Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets Quarterback Problem

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    McElroy????....Can we please see what this kid has.
    He has to start the final 2 games. Ofcourse Woody's boyfriend Tim Tebow will start instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Because he has a top 5 OL, Frank Gore, Vernon Davis and Crabtree.

Oh and there's the small fact that he wrecked his team first 5 years of his career way Suckchise did for us this season.
    No he did not, both his 2nd year and 4th year were better than marks best years and he had crap to work with. Remember Singletary sending Davis to the locker room. He also had 4 diff OC before Harbough. He was a disapointment to be sure. but nothing like Mark this year. Mark has twice as many int and fumbles than he has TDs. I don't think any qb has ever had such a poor season.

Smith got a lot of crap because he was the #1 pick in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Understood. For once I'd like the Jets to get a big, strong, mobile QB. In all my years rooting for this team we've had one - Vinny Testaverde. Favre sorta worked out for 12 games before getting hurt.

Boomer - was finished by the team he got here and had no chance with Kotite

O'Donnel - scrub

Reich - scrub

Foley - scrub

Vinny - there ya go even for just 1 yr

Chad - ok for what he was but we never had a shot with him

Clemens - scrub

Rat - big, athletic and couldn't read a high school defense

Ainge - gimme a break

Favre - worked for about 12 games pre-injury, we probably go to the Super Bowl in 2009 if we don't cut him

Sanchez - had a nice run with him but the Tebow trade and Tanny forgetting to add talent to the offense wrecked him
    I think you'd like Bray, Nassib, and Wilson.

Bray- less mobile than the other two, but 6-6 with a cannon arm, has some maturity concerns. Needs to be developed by an excellent OC for a year before being thrown in ideally (Norv Turner anyone?)

Nassib- 6-3, most mobile, plays in a worse division, probably needs more work tthan Bray IMHO

Wilson- decision making is meh, powerful arm, accuracy is an issue, medium mobility; shows nice upside, Petrino issue messed him up this season

Bray in the third would be my cup of tea, but I can understand people pulling for the others.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the Jets don't have any. FUKING JOKE OF A TEAM!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post

Bray- less mobile than the other two, but 6-6 with a cannon arm, has some maturity concerns. Needs to be developed by an excellent OC for a year before being thrown in ideally (Norv Turner anyone?)

Nassib- 6-3, most mobile, plays in a worse division, probably needs more work tthan Bray IMHO

Wilson- decision making is meh, powerful arm, accuracy is an issue, medium mobility; shows nice upside, Petrino issue messed him up this season

Bray in the third would be my cup of tea, but I can understand people pulling for the others.
    True and not a bad thought. I'd still rather go with a cheap vet like Garrard or VY. Won't cost us picks and both of them would beat out Suckchise and Teblow in camp easy.

Cousins in DC is an option but he'll cost us picks and we have holes especially on O

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    McElroy????....Can we please see what this kid has.
    I agree. Lets see what he can do. Worse case we see what we have and go from there. Mark cannot and should not be on this roster at any point past the end of this season no matter what.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with you on Bray, or at least I lean that way. Ultimately, he's probably got,the best NFL skill set of this years QB class, but whether he can put it together is a different story. He made great strides with his accuarcy before getting dinged up this year, and played in a Pro Style offense. He would definitely need seasoning for a year at least though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Bongi View Post
    I agree. Lets see what he can do. Worse case we see what we have and go from there. Mark cannot and should not be on this roster at any point past the end of this season no matter what.
    McElroy absolutely should be the starter next 2 weeks.

Tebow sucks. Let's cut him and move on.

Mark is going nowhere. We take a major cap hit if we cut or trade him. He's holding a clipboard next season in between banging celebrities.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    True and not a bad thought. I'd still rather go with a cheap vet like Garrard or VY. Won't cost us picks and both of them would beat out Suckchise and Teblow in camp easy.

Cousins in DC is an option but he'll cost us picks and we have holes especially on O
    I don't mind having a solid vet in here next year, but we need to have a prospect developing in the wings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mind having a solid vet in here next year, but we need to have a prospect developing in the wings.
    McEltits?