Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Defense did all it could do this season

  1. #1

    Defense did all it could do this season

    Mark Sanchez cost us this whole season.

    Say what you want about this season, the defense held up to its bargain. Sanchez is complete garbage

  2. #2
    Defense played GREAT, even without the best defensive player in the league (Revis).

  3. #3
    Rex did a good job with the defense this season. We need a new QB

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Mark Sanchez cost us this whole season.

    Say what you want about this season, the defense held up to its bargain. Sanchez is complete garbage
    If our offense was consistent and we actually scored points, with this defense the Jets would be pretty damn good

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan96 View Post
    If our offense was consistent and we actually scored points, with this defense the Jets would be pretty damn good
    This + a million

    If the offence could stay on the field and actually move the ball a little bit, the defensive stats would be damn good IMO.

    There must be a stat somewhere that one of you stat wizards can find that proves this, something along the lines of yards per play or yards per minute on the field.....

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Mark Sanchez cost us this whole season.

    Say what you want about this season, the defense held up to its bargain. Sanchez is complete garbage
    no doubt.

  7. #7
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Mark Sanchez cost us this whole season.

    Say what you want about this season, the defense held up to its bargain. Sanchez is complete garbage
    Ha ha ha, nice try.

    They blew a Mark Sanchez lead with 90 seconds left at New England.

    They didn't show up against Miami, letting their backup QB have a career day.

    They allowed a 94 yard TD and an 85 yard answer-back TD drive against a pathetic scrub team.

    The defense only looks "good" because we just played the 3 of the 4 worst quarterbacks in the NFL, nothing but empty stats.

    The Jets are 1-11 in their last two years against teams that will end the season with a winning record. And in those games the Jets are giving up an average of 31 points.

    We are built to win and dominate on defense. We don't. They are old and slow. They suck.

    SAR I

  8. #8
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Defense played GREAT, even without the best defensive player in the league (Revis).


    Against the scrubs, we have the #1 defense in the NFL.

    Against the elites, they suck.

    SAR I

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Ha ha ha, nice try.

    They blew a Mark Sanchez lead with 90 seconds left at New England.

    They didn't show up against Miami, letting their backup QB have a career day.

    They allowed a 94 yard TD and an 85 yard answer-back TD drive against a pathetic scrub team.

    The defense only looks "good" because we just played the 3 of the 4 worst quarterbacks in the NFL, nothing but empty stats.

    The Jets are 1-11 in their last two years against teams that will end the season with a winning record. And in those games the Jets are giving up an average of 31 points.

    We are built to win and dominate on defense. We don't. They are old and slow. They suck.

    SAR I
    4 picks you fool! God you must be the only Sanchez defender left. Guy is straight garbage and you continue to pine about how other phases are to blame for your poor savior's struggles.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    St. Auggie, FL
    Posts
    1,106
    While I agree the defense isn't what it was due to the age & lack of spped of the LBs, how many points come off of Sanchez related turnovers..... or continuous 3 and outs?

    There comes a breaking point, and the JETS reach it alot.

  11. #11
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    4 picks you fool! God you must be the only Sanchez defender left. Guy is straight garbage and you continue to pine about how other phases are to blame for your poor savior's struggles.
    I am not defending Mark Sanchez 2012. Tonight is no different than Week 1, Week 5, or Week 10. With the losses of Holmes, Keller, and Hill we have worse no-names at skill positions than we did coming out of Cortland when we were already pathetic enough.

    I believe that Mark Sanchez is worth another look in 2013 with some legitimate playmakers and a new coaching staff. Even if there is a 1:3 chance, it's still worth it since he's going to be on the roster anyway.

    We were supposed to win games on DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS and RUSHING and those areas suck worse than Mark Sanchez does. The D allowed a 94 yard TD run in an elimination game. After that humiliation, the D allowed an 85 yard answer-back TD drive to a scrub QB. The ST's are afraid to return a punt in an elimination game. The RB's can't run and can't catch. The offensive coordinator continues to make maddening calls and did the Tebow switcheroo nonsense again after his QB was starting to get in rhythm.

    This team is broken fully, its not just the QB.

    SAR I

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Against the scrubs, we have the #1 defense in the NFL.

    Against the elites, they suck.

    SAR I
    Against the elites Sanchez coughed up the ball in our own territory every other play. Our defense actually played pretty well this season without Revis. Rex's speciality.


    Amazing how you want to destroy our best Head Coach since Bill Parcells.

  13. #13
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

    Amazing how you want to destroy our best Head Coach since Bill Parcells.
    Yeah, he had the team totally prepared to play the Patriots, 49ers, Texans, Steelers, and Seahawks this season. All the playoff teams, loss after loss after loss. Thank God for Andrew Luck, gave him 1 win in the last 12 games against teams that end the year with a winning record.

    SAR I

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah, he had the team totally prepared to play the Patriots, 49ers, Texans, Steelers, and Seahawks this season. All the playoff teams, loss after loss after loss. Thank God for Andrew Luck, gave him 1 win in the last 12 games against teams that end the year with a winning record.

    SAR I
    u are pathetic. just shut up already.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,632
    Big props for the DEFENSE for keeping us alive all season inspite of playing w/ one hand tied behind its back because of buttchez

  16. #16
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    u are pathetic. just shut up already.
    Truth hurt bro?

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    Big props for the DEFENSE for keeping us alive all season inspite of playing w/ one hand tied behind its back because of buttchez
    The defense is our biggest problem. Way to defend it.

    SAR I

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yeah, he had the team totally prepared to play the Patriots, 49ers, Texans, Steelers, and Seahawks this season. All the playoff teams, loss after loss after loss. Thank God for Andrew Luck, gave him 1 win in the last 12 games against teams that end the year with a winning record.

    SAR I
    Your nuts. We have 0 talent and lost our 2 best playmakers. Rex did not do a great job this year but no way on earth should he be fired.


    That and Sanchez made umpteen silly mistakes this year. That falls on him and Sprarano.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The defense is our biggest problem. Way to defend it.

    SAR I
    The DEFENSE is our biggest problem? Gee, maybe if Sanchez wasn't fumbling in our own territory or throwing hideous INTs every other play our defense would have a shot.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The DEFENSE is our biggest problem? Gee, maybe if Sanchez wasn't fumbling in our own territory or throwing hideous INTs every other play our defense would have a shot.
    Don't waste your time.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us