Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez is a broken toy...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    say what you will but he was never this bad. the fact is that there is something seriously wrong with the kid. either he has david carr syndrome from getting blindsided so much, or the preassure of NYC has just crushed him mentaly.

watching the game yesterday, i felt like he couldnt make the simplest of throws even if we had good receivers...its really kind of sad.
    He was NEVER good and that is what YOU are missing. Recently, the team didn't have as much on offense, so the poor play of Sanchez really came front and center.

But the point is, he was NEVER good.

It's not a matter of regressing, he was ALWAYS this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Sanchez simply doesn't have the stomach to handle any sort of pressure.

I love how some are blaming the Tebow acquisition for Sanchez's struggles. That bringing Tebow in shattered his confidence. Pure bullsh!t. I've been saying it for a while, and Steve Young said it in the pre-game: when they brought Tebow in, it should have lit a fire in Sanchez's belly. "Over my dead body are you taking my job," as Young said last night. Any fierce competitor would have responded that way.

Sanchez on the other hand, laid down.

He should have been benched in October, but Rex's hands were tied. It's obvious that he wanted no part of Tebow. Tebow was forced on him. It's no coincidence that the one time he benched Sanchez was the game where Tebow was inactive. That spoke volumes.

If Woody spoke the truth, and had no part in the Tebow trade (I don't really believe it, but if it is true), then Tannenbaum should be fired. And Sanchez should be dumped with him, cap hit be damned.
    Exactly how I felt at the time, too. I said that Sanchez should have gone in and demanded a trade or refused to play. In the press, Sanchez should have told Woody, Tanny, and Rex to go f**k themselves for the move.

Had Sanchez done this, he would have had my respect and support. Instead, he looked like a chump who would swallow as big a load as team management would shoot. All the while gleefully counting the money from his insanely stupid contract extension.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    It's not rocket science.

this what happens when you spend ONE year as the USC golden child, followed by 2 years of playing on a very good Jets team that could protect.

Sanchez is having to learn NOW how to handle playing QB under over-whelming rush pressure.

Didn't realize there was a phrase for this, but Sanchez has the yips. I've been a supporter and I agree - no support, no weapons, etc. but at this point, he's too far gone. Yips.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yips

All Pro
    Sanchez is the gift that keeps on giving... to the other team.

I'll be curious if they now bench him and let McElroy start. Nothing to lose, except several million.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Exactly how I felt at the time, too. I said that Sanchez should have gone in and demanded a trade or refused to play. In the press, Sanchez should have told Woody, Tanny, and Rex to go f**k themselves for the move.

Had Sanchez done this, he would have had my respect and support. Instead, he looked like a chump who would swallow as big a load as team management would shoot. All the while gleefully counting the money from his insanely stupid contract extension.
    I disagree. That would have reflected poorly on him. He should have responded the way Drew Brees did after San Diego drafted Phillip Rivers: by playing his ass off. Brees made it impossible for the Chargers to replace him (until he got hurt, of course).

If Sanchez had that kind of fight in him, this season would have gone differently.

LT was 100% correct...Sanchez has been completely coddled. He came in here as a rookie on a team with the #1 defense and rushing attack and he found success not totally sucking. Instead of going out and trying to improve, he rested on his success' and now when the players around him aren't as good, he's crumbled. The coddling is most apparent the last few weeks...yes, Rex finally made the move and benched Sanchez and McElroy lead them to a victory; however in the two subsequent weeks, you name Sanchez the starter and don't activate McElroy at all? Sanchez learned absolutely nothing from the benching, if McElroy was geared up there was a threat to be taken out at any f*ck up, but he wasn't. Sanchez sucks plain and simple, he is absolutely not a starting QB in the NFL, and I am even starting to doubt he can be a viable backup.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    All of the "experts" on this board that believe that Mark Sanchez sucks (which he has this year esp) fail to realize that a large part of the blame belongs to this entire organization. They have ruined him. He can no longer be the QB of this team. Rex Ryan breeds an attitude that basically diminishes the importance of the offense. Basically dont screw up on O and we can win, which is never going to work in todays NFL. In year 4 instead of bringing in an offensive coordinator with a offensive philosophy to match todays nfl, he wanted to go back to ground and pound. He will not adjust and needs to understand that offense is just as important as his beloved D.

The organization needs to clean house and bring in a regime that treats both sides of the ball equally. Sadly another "rebuild" for us long suffering Jet fans.
    He went to ground and pound because he knew that Sanchez could not lead
    a modern passing attack. He also had a oline that was better in run blocking than pass blocking.

