Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Inactives-McElroy Included

Jets Inactives-McElroy Included

@ConorTOrr: McElroy, Berry, Thomas, Harrison, Schlauderaff, Keller and Hill are inactive for the #Jets tonight. #nyj

All Pro
    I'm interested to see what Sapp got .. He should see extended time tonight

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: McElroy, Berry, Thomas, Harrison, Schlauderaff, Keller and Hill are inactive for the #Jets tonight. #nyj
    Rex refuses to open his eyes and sealing his fate. I do hope I am wrong and they win the next seven games, it would be the best crow I ever ate.
    This is the thanks the kid gets for winning a game the Sanchez was clearly going to lose?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Rex refuses to open his eyes and sealing his fate. I do hope I am wrong and they win the next seven games, it would be the best crow I ever ate.
    This is the thanks the kid gets for winning a game the Sanchez was clearly going to lose?
    I understand that game time activations are valuable more than ever for a team suffering from a rash of injuries ... but the Jets would likely not be hanging on by their fingernails in the playoff chase if it was not for McElroy winning that game ... he deserves to suit up ...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    I understand that game time activations are valuable more than ever for a team suffering from a rash of injuries ... but the Jets would likely not be hanging on by their fingernails in the playoff chase if it was not for McElroy winning that game ... he deserves to suit up ...
    They clearly need all 6 WRs to be active.

All Pro
    Or maybe the coaches watch him practice every day, for two seasons, and they don't activate him because he has not earned it. And they don't think he is worth activating.

Ever think of that?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Or maybe the coaches watch him practice every day, for two seasons, and they don't activate him because he has not earned it. And they don't think he is worth activating.

Ever think of that?
    Tim Tebow being active completely destroys your theory.

What else ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

What else ya got?
    Apparently you consider Tim Tebow a QB?

Life of a backup. He did his job. Actually he did the same thing Sanchez did last week in the 2nd half. If he keeps working his ass off he'll get a chance whether with the Jets or elsewhere.

Life of a backup. He did his job. Actually he did the same thing Sanchez did last week in the 2nd half. If he keeps working his ass off he'll get a chance whether with the Jets or elsewhere.
    I expect ten times that if you have started for 4 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Apparently you consider Tim Tebow a QB?
    I don't, but he will play the position if Sanchez gets a boo boo tonight. But I guess we don't have to think about that since QBs never get hurt in the NFL...

I expect ten times that if you have started for 4 years.
    Well when your HCs brand of O is run, don't turn it over, don't make mistakes, don't lose the game, stay in the pocket.....more parties are at fault besides just Sanchez, who deserve blame too.

Well when your HCs brand of O is run, don't turn it over, don't make mistakes, don't lose the game, stay in the pocket.....more parties are at fault besides just Sanchez, who deserve blame too.
    But the question really is, If Rex had a QB he could trust would this be his philosophy?

I think the more likely situation is Rex would love to open up the offense but knows when he does Sanchez does more harm than good.

All Pro

What else ya got?
    Tim Tebow won a playoff game as a starting QB last year.

He's a capable backup QB.

And it appears as though the Jets think he is better than McElroy. Probably because he actually IS better, which is not saying much btw.

I just don't understand the infatuation with McElroy.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Tim Tebow won a playoff game as a starting QB last year.

He's a capable backup QB.

And it appears as though the Jets think he is better than McElroy. Probably because he actually IS better, which is not saying much btw.

I just don't understand the infatuation with McElroy.

It is extremely naive to think that the Jets are making personnel decisions entirely on who they think gives them the best chance to win a game. Too many FO jobs are at stake and previous decisions on people and how much money said people make a huge factors.

All Pro
    It is extremely naive to think that the Jets are making personnel decisions entirely on who they think gives them the best chance to win a game. Too many FO jobs are at stake and previous decisions on people and how much money said people make a huge factors.
    You don't make any sense.

If they don't win games, they could lose their jobs because winning games is far more important than the personnel decisions. So they are probably using the best they have every game.

I'm sorry if that means your buddy Greg rides the bench.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You don't make any sense.

If they don't win games, they could lose their jobs because winning games is far more important than the personnel decisions. So they are probably using the best they have every game.

I'm sorry if that means your buddy Greg rides the bench.
    That's not how it works. Too much dead money invested in Mark Sanchez to go another route right now.

All Pro
    That's not how it works. Too much dead money invested in Mark Sanchez to go another route right now.
    Um, yes this is exactly how it works.

The coaches and GM won't be around to worry about the contract if they keep losing.

How are you not understanding this?

If there was a better QB on the team, he would be starting regardless of Sanchez contract. There is not, so he's the starter.

It's really that simple.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Benching Mac looks brilliant now.

-

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Um, yes this is exactly how it works.

The coaches and GM won't be around to worry about the contract if they keep losing.

How are you not understanding this?

If there was a better QB on the team, he would be starting regardless of Sanchez contract. There is not, so he's the starter.

It's really that simple.
    Incorrect. Sanchez is playing because of his contract. No other reason.