Thread: And the Articles Begin: "Rex Ryan mum on Mark Sanchez's QB status for Jets"

And the Articles Begin: "Rex Ryan mum on Mark Sanchez's QB status for Jets"

Rex Ryan mum on Mark Sanchez's QB status for Jets

The bombast was gone weeks ago. Fiery Rex Ryan has turned resigned. The New York Jets coach walked into his postgame press conference looking sad, shaken, and sapped from a miserable season.

"A devastating loss," Ryan said after New York's embarrassing 14-10 loss to the Tennessee Titans. "It hurts beyond belief. The thing that hurts the most (is) no one to blame but ourselves."

Mark Sanchez's complete meltdown Monday night and throughout the second half of this season did the Jets a favor. After four interceptions and a game-losing fumble in Tennessee, there's just no way the Jets could go back to Sanchez next season. It doesn't matter how much guaranteed money Sanchez has coming to him; it's not worth paying him.

"I'm not ready to say who will be our quarterback next week," Ryan said.

It's time; we'd be surprised if Sanchez keeps his job. Sanchez has regressed. He's turned into a classic case of a first-round draft pick that has taken too hard of a mental beating to go on. He's David Carr with the Houston Texans. Sanchez is begging to be benched.

"For that last play to happen, it's about as bad as it gets," Ryan said.

This was the end of the 2012 Jets. Ryan hopes to be back next year, and we suspect he will. But this initial era of Ryan-led prosperity in New York is over. Ryan was asked to describe what it was like to miss the playoffs for a second straight season.

"I could, but its probably not appropriate," he said.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...tatus-for-jets

Jets Insider VIP
    He was "mum" last week.

Mum doesn't mean sh*t.

It'll be news when that fat dickhole says that Sanchez will never see the light of day on this team again.

Rex is in a no win situation. If he benches Mark the retard trust fund owner will insist on Tebow starting. If he insists on starting McElroy Woody might end up firing him.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Rex is in a no win situation. If he benches Mark the retard trust fund owner will insist on Tebow starting. If he insists on starting McElroy Woody might end up firing him.
    He can't start Sanchez next game. It's obvious he is done.

He should start him, because that's the only thing one would hope would make Woody so furious he would fire him on the spot.

Rex already lost this job when in a 14-10 game, with your playoff hopes on the line, you still put the ball in a QB's hands who already turned the ball over 4 times when you get the ball inside the 25 yard line rather than the guy who has proven he can rush and protect the ball, and had 7 4th quarter comebacks in his first year as a starting NFL QB.

This tells me he is not the HC of the future either and he's just a terrible game manager. He can't make the tough decisions when it matters.

Woody reportedly wanted McElroy to start in Jax...just saying.

Sanchez is done. That comment said it.

And we'll be playing at home, please. Sanchez wouldn't last a series without hearing it from the crowd like crazy.

It just sucks that he probably wont start McElroy.

Sanchez got an entire season to throw away. I think Tebow deserves at least a game or two before supplanting him for McElroy.

Then again if Sparano is designing and calling the plays, might as well start McElroy because from what he showed me, he has no clue what to do with Tebow and how to actually run a full fledged spread option.

All Pro
    good that fat idiot deserves it sticking with a moron for so long i hope they are all gone every single ****ing coach/gm/Franchise QB/Crybaby Revis/ Mefirst holmes/ wannabe a real TE keller/bart i can't shut the ****-up scott/ and finally any player that does a dance when they make one freaking first down when we are losing 35-0

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    Woody reportedly wanted McElroy to start in Jax...just saying.
    Reportedly Tim Tebow likes women. Just goes to show media knows nothing.

Reportedly Tim Tebow likes women. Just goes to show media knows nothing.
    I lol'd. Was just throwing it in there is all. I just don't see Tebow going out there next week. This team is embarrassed and if Tebow gets trotted out over McElroy the fans at Metlife might honestly riot. I know I'd consider it.

Starting Tebow with two weeks left could not only prove to be an utter failure, but the real fans of this team will see the change for what it is and that's nothing more than a ticket booster and at this point making that switch may HURT attendance rates more than help them.

From a football standpoint the last thing that should be done is implement the read option in such a short time-frame in order to allow Tebow to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    I lol'd. Was just throwing it in there is all. I just don't see Tebow going out there next week. This team is embarrassed and if Tebow gets trotted out over McElroy the fans at Metlife might honestly riot. I know I'd consider it.

Starting Tebow with two weeks left could not only prove to be an utter failure, but the real fans of this team will see the change for what it is and that's nothing more than a ticket booster and at this point making that switch may HURT attendance rates more than help them.

From a football standpoint the last thing that should be done is implement the read option in such a short time-frame in order to allow Tebow to be effective.
    Woody Johnson and Roger Goodell both want Tim Tebow as the NY Jets starting QB. It's gonna happen. Don't even bother thinking McElroy will ever start.

Who cares about Failure? Tim Tebow as a starting qb in New York = Big Bucks. Plus Woody wants to have Tebow's baby.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    You should have stuck with McElroy 3 weeks ago Rex and never looked back.

If anybody but Suckchez played QB for us, we would have beat the Titans going away tonight....

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ytfootballfan View Post
    Sanchez got an entire season to throw away. I think Tebow deserves at least a game or two before supplanting him for McElroy.

Then again if Sparano is designing and calling the plays, might as well start McElroy because from what he showed me, he has no clue what to do with Tebow and how to actually run a full fledged spread option.
    Tebow wont be here next year; I don't want to see him. McElroy only.