Nobody "ruined" Mark. He never developed further and is still wildly inconsistent in his throws and in his failure to utilize good judgement. The jets did not surround him with the superior talent that he needs to function somewhat capably. But needing to be surrounded by superior talent is not a fault of the jets but a portent of his own ability. While some of the lack of development can be laid at the jets feet, his regression to the level he has shown this year can not be.

The jets tied themselves to the wrong guy and now a new guy needs to be found.

Honestly I think that Tebow was the best thing that could have happened to Sanchez.

All summer long it kept the media at his locker. Sanchez would have had the media gauntlet every day had he not been here. He had the Yankees making a run, RA Dickey making a Cy Run and the Giants in town, all deflecting attention so he could focus on his craft. The team made it clear he was the number 1, and he clearly was. The only things that were deflected were his passes.

He never performed in a make or break season.

If you want accountability from your team, you have to hold him accountable now. He needs to ride the pine for the next two..

Tanny needs to go.

New GM makes the call on his Rex, Mark and the whole lot. I never did get not giving McElroy or even Tebow a shot.

I wouldn't blame the org if they kept Sanchez around next year with his cap number hoping the light will go off. That being said, the #1 slot has got to be a real open competition.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    a modern passing attack. He also had a oline that was better in run blocking than pass blocking.

Nobody "ruined" Mark. He never developed further and is still wildly inconsistent in his throws and in his failure to utilize good judgement. The jets did not surround him with the superior talent that he needs to function somewhat capably. But needing to be surrounded by superior talent is not a fault of the jets but a portent of his own ability. While some of the lack of development can be laid at the jets feet, his regression to the level he has shown this year can not be.

This.

He's either sacked (Pass protection fault), or when he get's time, he makes stupid decisions.

All League
    I agree that the team contributed to his regression. OC and QB coach must go. Sanchez should never start again for this organizatrion again. Trade for Cousins or give the job to McElroy for a year. Back to the drawing board. It sucks because our defense can be special next year. Young players really coming on

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No more excuses for the sap. Sanchez should never have been signed. He never had enough experience and the NFL caught onto this fact. Now, defenses salivate at the prospect of Sanchez on the field. Goodbye.
    This.

We did a good job hiding him the first couple of years. Even though he still managed to ruin some games for us.

Once there was enough tape on him teams really started going to town on his shortcomings.

He was never going to be a franchise QB with his mental makeup. On his best day he is a game manager. On his worst, he is non-competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I am sorry but he was bad and they just protected him before now by asking him to do almost nothing as a QB. "Hand the ball off son and don't screw it up". This is not a case of bad chefs screwing up good ingredients, it is a case where we assumed that the ingredients were good and now we have found out otherwise.
    +1

if he didn't go to usc after leinart, nobody would have ever expected anything from him, he wouldn't have been drafted nearly as high as he was, and his career arc would have been that of a backup qb with potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    say what you will but he was never this bad. the fact is that there is something seriously wrong with the kid. either he has david carr syndrome from getting blindsided so much, or the preassure of NYC has just crushed him mentaly.

watching the game yesterday, i felt like he couldnt make the simplest of throws even if we had good receivers...its really kind of sad.
    The best thing they can do for him is have him work with a sport psychologist. Its all a mental breakdown.

First two series he looked pretty good. Two decent drives. Then they bring Tebow in. Next series INT, followed by 4 more INTs and a fumble. Sanchez was awful, but the Jets have done a terrible job getting the most out of him.

At this point he is totally shot and will not be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Then why the extension?

That's the worst part of this. We extended this talentless player for NO via me reason

Btw how does cavanaugh still have a job? U draft a guy that has 1 year of college football and let this douche run him into the ground? Smfh

I can only speak for myself but I am not in any way defending Mark Sanchez, he needs to go, but to think that this organization, mainly the HC and offensive coordinator have not contributed to the demise of Sanchez is naive.

I am officially worried that Rex will never be a great HC in this league because he continues to treat the offense as a "secondary" part of this team. Not 1 offensive player has gotten better since he took over because it is never been as important as the defense and they have poor offensive coaching PERIOD.

So while Sanchez needs to go, I believe so does Rex. We need a completely new regime.
    Unless Peyton Manning is going to be our QB, Rex will always have little faith or importance in the offense. This will not win in todays NFL.

David Carr syndrome from being blindsided too much? Other than the inexplicable Wayne Hunter year and a bit he has had an excellent oline and a top 5 oline and running game his 1st two years. He's also had a top 5-10 defence each year he has been here.

He probably has had it easier than almost any other QB coming into the league over the last number of years except for possibly Roethlisburger. Most new young QB's come to teams with awful defences, no weapons at all leaky olines.

The guy was just never very good other than a couple of nice games. Look at his rookie year and he sucked until we backed into the playoffs.