Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DBAKES offseason plan...

All League

DBAKES offseason plan...

1) Keep Rex-- His love and loyalty to certain players baffles me (suckchez, e. smith, bart scott) but he is a great defensive mind and I dont want to start over. Rex stays.

2) tannenbaum goes-- way too many mistakes..suckchez being the biggest.

3) suckhez and tebow both go......this is a no brainer.

4) bring in Norv turner as off. cord. and trade a 2nd for Phillip Rivers....yes both have their issues, but when was last time Jets had a qb with rivers ability? he needs a new start and I would love to see him and norv here in green n white. not to mention...what other options do we have...flynn, vick etc....F-no!!!

5) all old slow defensive players must go....bart done, eric smith done. b. thomas done. etc. youth must prevail on defense.

Revis back with Cromartie....wilkerson and coples both becoming beasts on d line....harris at inside lb with some speed and youth on outside.

Rivers and norv bringing their offense to match up with keller, holmes,hill, maybe braylon....and a good running game....

plus draft and free agency...

i would be excited going into 13 if this happened and I dont think it is far fetched.

go ahead tear me up!!

All League
    i don't think the jets can afford everything in your plan.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    i don't think the jets can afford everything in your plan.
    sure they could.

Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    1) Keep Rex-- His love and loyalty to certain players baffles me (suckchez, e. smith, bart scott) but he is a great defensive mind and I dont want to start over. Rex stays.

4) bring in Norv turner as off. cord. and trade a 2nd for Phillip Rivers....yes both have their issues, but when was last time Jets had a qb with rivers ability? he needs a new start and I would love to see him and norv here in green n white. not to mention...what other options do we have...flynn, vick etc....F-no!!!

5) all old slow defensive players must go....bart done, eric smith done. b. thomas done. etc. youth must prevail on defense.

Revis back with Cromartie....wilkerson and coples both becoming beasts on d line....harris at inside lb with some speed and youth on outside.

Rivers and norv bringing their offense to match up with keller, holmes,hill, maybe braylon....and a good running game....

i would be excited going into 13 if this happened and I dont think it is far fetched.

go ahead tear me up!!
    Dislike many elements of your plan especially keep Revis (he needs to be traded), keeping Rex (i would fire him today), bringing in Rivers (Rivers is just 1 turnover behind our QB in turnovers the last year)

Veteran
    Rivers has just as many turnovers as your boy suckchez in Norv Turner's offense no less. What's the point in that?

No thanks to Rivers, the wheels are almost off on this guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    sure they could.
    Oh, well I'm convinced.

Rookie
    Philip Rivers Quarterback 8/24/2009: Signed a seven-year, $98.25 million contract. The deal contains $38.15 million guaranteed, including a $19.55 million signing bonus, Rivers' 2009-2010 base salaries, and a second-year option bonus of $6 million. $6 million of Rivers' 2011 salary is guaranteed for injury, but not skill or performance. 2012: $10.2 million, 2013: $12 million, 2014: $13.8 million, 2015: $15.75 million, 2016: Free Agent

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Dislike many elements of your plan especially keep Revis (he needs to be traded), keeping Rex (i would fire him today), bringing in Rivers (Rivers is just 1 turnover behind our QB in turnovers the last year)
    i would accept a revis trade for the right price...sure i would.

rex has stayed with sanchez waaay too long...but he is a great defensive coach who is learning to be a better head coach....who else would u want? be specific.

Rivers needs a new home plain and simple. suckchez couldnt carry his jock strap....end of that story.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Oh, well I'm convinced.
    we will be cutting dead weight around here in a few months....and rivers wants out of sd....he would restrructure to move....it can be done.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetMex View Post
    Philip Rivers Quarterback 8/24/2009: Signed a seven-year, $98.25 million contract. The deal contains $38.15 million guaranteed, including a $19.55 million signing bonus, Rivers' 2009-2010 base salaries, and a second-year option bonus of $6 million. $6 million of Rivers' 2011 salary is guaranteed for injury, but not skill or performance. 2012: $10.2 million, 2013: $12 million, 2014: $13.8 million, 2015: $15.75 million, 2016: Free Agent
    Thanks but no Thanks

nuff said

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by I against I View Post
    Rivers has just as many turnovers as your boy suckchez in Norv Turner's offense no less. What's the point in that?

No thanks to Rivers, the wheels are almost off on this guy.
    look at rivers first few years....if he was having another probowl season there is zero chance we could get him!!!! zero.

he needs a new home, the chargers know it...rivers knows it and if not him....give me a better option??????

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    Thanks but no Thanks

nuff said
    restructure...nuff said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Disagree on bringing in those two Charger choke artists

And NO peeing away ANY more draft picks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rivers is a nut job and why would SD just give up for a #2.
    How is Revis progressing? Not a word. Is he working as hard as Adrian Peterson? Doubt it. Cut. Untradable.
    Sanchez. Cut. Untradable. Keep Tebow as #2.
    Let's not get crazy on Wilkerson and Coples being "beasts". They are usable players, hardly stars.
    The Jets are in very bad shape talent wise. Need OL (2), WR, RB, DL, LB (2)
    And next years schedule is not a cupcake like this years.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree on bringing in those two Charger choke artists

And NO peeing away ANY more draft picks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    u wanted to keep sanchez....so u do not have a say...get lost.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Rivers is a nut job and why would SD just give up for a #2.
    How is Revis progressing? Not a word. Is he working as hard as Adrian Peterson? Doubt it. Cut. Untradable.
    Sanchez. Cut. Untradable. Keep Tebow as #2.
    Let's not get crazy on Wilkerson and Coples being "beasts". They are usable players, hardly stars.
    The Jets are in very bad shape talent wise. Need OL (2), WR, RB, DL, LB (2)
    And next years schedule is not a cupcake like this years.
    1) 2nd and a 5th would get rivers.

2) revis could easily be traded....easily.

3) tebow must go with sanchez....no question whatsoever.

4) wilkerson is a beast....coples has the ability to be one with year under his belt.
    5) lets not do anything because the schedule is tough??? duh.

no, no, no..............

go ahead tear me up!!
    its an observation, an opinion. I respect that....and I agree except for rivers, he throw away more game than I care for......

Jets Insider VIP
    1) Keep Rex
    I stopped reading here. This plan sucks.

Banned
    Couple comments on the NFL Network post-game show last night after Wreck's presser:

Darren Sharper said the Jets are the most dysfunctional and undisciplined team in the NFL. He said that all starts with the HC.

Heath Evans said Wrecks is a "players coach". He then said no player's coach ever won anything in the NFL, and never will. Said there is no accountability on the Jets whatsoever and that come from the HC.

Interesting comments to say the least.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI offseason plan:

1) Cut DFAIL