Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IF REX STAYS we need an aggressive offensive mind. Thoughts?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Todd Haley may eventually become available! I heard in the car on the way home that Ben the Rapist was tearing him a new one. The guy on the radio said that Ben didn't just throw him under the bus, he jumped behind the wheel and drove over him back and forth, repeatedly. We'll see how this plays out. That slug definitely wants him gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex doesn't know anything about offense so if we bring in a solid offensive coordinator to completely run all aspects of our offense, Rex will effectively be only half a head coach, so what is the point of keeping Rex?

I say get rid of him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring in Mike Martz and get a big, strong armed QB and some WR's who can actually catch and get open. I'm sick n' tired of small-ball ground n' pound let's hope we go 9-7 with a boring offense and top 10 D. Stupid philosophy "Trent Dilfer won a SB" huhghuhuh.

5-Wide All Day B*tches

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Schotty!
    Hire Schotty!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM17 View Post
    Todd Haley may eventually become available! I heard in the car on the way home that Ben the Rapist was tearing him a new one. The guy on the radio said that Ben didn't just throw him under the bus, he jumped behind the wheel and drove over him back and forth, repeatedly. We'll see how this plays out. That slug definitely wants him gone.
    For good reason. Todd Haley is so inept he makes Schotty look like a genius. Can't blame Rapistburger for wanting him gone.

Haley, McDaniels, Mangina - there's something mentally wrong with these guys. Narcissistic, inept, stubborn douchebags who think they're God. It's like Belichick is running a Funny Farm up there in New England.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM17 View Post
    I would sign up for Haley or Mike Martz

John Gruden could bring Favre out of retirement...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He would need to be big and strong because Mad Mike Martz routinely gets Quarterbacks maimed due to his five wide no pass protection system

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I just hope Woody's need for the back page, makes him go after Cowher. Give him full control, and he could have this team turned around in 2.
    I want Cowher also. But if Rex is staying Sporano needs to go and I would be ok with Norv. Matt C needs to be fired ASAP!!!
    Last edited by ken shroy; 12-18-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We gotta get Cowher, Martz. Mariuchi, Don Shula and Vince Lombardi...

ALL of dem guys!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex was the one that wanted Sparano. if Rex stays, so does Tony.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But if by chance we do decide to change OCs, I'd like for it to be this guy...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex stays, the Jets will suck.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Do we even know what Sparano can do with a real QB?

Also: fire Cavanaugh
    Sparano sxcked in Miami as well ,good coaches make the players they coach advance .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex goes Jets defense will take a big hit.. Defense is the only reason why we won more than 4 games each of last 4 years.. If rex would take the DC spot Id be onboard for new hc.. but I dont understand why Jets cant have a decent OC, I dont know who is worse shotty or shades..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drsamuel84 View Post
    Chip Kelly!
    He should coach the entire team, but as OC, HELL YEAH!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Norv is pretty much at the end of his rope, he's running out of options.

Since I don't know either one of these guys, the only answer I can give you is, why not?
    I think Patman was referring to Rex's public comments a couple of years ago, that if he were coaching the Chargers they would have already been to a couple of SBs. That comment was a double edged sword in that Rex was telling his own team that he didn't think they were as talented as the Chargers and he was also publicly taking a very disrespectful shot at another NFL HC.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex was the one that wanted Sparano. if Rex stays, so does Tony.
    This is true. When you need to bring in a third offensive coordinator in 3 years, its the head coach that is the problem. Rex doesnt get to keep throwing OCs under the bus. Its his turn under the bus.

If Rex stays, the Jets will suck.
    Oh its true. Its damn true.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Norv is pretty much at the end of his rope, he's running out of options.

Since I don't know either one of these guys, the only answer I can give you is, why not?
    Norv grows on owners so don't bring him here unless you want him as the HC. Unlike Fossell who rubs others the wrong way Norv hypnotizes others into believing he would be an excellent HC.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    But if by chance we do decide to change OCs, I'd like for it to be this guy...

This is the guy i wanted last year. Not sure why he.wasnt considered. Guy would.have been perfect fit.with rex style of football. With that said I though Sporano was a good second option but his play calling just is inconsistant.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    the jets have proven they can win with ground and pound. and that formula will work for any team. their problem is that their qb is chuck and duck and doesn't know how and when to throw when he has to. bring in an accurate qb with a healthy receiving corps and they will win. the qb needs enough arm to be able to step it up. and at this point you can't say it's all sparano. the qb has really sucked all season. schitty needed to go last season but that was mainly because of his body of work pre sanchez. now it's plenty of clear that you can't put lipstick on a pig and sanchez has to take a back seat.
    I respectfully disagree... we are rowing the boat upstream...

The league over the last 5-10 years has made it easier and easier to pass the ball in the NFL and we do not take advantage of this.

Why do you think every passing record in the league is being broken year over year... why do you think there are so many successful rookie QBs putting up huge numbers... the Jets need to get with the program.

They need to hire a new OC and Rex needs to get out of the way and give this guy COMPLETE CONTROL of the offense (philosophy, draft, game plan, play calls, etc).

I love Rex but he has clearly shown he has no clue when it comes to offense and is not adapting after four years.

People who are successful in life know what they do well and what they don't do well... then surround themselves with people who can help with their weaknesses... time for some self evaluation and humility Rex!