Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez is a broken toy...

Mark Sanchez is a broken toy...

say what you will but he was never this bad. the fact is that there is something seriously wrong with the kid. either he has david carr syndrome from getting blindsided so much, or the preassure of NYC has just crushed him mentaly.

watching the game yesterday, i felt like he couldnt make the simplest of throws even if we had good receivers...its really kind of sad.

Practice Squad
    The Jets ruined this kid! I was the biggest supporter, but he is lost. He needs a fresh start. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't have the confidence in the front office putting tools around the next QB either. Every other team builds around their QB except us. Your right he is shot!

Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    The Jets ruined this kid! I was the biggest supporter, but he is lost. He needs a fresh start. I don't know what the answer is, but I don't have the confidence in the front office putting tools around the next QB either. Every other team builds around their QB except us. Your right he is shot!
    It blows, he had potential...the FO gets at least part of the blame and you are right...they might **** up the next guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by white lightning View Post
    Has all the physical tools, but mentally he can't handle the adversity. It's just painful to watch. Hopefully they can get something for him.
    Last edited by Long Suffering Jets Fan; 12-18-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Added some additional comments.

All Pro
    I agree with everything said in this thread so far..

All Pro
    I don't think it's the hits he's taken ... it's the mental pressure to "not screw up". Read the comments from Braylon about him "holding the ball just too long". He's afraid to screw up, and is so focussed on not screwing up he can't focus on playing football any more.

Agree that the coaches shoulder blame on this too. They have contributed to his regression, and need to go, along with Mark.

Doesn't have the physical tools - never was an accurate qb, doesn't read defenses, poor mechanics, arm is just ok - can't consistently drive the ball downfield and has proven mentally weak.

After 4 years, he's still a sloppy, undisciplined football player...

Guys like him with so few college starts are risky picks and hard to develop.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    say what you will but he was never this bad. the fact is that there is something seriously wrong with the kid. either he has david carr syndrome from getting blindsided so much, or the preassure of NYC has just crushed him mentaly.

watching the game yesterday, i felt like he couldnt make the simplest of throws even if we had good receivers...its really kind of sad.
    I am sorry but he was bad and they just protected him before now by asking him to do almost nothing as a QB. "Hand the ball off son and don't screw it up". This is not a case of bad chefs screwing up good ingredients, it is a case where we assumed that the ingredients were good and now we have found out otherwise.

All of the "experts" on this board that believe that Mark Sanchez sucks (which he has this year esp) fail to realize that a large part of the blame belongs to this entire organization. They have ruined him. He can no longer be the QB of this team. Rex Ryan breeds an attitude that basically diminishes the importance of the offense. Basically dont screw up on O and we can win, which is never going to work in todays NFL. In year 4 instead of bringing in an offensive coordinator with a offensive philosophy to match todays nfl, he wanted to go back to ground and pound. He will not adjust and needs to understand that offense is just as important as his beloved D.

The organization needs to clean house and bring in a regime that treats both sides of the ball equally. Sadly another "rebuild" for us long suffering Jet fans.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    All of the "experts" on this board that believe that Mark Sanchez sucks (which he has this year esp) fail to realize that a large part of the blame belongs to this entire organization. They have ruined him. He can no longer be the QB of this team. Rex Ryan breeds an attitude that basically diminishes the importance of the offense. Basically dont screw up on O and we can win, which is never going to work in todays NFL. In year 4 instead of bringing in an offensive coordinator with a offensive philosophy to match todays nfl, he wanted to go back to ground and pound. He will not adjust and needs to understand that offense is just as important as his beloved D.

The organization needs to clean house and bring in a regime that treats both sides of the ball equally. Sadly another "rebuild" for us long suffering Jet fans.
    You have exactly ZERO evidence to be able to prove that he is/was good and then he got ruined. ZERO. It is far more likely that he always sucked and that now, four years into his career when we are asking him to be a QB for the first time, that we really find out what we have.

No more excuses for the sap. Sanchez should never have been signed. He never had enough experience and the NFL caught onto this fact. Now, defenses salivate at the prospect of Sanchez on the field. Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    You have exactly ZERO evidence to be able to prove that he is/was good and then he got ruined. ZERO. It is far more likely that he always sucked and that now, four years into his career when we are asking him to be a QB for the first time, that we really find out what we have.
    And nowhere did I say he was good, could be good or great, all I know is that the coaching philosophy here instilled no confidence in him or the offense as they were constantly preached to not screw it up. QB's who have played in this league have made similar comments. Rex needs to go and so does Sanchez.

