Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DBAKES offseason plan...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    1) Keep Rex-- His love and loyalty to certain players baffles me (suckchez, e. smith, bart scott) but he is a great defensive mind and I dont want to start over. Rex stays.

2) tannenbaum goes-- way too many mistakes..suckchez being the biggest.

3) suckhez and tebow both go......this is a no brainer.

4) bring in Norv turner as off. cord. and trade a 2nd for Phillip Rivers....yes both have their issues, but when was last time Jets had a qb with rivers ability? he needs a new start and I would love to see him and norv here in green n white. not to mention...what other options do we have...flynn, vick etc....F-no!!!

5) all old slow defensive players must go....bart done, eric smith done. b. thomas done. etc. youth must prevail on defense.

Revis back with Cromartie....wilkerson and coples both becoming beasts on d line....harris at inside lb with some speed and youth on outside.

Rivers and norv bringing their offense to match up with keller, holmes,hill, maybe braylon....and a good running game....

plus draft and free agency...

i would be excited going into 13 if this happened and I dont think it is far fetched.

go ahead tear me up!!
    I disagree, get rid of fatty and tanny, this joke of an organization is over...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) 2nd and a 5th would get rivers.

2) revis could easily be traded....easily.

3) tebow must go with sanchez....no question whatsoever.

4) wilkerson is a beast....coples has the ability to be one with year under his belt.
    5) lets not do anything because the schedule is tough??? duh.

SD will not do away with Rivers easily. Start Charlie Whitehurst? LOL
    Revis' contract is prohibitive. AND is he healthy? Big ?? Nobody wants damaged goods.
    Dump 2 QBs? Jets will not do that.
    Wilkerson IS NOT A BEAST. Please look at the rosters throughout the league. He is an average player - nothing more. Coples has "potential". That's the word meaning he hasn't done s**t yet.
    THe schedule has nothing to do with moves. It has to do with OUTCOME. NO, ATL, TB and CAR. Could be 4 Ls. Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Browns - 3 more Ls.
    This was the year. BLOWN.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1) 2nd and a 5th would get rivers.

2) revis could easily be traded....easily.

3) tebow must go with sanchez....no question whatsoever.

4) wilkerson is a beast....coples has the ability to be one with year under his belt.
    5) lets not do anything because the schedule is tough??? duh.
    Sure, SD is going to let Rivers go for the 50th pick in the draft, Rivers was at fault for letting Turner, Sproles and jackson leaving. or LT and Gates getting old and McNiel having spinal problems.

Rivers would benefit from a change in scenery but not for the 50th pick. And please why do you see Rivers and Rex and NY being a match. One pouting spell and it will be aconstant barrage from the media, this is the only signing besides vick that would turn the jets into an even bigger circus.

Please tell me how easy it is to trade Revis, absorb his cap hit while taking on a 12 mill cap hit for Rivers. How many GMs do you think the most expensive player on thier team should be a CB?
    Revis could be traded easily, please explain how.

And Wilkenson is not a beast, he is a very good Dlineman in his 2nd year.
    Last edited by patman; 12-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everything except 1,2,3,4 & 5.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    i don't think the jets can afford everything in your plan.
    Now this is considering that I understand how NFL cap structure works..

With the $5 million roll over into next season if we cut

Tebow -$500k
    Pace -$5.5mil
    Smith- $3mil
    Scott- $6.3mil
    McKnight- $450k

Tentatively that's a little over $20mil getting rid of players we already assume are gone next year.

The biggest albatross contracts clearly are Revis and Sanchez. The difference is that Revis, even after a season ending injury, has trade value to at least get his contract off the books. Sanchez will more than likely need to be cut, but that means you would need to take that $20 million and subtract $12.5 Million of that because of our brilliant GM.

Basically Sanchez is staying next season unless they can trade him. And the off season plan should only be about signing our own players and get cracking in the film room for the draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Disagree on bringing in those two Charger choke artists

And NO peeing away ANY more draft picks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    BINGO!

We have had the fewest number of picks over the last 4 years.

