Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Braylon's been here for less than a week and he's already saying stuff to the media..

Braylon's been here for less than a week and he's already saying stuff to the media..

that is best kept in house.

Seriously, you don't talk publicly about the other players on your team, even if you do try to throw in some positive statements:

Braylon: Sanchez remains the same

By MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 3:44 AM, December 18, 2012

Posted: 2:49 AM, December 18, 2012

NASHVILLE — Despite the fact that he has been with the Jets for only a week this season, few players on the team know Mark Sanchez as well as Braylon Edwards does.

And it took only one game back — last night’s for 14-10 loss to the Titans at LP Field — for the Jets receiver, who played with Sanchez in 2009 and 2010 with success, to see where he is struggling after throwing a season-high four interceptions.

“I still see the same old Mark; he still makes a mistake or two here and there, but nobody’s perfect,’’ Edwards said after the game, his first with the Jets since being claimed off waivers last week. “I thinks he just has to trust himself more. That’s probably the best way to put it without getting controversial. This is the new Braylon. I’m trying to stay away from those statements.’’

Edwards, who caught 103 passes and had 13 touchdowns in the regular season and playoffs with the Jets but has only 23 catches in 19 games in the last two seasons, caught three passes for 47 yards last night.

“I feel like there are times when Mark can make throws and he may second-guess himself for a split second and that split second turns into an overthrow or a short throw or an interception. If he’s not hesitating, he’s getting that ball out a little quicker to the receiver.

“He has to trust who he is, which is a good quarterback. He knows the offense, he knows the system, he just has to trust himself more. I’ve heard everything under the sun [said about Sanchez]. I still see talent there. He just needs to trust himself more.’’

Edwards also said the Jets’ offense lacked “urgency.’’

“As an offense, we need to play with more sense of urgency,’’ he said. “I’ve only been here less than a week so I don’t want to try to pick fights or anything. It’s not my goal to make controversial statements. I just think we need a sense of urgency. There were definitely a lot of chances out there to capitalize. Our defense held well for us and put us in position to make plays. And, when given that position we didn’t make those plays.’’

As for his return to the team, Edwards said, “I felt good. I felt like the couple catches I did have Mark was comfortable with the throws. It was about what I was expecting.’’

He said his injured hamstring held up well and that the coaches “protected’’ it by not having him run stop-and-start routes.

“Two weeks ago, I never thought I would be at 75 percent let alone play at 82 or 83 [percent],’’ he said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/...#ixzz2FOWNN0lv

This kind of stuff is something that Braylon should be saying to Mark PRIVATELY, not to reporters.

I really don't mind the comments as long as he shows up, works hard and backs his talk.

All Pro
    I see nothing wrong with what was said..

That being said pump fake king is done

Wow!

Talk about whining about nothing......

Chill out, Demos!

Just 'cause you're all butt-hurt that your favorite player was underwhelming, doesn't mean you should take it out on Braylon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    that is best kept in house.

Seriously, you don't talk publicly about the other players on your team, even if you do try to throw in some positive statements:

This kind of stuff is something that Braylon should be saying to Mark PRIVATELY, not to reporters.

I saw the saw interview on the post game.
    I thought Braylon was well-spoken & insightful.

Totally do not see this as a slight to Mark or to the offense whatsoever.

I dont see the problem ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Frankly this team deserves all the criticism it gets, from all sources and from all angles. Braylon talking to the mediais nothing compared to how all Jets fans have been getting fist f ucked on national TV this year.

Braylon is the least of our problems. He showed up last night and played well despite being injured and having about a week or less to learn the plays.

As an experienced WR who had not been with the team until this week he probably can see this team's problems more clearly than guys who have ;earned to put up with this crap all season.

All Pro
    I find WHAT Bray said very telling ... Mark is basically scared to throw the ball in case he makes a mistake, waiting too long for the easy throw / perfect opening to develop.

This is professional football, you don't get "perfect". You have to MAKE it happen.

This is why we are where we are now - we're so scared of screwing up that all we can do is screw up, because it's so foremost in the coach's mind and the player's mind. If / when Sanchez goes, the QB coach HAS to go too. This is a team effort. Fresh start needed on both fronts.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with what was said..

That being said pump fake king is done
    This. He's absolutely right. Mark has no confidence and is thinking way too long in the pocket, which costs seconds and raises the risk of turnovers.

When will the players, the team, the organization just STFU. Give nothing, offer nothing, answer nothing. Such a philosophy may not excite/inflame the fan base....but it eliminates distractions and the team can get down to the business of football...not the business of putting out fires, or defending team mates, or any other residual affects that opinions create. Only one opinion matters....the coaches.
    The entire Jets culture needs to be cleansed. Amateur hour every second of the day

All League
    Braylon is right on, and thats why Mark can have a good practice but look like **** on game day..There is no hesitation at practice, you just make the throw..

Yeah, but let's keep lauding minimally talented, washed up hacks like Edwards. Guy looked like he was over weight and running in quicksand last night. Cut.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Yeah, but let's keep lauding minimally talented, washed up hacks like Edwards. Guy looked like he was over weight and running in quicksand last night. Cut.
    He was the only guy in green that looked like a NFL player..

Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    He was the only guy in green that looked like a NFL player..
    For me, bringing in Bray is a classic Jet move. Sign a player whose skills are clearly diminished based on desperation.

All League
    For me, bringing in Bray is a classic Jet move. Sign a player whose skills are clearly diminished based on desperation.
    Agreed...I still think Bray has some game in him and would like to see him in green at least for next yr..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    When will the players, the team, the organization just STFU. Give nothing, offer nothing, answer nothing. Such a philosophy may not excite/inflame the fan base....but it eliminates distractions and the team can get down to the business of football...not the business of putting out fires, or defending team mates, or any other residual affects that opinions create. Only one opinion matters....the coaches.
    The entire Jets culture needs to be cleansed. Amateur hour every second of the day
    I for one don't like listening to automatons. I thought Edwards was fine both on and off the field.
    Last edited by LIJetsFan; 12-18-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Perfectly said by Braylon. He is already the team leader offense. That is how pathetic our offense has been the last two years.

Practice Squad
    He has more talent in his gimpy hamstring than Gates and Gilyard combined...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I saw the saw interview on the post game.
    I thought Braylon was well-spoken & insightful.

Totally do not see this as a slight to Mark or to the offense whatsoever.
    +1