Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is the Final Straw

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @RichCimini: Woody Johnson, walking past locker room, to reporters: "I'll talk to you guys after the season." Keeps walking. #Jets
    Face the music you clown. You wanted to sell jerseys and rosary beads at the games, you thought a two QB system would work since in the 80+ years of the NFL, it has never worked but sure we have a complete team and a two headed QB scheme along with a new corp of WRs and new offensive scheme would work to perfection. Choke on your $700 dinner you dick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    If McElroy is not the starter next week I am done with this team for the forseeable future. I have cannot remember seeing a quarterback be this consistently bad. This is the worst offense I have seen in 20 years. That is it, I am out of words.
    I saw your avatar and don't even remember the thread title. Is that what he looks like with his his pads off. Oh wait... not Mark.
    Kidding, your avi is hot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    TEBOW SUCKS .....WILL NOT BE IN THE NFL NEXT YEAR...
    You might be right. But right now, tebow is our #2 qb and getting paid pretty well. And when u bench the starter, the #2 qb is next in line to get a start.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... + 9999999999999999 ...

ljr

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should cut him in the off season. At this point I don't care how much it accounts against the salary cap, cut this POS off our team. Bring somebody else to compete with McElroy. Tebow it's not coming back for another season. Clean sheet, I just can't go through another season with this guy under center.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    But Tebow shouldn't start. Everyone knows that Tebow will not be on this team next season.

So if the Jets are thinking about the future, they should go with McElroy.
    I'm sorry dude, but long term there is no way in hell McElroy has a higher ceiling than Tebow, even with Tebow's throwing issues right now.

Just because Sporano is a dumbass who insists on running the same stupid Wildcat plays that doesn't mean Tebow can't be a better option than McElroy.

Are you seeing what teams are doing with the Spread Option and guys like RG3, Newton, Russel Wilson, Kaepernick?

And before you even mention that they throw more accurate, I'm referring even with just the running game. These teams are using pistol, double option, read option, even triple option plays and so much different variety...and it actually freaking works.

The way Sporano used Tebow even on running plays, was retarded. Tebow is fully capable of running those style plays, and he did them in college. In fact him and Urben Meyer kind of stapled them and these guys are coping a lot of what they did. He protects the ball just as well. Had they played him tonight, Tebow would have won this game and kept the playoffs hopes alive.

Sporano is a terrible offensive coordinator. And I'm certain he knows little about a full fledged spread option, he just knew how to run a few direct snap Wildcat plays that he saw John Fox ran with Deangelo Williams a long time ago. He kept doing that over and over in Miami. But he never extended it beyond that. He had a guy like Tebow and did nothing to show he can run a new age offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I saw your avatar and don't even remember the thread title. Is that what he looks like with his his pads off. Oh wait... not Mark.
    Kidding, your avi is hot.
    LOL, Thanks for the comic relief; I needed that. Watching this team is like chinese water torture.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    I'm sorry dude, but long term there is no way in hell McElroy has a higher ceiling than Tebow, even with Tebow's throwing issues right now.

Just because Sporano is a dumbass who insists on running the same stupid Wildcat plays that doesn't mean Tebow can't be a better option than McElroy.

Are you seeing what teams are doing with the Spread Option and guys like RG3, Newton, Russel Wilson, Kaepernick?

And before you even mention that they throw more accurate, I'm referring even with just the running game. These teams are using pistol, double option, read option, even triple option plays and so much different variety...and it actually freaking works.

The way Sporano used Tebow even on running plays, was retarded. Tebow is fully capable of running those style plays, and he did them in college. In fact him and Urben Meyer kind of stapled them and these guys are coping a lot of what they did. He protects the ball just as well. Had they played him tonight, Tebow would have won this game and kept the playoffs hopes alive.

Sporano is a terrible offensive coordinator. And I'm certain he knows little about a full fledged spread option, he just knew how to run a few direct snap Wildcat plays that he saw John Fox ran with Deangelo Williams a long time ago. He kept doing that over and over in Miami. But he never extended it beyond that. He had a guy like Tebow and did nothing to show he can run a new age offense.
    LOL, and you know all this how??? McElroy is a Quarterback, Tebow is gimmick player that needs a "special" offense designed along with a great defense to do much of anything. I trust John Elways opinion of Tebow above any fans and he couldn't WAIT to get rid of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Unlike Tebow everyone of those guys can throw the ball and Unlike Urban Meyers teams the Jets don't have personal at every position that is better then the rest of the league.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Interesting I would be more pissed if Soprano is calling plays next week.
    This. That f*cking Jack@ss needs to be shown the door YESTERDAY. possibly the WORST OC I have ever witnessed and if REX can't see that as well, maybe it's time for him to go too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    You might be right. But right now, tebow is our #2 qb and getting paid pretty well. And when u bench the starter, the #2 qb is next in line to get a start.
    The season is over. Who cares

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
    LOL, and you know all this how??? McElroy is a Quarterback, Tebow is gimmick player that needs a "special" offense designed along with a great defense to do much of anything. I trust John Elways opinion of Tebow above any fans and he couldn't WAIT to get rid of him.
    Because for one, I saw McElroy play pocket passer and he's shown me nothing impressive. If you want to go with a pure pocket passer you're going to need to better than that.

For another I have seen Tebow effective when used correctly.

