Thread: Buyout???

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Buyout???

I have been a big Sanchez apologist..But enough is enough.. It is so sad after all the promise he seemed to show the first two seasons .. especially in post season..

After what I witnessed last night I don't ever want to see the Jets take another snap with him again..

I don't think any of us feel we are winning the Super Bowl next year so just cut him already and move on.. Keeping him as a backup does nothing..

Maybe they can do a buyout with him or something because he isn't going to get three million anywhere else.. And thus a hit might not be so hard..

If he refuses cut him anyway..

He is the SOUL reason we lost this game last night.. The defense stepped up.. The running game was decent and Edwards stepped in and was the best offensive player outside of maybe Cumberland who I love..

And the Titans who are bottom feeders tried desperately to give us the game and Sanchez wanted no part of it..

He sucks.. I am done with him.. I think as a business move for Woody it must be done because we are getting to a point where we could be playing to a half filled stadium every other week..

And no more sexy gimmicks..Trade Revis Trade Tebow. Cut Scott, perhaps rework or cut Pace.. Play next season to try to get better (no matter what qb you use McE a veteran..) free up cap space.. and regroup for the following year..

This team will never be a win now team until we do that... I am encouraged by a lot of our defensive players..

Four interceptions was unacceptable and the offensive line was not bad last night...

You got to make a statement that playoffs on the line this is unacceptable.. It wasn't like he is a good qb who had an off game .. He sucks.. I don't want to see him anymore.. Maybe he can find success in Canada..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using logic with the Jets management is futile and pointless, buts lets have some fun here and use some logic…

Sanchez needs a fresh start, and Jets fans and players need a fresh start of him not being on the roster…

you look for a trade partner, say Seattle, Sanchez reworks his contract and gets traded out of here…

It’ll work best for his career to go somewhere else… I just don't see who would want him… he has 50 turnovers since 2011… he can compete as a 3rd stringer somewhere…

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETZONI View Post
    Using logic with the Jets management is futile and pointless, buts lets have some fun here and use some logic…

Sanchez needs a fresh start, and Jets fans and players need a fresh start of him not being on the roster…

you look for a trade partner, say Seattle, Sanchez reworks his contract and gets traded out of here…

It’ll work best for his career to go somewhere else… I just don't see who would want him… he has 50 turnovers since 2011… he can compete as a 3rd stringer somewhere…
    Trade him straight up for Flynn

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    who would even want Sanchez as a #2? So many guys are unproven, like flynn who came off the bench and looked better than Rodgers for very few games.. Ofcourse its unlikely he could keep that up.. Mark Sanchez is not unproven, hes proven to be the worst QB in the league for 2 years in a row now.. teams would rather go with unproven..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is not 1 nfl gm who would trade for sanchez. What cant anyone grasp this concept. He is awful. You dont trade for awful players.

WAKE UP!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    There is not 1 nfl gm who would trade for sanchez. What cant anyone grasp this concept. He is awful. You dont trade for awful players.

WAKE UP!
    especially with the contract he has

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You think GMs around the league are watching thanksgiving night, watching the arizona game and watching last night, and they are planning on going into their owners office and pitching trade for Sanchez?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

WAKE UP!
    +1

The best we could hope is someone takes a flier on Sanchez for a very late pick (6th maybe, 7th more likely) to have him sit as a backup QB someplace.

Odds say, teams who might have interest would wait till we inevitable get rid of him, so they can grab him for free. It's not like anyone sees Sanchez as that one missing piece for a title....

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

WAKE UP!
    Absolutely...and he will be on the Jets next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    +1

The best we could hope is someone takes a flier on Sanchez for a very late pick (6th maybe, 7th more likely) to have him sit as a backup QB someplace.

Odds say, teams who might have interest would wait till we inevitable get rid of him, so they can grab him for free. It's not like anyone sees Sanchez as that one missing piece for a title....
    Wouldn't that depend on what the title was?? Suckchez won the Titans MVP last night..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    +1

Can we trade Sanchez and our 1st for someone else's 7th? Is that allowed? I'm pretty sure it'd make our team better.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We most likely will not move Sanchez, T-Blow will go but we will not be in a possition to spend good cash on a vet with the other holes needing to be filled.

We have to use McLroy these next two games to see what we have, if we see promise we go with him next year and sign a usable vet for low cost to sit behind him and put Sanchez in the three spot, filling that hole with min damage to the cap.

Holding onto Kerly, Hill, and with Holmes coming back and extending BE at low money, our receivers will be set. Powel is turning into a nice little runner and with that pressure on Green, he has seemed to have woken up.

I think the team has some spark, if we can keep McLroy safe and give him time in the pocket, I think he can be what we expected out of Sanchize, and more.

Right now as I see it, McLroy has to play to see where we go from here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can't just "buy out" a contract. It's against CBA rules. Sanchez holds all of the cards except one. The Jets can cut him and take a huge cap hit. It was a bad contract. Who is going to take on his salary?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JWilcox View Post
    Can we trade Sanchez and our 1st for someone else's 7th? Is that allowed? I'm pretty sure it'd make our team better.