It shows...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    if u dbags are going to jump on and say NOOOO way with rivers....at least give me your plan for who u want to see under center next year!!!

and as for rex....i could go along with him getting canned but then i want a bill cowher to replace him....not some college dope like saben.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I agree with everything except 1,2,3,4 & 5.
    cant wait to see ur plan!!! wernt u another suckchez supporter....i think so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team does not need other teams failures. Turner has failed, why bring that here. This teams needs a new young GM and head coach. A coach that's willing to make the O better. A GM that can actually evaluate talent, rebuild and get better. The window has closed for this team, time to build off of the few young talented players that are on this team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    This team does not need other teams failures. Turner has failed, why bring that here. This teams needs a new young GM and head coach. A coach that's willing to make the O better. A GM that can actually evaluate talent, rebuild and get better. The window has closed for this team, time to build off of the few young talented players that are on this team.
    wade phillips failed ....why would houston bring in that loser!!!

this team has PLENTY of defensive players in place to continue to be a top 5-10 unit if they add some speed.

i dont care what anybody on this board says...p. rivers would be a HUGE upgrade to what we have had here in YEARS!!!

not to mention this years draft class at qb is awful!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    wernt u another suckchez supporter....i think so.
    Never! Always had my doubts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would San Diego trade Rivers? There is so much unrealistic posts going on. Lets get back to reality.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Couple comments on the NFL Network post-game show last night after Wreck's presser:

Darren Sharper said the Jets are the most dysfunctional and undisciplined team in the NFL. He said that all starts with the HC.

Heath Evans said Wrecks is a "players coach". He then said no player's coach ever won anything in the NFL, and never will. Said there is no accountability on the Jets whatsoever and that come from the HC.

Interesting comments to say the least.

Mike Tomlin says hi.

I think the Jets could have a nice turnaround in 2013, pending they do the right things (which they usually do not). I'd like to see the following, which doesn't seem too far fetched:

• Fire: Sparano (include Cavanaugh this time), bring in Norv, like OP said.
    • Cut - Tebow, Scott, Pace, Wilson, E. Smith, etc... Add Holmes too (addition by subtraction)
    • Resign - Landry and Bray, if reasonable
    • Let Walk - Keller (bc F him). Undecided about B. Moore and Slauson, but think both are replaceable based on OLine's performance this yr. Slauson would be cheap.
    • Trade or sign - Alex Smith, J. Campbell, Orton, Cousins, etc...
    • Draft - OLB pass rusher w/ 1st rd pick; OL, FS, WR, RB, LB with remaining picks
    • FA - Fortify OLine
    • Trade - Holmes for peanuts (assuming cap hit to high to cut).

Then enter the season w/ a healthy Revis and, hopefully showing he is back at 100% for a handful of games, trade him for multiple picks and restock again in 2014.
    Last edited by rlucas4137; 12-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heath Evans is Biff from Back to the Future..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    BINGO!

We have had the fewest number of picks over the last 4 years.

It shows...

BTW, you got me on the Kool-Aid. I blew it relative to the last 5 games of the season. I was wrong. The Jets, in fact, stink and I was over estimating.
    I will not, under any circumstances, predict any good performance next year until AFTER they win their 10th game. HIGHLY UNLIKELY!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Never! Always had my doubts.
    UR RIGHT...MY APOLOGIES...THAT WAS THAT DOPE SG3.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Mike Tomlin says hi.
    Tomlin is a very strict disiplinarian.

Gets rid of players who are cancers and do not produce.

He is hardly a players coach.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why would San Diego trade Rivers? There is so much unrealistic posts going on. Lets get back to reality.
    face it...its not working with him in SD...they will clean house this year and it might be time for them to move on.

i am telling u, rivers can be had for the right price.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if u dbags are going to jump on and say NOOOO way with rivers....at least give me your plan for who u want to see under center next year!!!

and as for rex....i could go along with him getting canned but then i want a bill cowher to replace him....not some college dope like saben.
    I have spoken to Bill Cowher. He is absolutely not coming here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    Mike Tomlin says hi.

I think the Jets could have a nice turnaround in 2013, pending they do the right things (which they usually do not). I'd like to see the following, which doesn't seem too far fetched:

• Fire: Sparano (include Cavanaugh this time), bring in Norv, like OP said.
    • Cut - Tebow, Scott, Pace, Wilson, E. Smith, etc... Add Holmes too (addition by subtraction)
    • Resign - Landry and Bray, if reasonable
    • Let Walk - Keller (bc F him). Undecided about B. Moore and Slauson, but think both are replaceable based on OLine's performance this yr. Slauson would be cheap.
    • Trade or sign - Alex Smith, J. Campbell, Orton, Cousins, etc...
    • Draft - OLB pass rusher w/ 1st rd pick; OL, FS, WR, RB, LB with remaining picks
    • FA - Fortify OLine
    • Trade - Holmes for peanuts (assuming cap hit to high to cut).

Then enter the season w/ a healthy Revis and, hopefully showing he is back at 100% for a handful of games, trade him for multiple picks and restock again in 2014.
    thats basically what i said....except i see a way to get rivers to come with Norv....where u want alex smith(puke) campbell(puke) orton(puke) or etc(double puke)

I like my idea much better....and it can be done.