouched into the endzone......

  12. #12
    Pats and Steelers ALWAYS get the calls.

    Steelers 0 penalties yesterday

    Cowboys 8

    go figure, who knew the steelers were that perfect?

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Patriots & Tom Brady threw 65 times without a holding penalty?

    They did get called for a hands to the face, but even that was only called because the 49ers players helmet was ripped off his head.

    As long as the NFLs mandate is to protect the franchise "faces" of this league like Brady, the Jets will have no chance playing a scrub QB like Sanchez & the ground & pound philosophy.

    There are numerous QBs playing better in their 1st & 2nd year than Sanchez in his 4th. Depressing.

    Jets have got to take a QB & with the new CBA they need to pick one every year until they find him.
    There was at least 1 holding penalty, but it was declined because the Niners got the sack.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Patriots & Tom Brady threw 65 times without a holding penalty?

    They did get called for a hands to the face, but even that was only called because the 49ers players helmet was ripped off his head.

    As long as the NFLs mandate is to protect the franchise "faces" of this league like Brady, the Jets will have no chance playing a scrub QB like Sanchez & the ground & pound philosophy.

    There are numerous QBs playing better in their 1st & 2nd year than Sanchez in his 4th. Depressing.

    Jets have got to take a QB & with the new CBA they need to pick one every year until they find him.
    Correct... Essentially do what Seattle did and just keep taking them until you find the guy.

  15. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    707
    I recall lots of fans saying the San Fran OL was holding and no calls. I only saw one that was blatent but that was because I was actually looking for holding and not following the runner.

    Choke hold on a Patriot DL as the RB went thru the hole. No Call.

    That wasn't the reason the Pats lost. They only played decent football for the second half.

    Rather have this type game before the playoffs than while in the playoffs. Plenty of time to correct things.

    Gronk was missed for both his blocking and catching.

  16. #16
    "Jordan Rules" are as much a reality in the NFL as they are in any other sport.

    The greatest hitters get a small strike zone. The greatest pitchers a bigger one.

    The greatest basketball players never foul, or travel. And they get fouled even when no one hits them.

    Well, the greatest football teams don't hold. Or commit Pass Interference. Or personal fouls.

    Welcome to professional sports. Want the same treatment.....be great.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    There was at least 1 holding penalty, but it was declined because the Niners got the sack.
    Refs were FORCED to call it because it was so blatent & 49ers got the sack anyway

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    "Jordan Rules" are as much a reality in the NFL as they are in any other sport.

    The greatest hitters get a small strike zone. The greatest pitchers a bigger one.

    The greatest basketball players never foul, or travel. And they get fouled even when no one hits them.

    Well, the greatest football teams don't hold. Or commit Pass Interference. Or personal fouls.

    Welcome to professional sports. Want the same treatment.....be great.
    I hear ya, but it wasn't always like this in the NFL.
    65 passes is insane with 1 holding call that was on a sack.
    It takes away the integrity of the game & Goodell is increasingly making the game hard to watch.
    If not for Fantasy Football I think viewership would be down, most of the FFs could give two chits who wins the game as long as they win that weeks matchup.

  19. #19
    This verifies the "fixed" NFL thread. No way the powers that be were letting the punks get beat that bad. Fox went in at halftime.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I hear ya, but it wasn't always like this in the NFL.
    65 passes is insane with 1 holding call that was on a sack.
    It takes away the integrity of the game & Goodell is increasingly making the game hard to watch.
    If not for Fantasy Football I think viewership would be down, most of the FFs could give two chits who wins the game as long as they win that weeks matchup.
    You can call a holding penalty on almost every single pass play in the NFL.

    Unless it is pretty blatant, refs are going to let it go.

    Nothing worse than watching a flag-filled NFL game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us