Veteran
    and here is Mark's answer to his performance yesterday

“I made a couple of mistakes that I shouldn’t have made again,” Sanchez said. “It doesn’t feel good, and I’ve got to learn from them and play better for us to win.”

I am so sick of this answer every week for the last 4 years!!!

Mentally, Sanchez is so out of it right now. Plenty of blame falls on Cavanaugh/Sparano for not getting him developed, but there comes a time that the player needs to "get it." I mean, Sanchez's regression in every aspect of the quarterback position is not all coaching fault. The good ones can figure it out, maybe learn some things on their own from watching the great QBs in the league and learning how to improvise. Sanchez just doesn't have it. Sit him the last 2 games -- don't even dress him, in fact. Promise nothing for next season (he counts $17 mill toward the 2013 cap, he'll be here) and make him win it. If he can't, he becomes Matt Flynn East -- big contract, but on the bench. Then move on in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    And nowhere did I say he was good, could be good or great, all I know is that the coaching philosophy here instilled no confidence in him or the offense as they were constantly preached to not screw it up. QB's who have played in this league have made similar comments. Rex needs to go and so does Sanchez.
    I was responding to your assertion the the organization has "ruined him". That implies that he was not broken to begin with. On the contrary I think this organization found out very early on what a mistake they had made and tried to hide his weaknesses as best they could behind ground and pound game plans 100% designed to limit his exposure. Maybe they were desperately hoping that somewhere along the way he would improve. Maybe they hid him because admitting what a mistake he was would likely cost the GM his job. It does not really matter why they hid him but that was certainly the strategy.

He was damaged goods from the start. Not something good that was "ruined" by this organization.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No more excuses for the sap. Sanchez should never have been signed. He never had enough experience and the NFL caught onto this fact. Now, defenses salivate at the prospect of Sanchez on the field. Goodbye.
    Not with this organization. I bet the rat in Washington could've done something with this kid.

I was responding to your assertion the the organization has "ruined him". That implies that he was not broken to begin with. On the contrary I think this organization found out very early on what a mistake they had made and tried to hide his weaknesses as best they could behind ground and pound game plans 100% designed to limit his exposure. Maybe they were desperately hoping that somewhere along the way he would improve. Maybe they hid him because admitting what a mistake he was would likely cost the GM his job. It does not really matter why they hid him but that was certainly the strategy.

He was damaged goods from the start. Not something good that was "ruined" by this organization.
    You are 100% right. Please tell SAR.

This is very easy to say now and its easy to forget some of his better games. To sit there and say he was never good is misguided. He has shown flashes throughout his career, so your assertion that he was never good IMO is wrong. I do know he will never be a good QB here and must go, and I believe Rex needs to place just as much emphasis or importance on offense and the QB or the next QB will do no better.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sanchez simply doesn't have the stomach to handle any sort of pressure.

I love how some are blaming the Tebow acquisition for Sanchez's struggles. That bringing Tebow in shattered his confidence. Pure bullsh!t. I've been saying it for a while, and Steve Young said it in the pre-game: when they brought Tebow in, it should have lit a fire in Sanchez's belly. "Over my dead body are you taking my job," as Young said last night. Any fierce competitor would have responded that way.

Sanchez on the other hand, laid down.

He should have been benched in October, but Rex's hands were tied. It's obvious that he wanted no part of Tebow. Tebow was forced on him. It's no coincidence that the one time he benched Sanchez was the game where Tebow was inactive. That spoke volumes.

If Woody spoke the truth, and had no part in the Tebow trade (I don't really believe it, but if it is true), then Tannenbaum should be fired. And Sanchez should be dumped with him, cap hit be damned.

for the love of god just stop with excuses for sanchez

he is wildly inaccurate
    he makes poor choices
    his arm is avg
    he is a turn over machine
    when the jets need the most out of him he gives them the least
    he is an awful leader
    has no confidence-qb gets his feelings hurt like he is a 15 year old girl
    the jets may not have given him the ultimate weapons but he still sucks something awful

he is not a staring qb in this league