Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So pumped for Braylon tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Who the hell is rooting for him to fail?

Some of us are simply older than 12 and aren't expecting Braylon to suddenly light it up after two years of doing dick.

He's at the point where he needs to prove if he's even worth a roster spot.
    Yeah, I mean seriously, am I the only one who thinks it's more likely that Braylon doesn't even have a catch tonight than does something spectacular?

People are acting like we just traded for Calvin Johnson. The scrubs we signed they are ragging on have actually done more since the start of 2011 on an NFL field than Braylon has.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet people on here support punktone Garbage Homes. the overpaid, lockeroom cancer. Who quite on our team, threw Sanchez under the bus, all while being nothing more then a selfish number #2 slot reciever.

Amazing
    Last edited by 2009fatman; 12-17-2012 at 05:55 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yeah, I mean seriously, am I the only one who thinks it's more likely that Braylon doesn't even have a catch tonight than does something spectacular?

People are acting like we just traded for Calvin Johnson. The scrubs we signed they are ragging on have actually done more since the start of 2011 on an NFL field than Braylon has.
    People don't seem to grasp the fact that we aren't getting the same Braylon Edwards from 2009/2010.

If he was still that player, then he would still be in San Francisco. Not bouncing around to 3 different teams in less than two seasons.

Hell, we were the only team in the league that put in a claim for him once Seattle cut ties.

I don't get the obsession with a guy who is close as hell to being out of the league entirely.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a difference between rooting for someone on your team and expecting someone to do good. I hope Braylon goes out and scores 5 tds but i'm not expecting it to happen. In fact i'm not expecting much from him but it doesnt mean i dont hope i'm wrong.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Show me where someone even predicted what his stats would be? Nobody is saying he will have 8 catches for 160 yards and 2 TDS.

It doesn't matter what he has done the last 2 years. The fact is we have garabage at WR right now and it can't hurt to have BE. He can't be any worse then Gates or Gilyard. Plus he has some height and can help in the redzone.

Who the hell cares what he does as long as he can give us help.

Some of you guys are just unreal and make sh*t up to apease your angry selves.

One question for you - Are you at all excited to see #17 tonight?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvarg View Post
    There's a difference between rooting for someone on your team and expecting someone to do good. I hope Braylon goes out and scores 5 tds but i'm not expecting it to happen. In fact i'm not expecting much from him but it doesnt mean i dont hope i'm wrong.
    "The one who expects nothing shall never be dissapointed"

Too bad that rarely works in sports. I'm just looking forward and regarding my sig, I hope for Braylon to do well and of course helping the Jets to victory. Hope was lost a couple of weeks ago.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    One question for you - Are you at all excited to see #17 tonight?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    People don't seem to grasp the fact that we aren't getting the same Braylon Edwards from 2009/2010.

If he was still that player, then he would still be in San Francisco. Not bouncing around to 3 different teams in less than two seasons.

Hell, we were the only team in the league that put in a claim for him once Seattle cut ties.

I don't get the obsession with a guy who is close as hell to being out of the league entirely.
    I understand your point, but with people making threads rooting against the Jets, and the WR corps of garbage, and BE coming back, it's a bright spot. It's something to root for. If BE and Sanchez can have the chemistry they used to have, then that's a positive for the team. I'm honest enough with myself not to expect 120 yards and 2 touchdowns, but I'm optimistic enough to think he might be able to make a play somewhere. I think BE coming back was also a morale boost, especially for Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope his hamstring is ready to go so he can ball out. Very happy to see him back in the green and white!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    After Braylon sent that tweet I thought it was over.

I actually commend the FO for doing the right thing for the team and not react emotionally (as we all expected they should).

With only the slimmest of hopes for the post season remaining I was waiting to pull the plug on this disappointing season…………

THEN……JUST WHEN NO-ONE WAS LOOKING………………………

My boy is back!!!!

I will be watching and cheering for 17 while fully aware that this is not 2010 all over again.

I can actually say that I am looking forward to seeing my team play tonight

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to a celebratory back handspring at the end of tonight's win

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Braylon's upbeat...Jets fans are upbeat...cause BE is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1nN4vA_ZVM

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This season and the playoffs aside, dont forget how big a statement we could witness tonight regarding next year. If Edwards looks even remotely good, well let's say solid, we would have secured a spot for our receiving corps next year which going forward would be one of our biggest offseason priorities.

Holmes, Edwards (both being solid veteran receivers), Hill, Kerley and a mid round draft pick all of a sudden looks like a pretty solid receiving group for a ground and pound team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Yet people on here support punktone Garbage Homes. the overpaid, lockeroom cancer. Who quite on our team, threw Sanchez under the bus, all while being nothing more then a selfish number #2 slot reciever.

Amazing
    Punktone garbage homes........ Lol, I like it

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    looking forward to a celebratory back handspring at the end of tonight's win
    He'd better not....not with that Hammy issue.

Save it for the Playoffs......NEXT SEASON(maybe).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like they're even going to let Sanchez throw the ball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see Braylon have an impact tonight but considering his hammy situation and our lack of interest in throwing the ball, i wouldn't expect much. Best case scenario is that he catches a short red zone pass for a TD.

And save the backflips for when he is healthy. The dougie will have to suffice for tonight...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If he plays, I predict that he will not only have at least one catch, but I predict that he will have at least one TD catch.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    If he plays, I predict that he will not only have at least one catch, but I predict that he will have at least one TD catch.
    Im all paranoid about Braylon. Hoping for the best, but there have been so many injury problems, questions, etc, that im very hesitant to think he is even healthy.

Sure hope so, we will need him for the playoops push.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    20-1 he blows out the hammy tonight.
    In true Jets fashion, he will blow out his hammy while doing the Dougie in the endzone.