Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: CUT SANCHEZ & Sparano!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I agree. Hard to be a top 5 defense when your offense has insanely stupid turnovers in your own territory every other play.
    Which should tell you he should be a defensive coordinator not a head coach. The HC is ultimately responsible for the offensive side of the ball too, especially in today's league.

  2. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    Rex wasnt a problem for us in 2009 and 2010.
    I dont think he has gotten STUPIDER since 2010.

    However i DO THINK Sanchez has REGRESSED!
    And I dont think Sparano has any talent as an OC....to continue passing when we were running well was just plain stupid on his part...
    Rex true colors came out after 2010. All those two AFC championships games appearance did is make his ego bigger than what it was. 2009 and 2010 happened because we had a great defense, and sanchez was playing ok (not horrible). Everything was going good so we couldn't see Rex's flaws. so we were loving the guy....

    So after 2010, the team is getting worst and worst and Sanchez regressed. So now we need him to coach and make key decisions like make players accountable and he has FAILED.

    Rex is not a HC. He is a great defense guy but doesn't have a clue on offense. He dresses 6 WR's, while the backup that won us the Arizona game doesn't. Keeping sanchez the starter this long.. just unexcuseable.

  3. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Elizabeth, NJ
    Posts
    1,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    I think if McElroy had played tonite, we easily would have won this game...just my opinion, but i believe it.
    I completely agree. SNY postgame crew said that too. Rex loyalty to Sanchez may have cost them a chance to the playoffs.

  4. #24
    There is something going on that we (the public) isnt hearing about...
    I think Woody/Tannenbaum is forcing Sanchez on Rex.

    something bizarre like that.
    Whats worse is that now Sanchez has ZERO trade value, and when I say "zero", I mean ZERO.
    Had we benched him earlier, we might have gotten something for him in the off-season.
    Now...ZERO !!!

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    There is something going on that we (the public) isnt hearing about...
    I think Woody/Tannenbaum is forcing Sanchez on Rex.

    something bizarre like that.
    Whats worse is that now Sanchez has ZERO trade value, and when I say "zero", I mean ZERO.
    Had we benched him earlier, we might have gotten something for him in the off-season.
    Now...ZERO !!!
    Well Pepzi Zero could be his last Sponsor on his way out of town& maybe the cap mater mister T. to get a new sponsor for Mark for double his next year contract if hell leave and take 4 mill.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    There is something going on that we (the public) isnt hearing about...
    I think Woody/Tannenbaum is forcing Sanchez on Rex.

    something bizarre like that.
    Whats worse is that now Sanchez has ZERO trade value, and when I say "zero", I mean ZERO.
    Had we benched him earlier, we might have gotten something for him in the off-season.
    Now...ZERO !!!
    You would have gotten nada. Zilch. The guy is getting 8 mil next year. Those will most likely be the last dollars he makes in the nfl, no way he take a cut anywhere. in 2014 he will latch on maybe somewhere on a bad team as a 3rd qb while he tries to get his bearings at 550,000 per year.

  7. #27
    For me, next to Kotite, Sparano is the worst hire in Jet team history. I've said this from the day he was mentioned as a possible replacement for Shoddy: Who the f**k thought this guy could be an OC, especially after his disastrous tenure in Miami?

    Sparano has never been an NFL OC. Nor designed offenses. So why in the hell hire him? Now, Rex, your turn to go out the f**king door with your buddy Sparano. You guys can talk about how you, astoundingly, created an offense 100 times more inept than Shoddy's. Something none of us ever thought even remotely possible.

  8. #28
    If the Jets cut Sanchez we'll have 17 million in dead moiney against the cap in 2013.

    Probably the most prohibitive, poison pill anyone has ever seen. What's worse is the Jets did it to themselves.

    Therefore, this circus will have to remain for at least one more season.

  9. #29
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If the Jets cut Sanchez we'll have 17 million in dead moiney against the cap in 2013.

    Probably the most prohibitive, poison pill anyone has ever seen. What's worse is the Jets did it to themselves.

    Therefore, this circus will have to remain for at least one more season.
    I heard on the radio this morning the Cowboys are playing with 30mm in dead money this season... it can be done

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If the Jets cut Sanchez we'll have 17 million in dead moiney against the cap in 2013.

    Probably the most prohibitive, poison pill anyone has ever seen. What's worse is the Jets did it to themselves.

    Therefore, this circus will have to remain for at least one more season.
    The argument now rings hollow and wrong. There are times with any organization when you take a loss. That time is here with the Jets and Sanchez.

    Most likely, we'll eat a portion of his contract (maybe a huge chunk of it), but put it in the book: Mark Sanchez will not be on the Jets' roster for the 2013 season.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning the Cowboys are playing with 30mm in dead money this season... it can be done

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    It will be done. Not a shred of doubt in my mind or in Woody Johnson's, who's finally been embarrassed enough by Sanchez.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Well Pepzi Zero could be his last Sponsor on his way out of town& maybe the cap mater mister T. to get a new sponsor for Mark for double his next year contract if hell leave and take 4 mill.
    its gonna cost us the full $8 million...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For me, next to Kotite, Sparano is the worst hire in Jet team history. I've said this from the day he was mentioned as a possible replacement for Shoddy: Who the f**k thought this guy could be an OC, especially after his disastrous tenure in Miami?

    Sparano has never been an NFL OC. Nor designed offenses. So why in the hell hire him? Now, Rex, your turn to go out the f**king door with your buddy Sparano. You guys can talk about how you, astoundingly, created an offense 100 times more inept than Shoddy's. Something none of us ever thought even remotely possible.
    unfortunately, I agree with everything in this post. Sparano was a disastrous experiment. And its such a shame, cuz we had a fairly easy schedule this year...

  13. #33
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,495
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning the Cowboys are playing with 30mm in dead money this season... it can be done

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    That seriously makes me feel better. Thanks JW.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    If the Jets cut Sanchez we'll have 17 million in dead moiney against the cap in 2013.

    Probably the most prohibitive, poison pill anyone has ever seen. What's worse is the Jets did it to themselves.

    Therefore, this circus will have to remain for at least one more season.
    No, I disagree.
    We cannot live thru 1 more year of this.
    Bite the bullet financially.
    Get rid of both Sanchez & Sparano.
    Now.
    TODAY!

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I heard on the radio this morning the Cowboys are playing with 30mm in dead money this season... it can be done

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    YES!!!!
    This is what I am talking about...

  16. #36

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    The argument now rings hollow and wrong. There are times with any organization when you take a loss. That time is here with the Jets and Sanchez.

    Most likely, we'll eat a portion of his contract (maybe a huge chunk of it), but put it in the book: Mark Sanchez will not be on the Jets' roster for the 2013 season.



    It will be done. Not a shred of doubt in my mind or in Woody Johnson's, who's finally been embarrassed enough by Sanchez.
    Please, someone forward this post to Woody...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us