Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defense did all it could do this season

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Your nuts. We have 0 talent and lost our 2 best playmakers. Rex did not do a great job this year but no way on earth should he be fired.

That and Sanchez made umpteen silly mistakes this year. That falls on him and Sprarano.
    "This is the most talented team I've ever been around."

--Rex Ryan, July 2012

"We're aren't having any captains. That was a mistake last year."

--Rex Ryan, July 2012

"We are taking our most important players to a Leadership Retreat."

--Rex Ryan, August 2012

"We are having the whole team take a Sleep class so they're well rested."

--Rex Ryan, August 2012

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "This is the most talented team I've ever been around."

--Rex Ryan, July 2012

"We're aren't having any captains. That was a mistake last year."

--Rex Ryan, July 2012

"We are taking our most important players to a Leadership Retreat."

--Rex Ryan, August 2012

"We are having the whole team take a Sleep class so they're well rested."

--Rex Ryan, August 2012

SAR I
    Yeah we should fire Rex b/c he says dumb sh_t. Thank you for the WFAN/ESPN propaganda soundbyte.

Who's been our most succesful HC since whoever won it with Namath? Oh yeah it's the guy u wanna fire.

Yeah we should fire Rex b/c he says dumb sh_t. Thank you for the WFAN/ESPN propaganda soundbyte.

Who's been our most succesful HC since whoever won it with Namath? Oh yeah it's the guy u wanna fire.
    You mean NFL Hall of Famer Weeb Ewbank? One of the great coaches of the NFL Old Guard? Defend Rex and and his uninspiring team all you want, but please chill with the douche-bag act with the only Jets coach who's name is worth mentioning, a coach who's been to places your beloved fat-fug of a HC will never go. And the sh1tty QB needs to go out the door as soon as that fat-fug goes.

Question

Against the scrubs, we have the #1 defense in the NFL.

Against the elites, they suck.

SAR I
    But dont you make a connection to our having a total crap offense when you point to those bad defensive stats?
    If our O goes "3 & out" ten times a game, you dont DIRECTLY connect that to our D then giving up points in those games ?????
    You dont see a connection there at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    But dont you make a connection to our having a total crap offense when you point to those bad defensive stats?
    If our O goes "3 & out" ten times a game, you dont DIRECTLY connect that to our D then giving up points in those games ?????
    You dont see a connection there at all?
    No connection. Irrelevant. Our defense without Revis should be able to stop everyone after Chaz Schilens, Kerley, McKnight and Suckchise all have hideous fumbles.

SAR wants an entire new coaching staff, a third offensive coordinator in Sanchez' five years, and a slate of new playmakers to make Sanchez salvageable. Do you have any ideas for this new coaching staff? Where are the playmakers coming from given the Jets' cap issues?

"Not my problem, I identify the problems, it's up to Woody to find the solutions."

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    SAR wants an entire new coaching staff, a third offensive coordinator in Sanchez' five years, and a slate of new playmakers to make Sanches salvageable. Do you have an ideas for this new coaching staff? Where are the playmakers coming from given the Jets' cap issues?

"Not my problem, I identify the problems, it's up to Woody to find the solutions."
    Sign Leinart and Jay Gruden. Super Bowl next season GUARANTEED

Or we could just do the rational thing and get a decent veteran QB who doesn't cough up the football every other play and add some playmakers at WR and TE.

I know, not quite as sexy as "fire Rex".

Sign Leinart and Jay Gruden. Super Bowl next season GUARANTEED
    I'm just saying, it's very easy to criticize, but he never offers anything in the way of a solution. And I'm pretty sure his stance on the matter is that it's "not his job." It's just a pointless discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I'm just saying, it's very easy to criticize, but he never offers anything in the way of a solution. And I'm pretty sure his stance on the matter is that it's "not his job." It's just a pointless discussion.
    The solution is to fire Rex and sign Matt Leinart to be QB coach. He can teach Tom Tebow about being heterosexual.

Veteran
    I am not defending Mark Sanchez 2012. Tonight is no different than Week 1, Week 5, or Week 10. With the losses of Holmes, Keller, and Hill we have worse no-names at skill positions than we did coming out of Cortland when we were already pathetic enough.

I believe that Mark Sanchez is worth another look in 2013 with some legitimate playmakers and a new coaching staff. Even if there is a 1:3 chance, it's still worth it since he's going to be on the roster anyway.

We were supposed to win games on DEFENSE and SPECIAL TEAMS and RUSHING and those areas suck worse than Mark Sanchez does. The D allowed a 94 yard TD run in an elimination game. After that humiliation, the D allowed an 85 yard answer-back TD drive to a scrub QB. The ST's are afraid to return a punt in an elimination game. The RB's can't run and can't catch. The offensive coordinator continues to make maddening calls and did the Tebow switcheroo nonsense again after his QB was starting to get in rhythm.

This team is broken fully, its not just the QB.

SAR I

You sound like Rex by blaming the few wrong things the defense did. The defense overall this year was not great, but slightly above average.

The defense did enough to win this game. Sanchez can't even beat a crappy team. He had just 131 yards against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I do agree that we don't have talent on offense, but Sanchez's problem is he has terrible decision making. That's why he is not the future. HE IS DONE.