Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One of the last Sanchez holdouts ready to say uncle

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyB View Post
    you really think he would march him out @ home next week? no way that happens.

The JETS will have the highest paid backup QB in the league next year
    It'll be mutual, Rex won't want him there and Sanchez won't want to be there. We may very well have witnessed Sanchez last game as Jet tonight. Someone will give us a 5th rounder, we'll work a financial deal and he'll be gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned this season as well.. a few weeks earlier, but year.. i was a late holdout.

i thought we had our QB in 2010 and the first half of 2011. I wanted to chalk up the 2nd half of 2011 because of Schotty, because of Holmes/Sanchez, because of 53 year old Plaxico... I really hoped Mark would come out and play well this year. Man, I was wrong.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Top Free Agent QBs 2013.

Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.

Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-up—his current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Top Free Agent QBs 2013.

Joe Flacco (BAL) - Into the final year of his rookie contract, the Ravens still don't know what type of quarterback they have under center. They do know that no quarterback in history has won more games in their first four seasons than Joe Flacco, which is encouraging. At the very least, if the sides are too far apart-which seems unlikely based on talks in early August-the Ravens will use their franchise tag to retain him for another year for about $15 million.

Jason Campbell (CHI) - As a starter for Oakland in 2010, Campbell was becoming a fairly efficient quarterback. Similar to Alex Smith whose career has seen a revival of sorts, Campbell could benefit from strong coaching and continuity. In Chicago, he's as strong a back-up as the league has to offer and at his age, it's unlikely that many teams will offer him more than that.

Tarvaris Jackson (BUF) - After having been beat out by a 10 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) and a 3rd round pick (Russell Wilson), Jackson was traded to the Bills. As a starting quarterback a year ago, Jackson began to show some progress as a quarterback. After chances in Minnesota and Seattle, it's unreasonable to believe he'll ever go into camp as a starter for a playoff contender. With mobility and enough playmaking ability, he is a strong back-up—his current role in Buffalo.

Matt Moore (MIA) - It didn't take long for Ryan Tannehill to beat out Moore as the Dolphins' starter. As a leftover from the previous regime, it seems unlikely that he'll remain in Miami through the next offseason. Matt Moore is a fairly reliable game manager with the capability of making just enough plays to scrape out a win or two here and there. After Jason Campbell, Moore may be a top option for teams looking for #2's on their roster.

Drew Stanton (IND) - In limited playing time, Stanton displayed leadership and enough playmaking skills to warrant serious looks as a back-up. With mobility and the arm talent to make NFL-level throws, he can lead an offense to points. There is definite interest in Stanton around the league after initially signing with the Jets and being traded to the Colts only after their move for Tim Tebow.
    Well I didn't expect quality QB's to be available but that list still makes me cringe. And I don't care that we got rid of Stanton, not b/c I like Tebow, but because Drew's not the answer either.

We have to go QB in the draft and take another shot - it's now our biggest hole on the team and even if value doesn't fit you have to get a young kid in the pipeline because you never really know who is going to develop. Desperation?...Absolutely.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see Rex avoid Sanchez as they crossed by each other. Rex is done too, it's clear.
    Rex has no one else to blame but himself and I don't mean that in a take responsibility kind of way. He really is at fault on this one because he didn't have the courage to make the move to McElroy.

I supported Sanchez all the way to McElroy but once they made the change I was done with Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see Rex avoid Sanchez as they crossed by each other. Rex is done too, it's clear.
    I thought I was the only one who noticed that!