As for as John Elway, he doesn't believe in the spread option. Neither does John Fox. He made the right move for what he wants for his franchise with Peyton Manning. And McCoy has about the same amount of experience with it as does Sporano, but at least McCoy implemented some new age college style plays. Even though he didn't know much about it, he learned and gave it a shot. Sporano didn't even do that much. They needed a better offensive coordinator in Denver too, and with Peyton that's exactly what they got.

But Peyton is the last of a dying breed of pure pocket passers, and he is one of the ELITE of the class. Right now at least 5 NFL teams are using dual threat pass/rush QB's with heavy spread option plays and have plenty of success with it.

At least for the foreseeable future, this is the direction the NFL will go in.

Oh and Tebow doesn't need a special offense. He needs the spread option, the same freaking offense these other guys are doing. It's a matter of scheming and play designs. Sure you want to draft for those positions, but you can at least start with the proper scheming. Did you see how much of a gimmick it was against the Patriots on Sunday night?
    Last edited by ytfootballfan; 12-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Broom is being ready the only question is just who will be swept out the door at seasons end.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I know what I see.

That is the Jets have TOTALLY misused Tim Tebow and underutilized him. If the Jets aren't looking to trade him, Tebow will request a trade.

Tebow will NOT be on this team next season.
    Although I don't disagree with you, Tim is not the answer. Ultimately, I agree with Steve Young that Rex does not get the concept of offense and will never allow the team to be QB centric, sadly.

This is in no way a support post for Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

These guys don't have those "throwing issues" you speak of.

In the Jets case you probably can. I think it's clear to everyone that no matter which QB your behind, Rex and his staff don't see Tebow as the true #2. I can easily see Mark being deactivated, Tebow remain #2 just so they can run the wildcat (at least that will be the excuse to not start him), and McElroy being promoted to #1. JMO though.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face

You are exactly right. Tebow would have protected the ball and won this game. You know what else sucks? Tebow's been a team player and put up with all the negative crap the pundits AND the Jets FANS have said about him all season. All season he's watched Buttchez flop around on the field while he rides the pine. And NOW, when everyone is calling for Sanchez to be benched, most of these posters don't think Tebow deserves to start at all, and don't think he'll be on the team next year. Is that because some of you finally agree that Rex & Co. screwed him over? You think he'll ask to be released next year? He's damn sure earned the right to get a chance with THIS team.

Anybody actually still think Sanchez is better than Tebow?

LOL at some of the comments claiming Suckchez wasn't "developed" and "nurtured" by the Jets. For 4 frigging years! How much has Tebow been developed since going pro? How about McElroy? #14 and #15 play better than #6 without being developed. Some guys have it, and some don't. Sanchez don't.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ytfootballfan;4731107]Because for one, I saw McElroy play pocket passer and he's shown me nothing impressive. If you want to go with a pure pocket passer you're going to need to better For another I have seen Tebow effective when used correctly.

Give it a break already, Tim is a great kid but bringing him to the Jets was just plain stupid. He is not and never will be a starting QB by choice in the NFL. The guy can not throw and more importantly he can not read defenses. He will not be on this team next season, this Will be by his choice and as such you and others can follow him to his new team
    While GMac may not have the best physical tools he has something both Tim and Mark lack in abundance..........,,,,,,,,, football brains.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or you make a coaching decision that puts the interest of the franchise 1st. for once and say the fvck to whoever may have their feelings hurt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because for one, I saw McElroy play pocket passer and he's shown me nothing impressive. If you want to go with a pure pocket passer you're going to need to better than that.

For another I have seen Tebow effective when used correctly.

As for as John Elway, he doesn't believe in the spread option. Neither does John Fox. He made the right move for what he wants for his franchise with Peyton Manning. And McCoy has about the same amount of experience with it as does Sporano, but at least McCoy implemented some new age college style plays. Even though he didn't know much about it, he learned and gave it a shot. Sporano didn't even do that much. They needed a better offensive coordinator in Denver too, and with Peyton that's exactly what they got.

But Peyton is the last of a dying breed of pure pocket passers, and he is one of the ELITE of the class. Right now at least 5 NFL teams are using dual threat pass/rush QB's with heavy spread option plays and have plenty of success with it.

At least for the foreseeable future, this is the direction the NFL will go in.

Oh and Tebow doesn't need a special offense. He needs the spread option, the same freaking offense these other guys are doing. It's a matter of scheming and play designs. Sure you want to draft for those positions, but you can at least start with the proper scheming. Did you see how much of a gimmick it was against the Patriots on Sunday night?
    Hahahahaha what?!

1. Matthew Stafford

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Andrew Luck

4. Andy Dalton

5. Jay Cutler

6. Tony Romo

7. Joe Flacco

8. Ben Roethlisberger (Mobile yes but still not a qb like newton or griffin who run the option)

9. Matt Schaub

10. Josh Freeman

11. Phillip Rivers

12. Matt Ryan

13. Drew Brees

14. Eli Manning

also take into consideration that many teams dont have QB's and will be drafting guys like Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray....ALL POCKET PASSERS.

The pocket passer is not dying at all. Not every qb has the athletic ability of Rg3, Newton, Kaepernick, and Wilson. And more often than not those that do can't get it done with their arms (ex: Tebow). The option works when there is the threat of the pass. Without it, NFL defenses will stop it easily.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    Or you make a coaching decision that puts the interest of the franchise 1st. for once and say the fvck to whoever may have their feelings hurt.
    +100000000000000