Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy Reid anyone?

Veteran

Andy Reid anyone?

They've been writing his obituary all season in Philly yet he managed to keep his job there for 14 seasons and that's not easy in Philly. All joking aside about his being able to wear all of Rex's fat coaching gear and the curse of Kotite in hiring a former Eagle Head Coach does anyone think he would be a guy (especially if they fire Tanny and give Reid some control) to put some stability in this franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    Andy Reid is all offense just like Rex is all defense. Reid's Eagles' teams began to suck as soon as Jim Johnson (top 5 defensive coordinator in football at the time) passed away. His offenses are still good and he is great with QBs.

Reid being assistant HC and offensive coordinator with Rex running the defense would be the quickest fix for this team. I'd be all for it, but we still need a ton of players on offense for Reid to truly be successful.

Since it makes sense though, it obviously won't happen.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    We could do worse.

Practice Squad
    I'd be extremely shocked if Andy took a role under Rex. If anything maybe a Holmgren/Parcells role.

Veteran
    No.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Hell no

Reid was once a damn good coach, but that time has passed.

We're talking about a guy who is totally committed to throwing the ball 70% of the time despite having a run first QB in addition to one of the best RB's in the league in McCoy.

Hall Of Fame
    I would go for Reid in a heartbeat. If for no other reason than I like the way he builds via the draft. I see him taking a year or so off though. The guy is burned out.

Reid is the same as Rex...

Lumped in with coaches like Fisher, Reid, Rex, Whisenhunt. All good coaches, just need QBs.

All League
    1) No.

2) The head coach only should be replaced if the GM is going to.

Vice-versa.

No new QB should be brought in unless the whole production is being fired.

No. Dear god no. Reid has been one of the worst coaches in the league for years. His game management is comically bad and his system gets QBs killed. Plus he has no feel for D.

This would be an absolute abortion of a move.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I would go for Reid in a heartbeat. If for no other reason than I like the way he builds via the draft. I see him taking a year or so off though. The guy is burned out.
    Yep. He needs time away from football.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    No.
    I once thought Reid was a really good HC, but the facts say otherwise. His success is directly attributable to 2 people. 1) Jim Johnson, a truly great DC; and 2) Donovan McNabb. He has not had any real success without them.

In fact one might argue that Reid's inability (refusal?) to provide McNabb with a true #1 WR is the main reason they never won a SB.

ps. If only only there was a third Harbaugh brother.... maybe they've got a cousin?

Andy Reid is a great coach. If we were to make a change, he would be near the top of the list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The people who say that Reid would be a great choice are the same people who would be b*tching up a storm when he has McElroy or Tebow throwing 40 times a game.

Hall Of Fame
    No.

Veteran
    I like Andy Reid, but, and this is just me opining, he needs to take some time off. With all the sht that has been going on with his family, his underachieving team, etc., the guy looks as if he could use a break.

Though coming from all those years in Philly, he has the skin for NY and us relentless Jets fans

Practice Squad
    No
    No
    BTW NO

All Pro
    I will take Reid as the HC/GM combo, with Tannenbaum staying as a contract/cap guy.

I think this is the best option, better than any unknown HC or Gruden/Cowher who have not coached in years.

Reid would find and develop a QB and there are already a couple WR and a good OL here to work with.

Veteran
    Ill take Ried in a heartbeat, but only as a head coach… not as GM headcoach

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I like Andy Reid, but, and this is just me opining, he needs to take some time off. With all the sht that has been going on with his family, his underachieving team, etc., the guy looks as if he could use a break.

Though coming from all those years in Philly, he has the skin for NY and us relentless Jets fans
    I agree he needs to take some time off, he should have done this earlier, he needs to spend some time with his family. Jumping into this mess of an organization is probably the last thing Reid wants to do.