Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DBAKES offseason plan...

Rex needs to go---clean sweep. Any football man worth a nickle is going to want to name his own head coach. Rex will get another chance---maybe he will have learned by then.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    I have spoken to Bill Cowher. He is absolutely not coming here.
    i believe u....and that is why i think rex should stay....it could be much worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DBAKE View Post
    1) Keep Rex-- His love and loyalty to certain players baffles me (suckchez, e. smith, bart scott) but he is a great defensive mind and I dont want to start over. Rex stays.

2) tannenbaum goes-- way too many mistakes..suckchez being the biggest.

3) suckhez and tebow both go......this is a no brainer.

4) bring in Norv turner as off. cord. and trade a 2nd for Phillip Rivers....yes both have their issues, but when was last time Jets had a qb with rivers ability? he needs a new start and I would love to see him and norv here in green n white. not to mention...what other options do we have...flynn, vick etc....F-no!!!

5) all old slow defensive players must go....bart done, eric smith done. b. thomas done. etc. youth must prevail on defense.

Revis back with Cromartie....wilkerson and coples both becoming beasts on d line....harris at inside lb with some speed and youth on outside.

Rivers and norv bringing their offense to match up with keller, holmes,hill, maybe braylon....and a good running game....

plus draft and free agency...

i would be excited going into 13 if this happened and I dont think it is far fetched.

go ahead tear me up!!
    I agree with all of this.

1) Keep Rex-- His love and loyalty to certain players baffles me (suckchez, e. smith, bart scott) but he is a great defensive mind and I dont want to start over. Rex stays.

2) tannenbaum goes-- way too many mistakes..suckchez being the biggest.

3) suckhez and tebow both go......this is a no brainer.

4) bring in Norv turner as off. cord. and trade a 2nd for Phillip Rivers....yes both have their issues, but when was last time Jets had a qb with rivers ability? he needs a new start and I would love to see him and norv here in green n white. not to mention...what other options do we have...flynn, vick etc....F-no!!!

5) all old slow defensive players must go....bart done, eric smith done. b. thomas done. etc. youth must prevail on defense.

Revis back with Cromartie....wilkerson and coples both becoming beasts on d line....harris at inside lb with some speed and youth on outside.

Rivers and norv bringing their offense to match up with keller, holmes,hill, maybe braylon....and a good running game....

plus draft and free agency...

i would be excited going into 13 if this happened and I dont think it is far fetched.

go ahead tear me up!!
    Who stays...who goes...only the new GM knows.

This new GM has to be a very experienced football individual, with a vision for this team. He has to be the one to decide if he wants Rex or not.

Woody must concede real power and authority to someone with a strong football background. To run this team and make all the tough decisions. If Woody hires a flunky, that will simply do his bidding, for when he wants to make another splash move for a Fahr or Tebow. Then it will be just another Circle Jerk Jets operation again.

Woody has to swallow his pride and ego, and hire someone who is capable of putting all the pieces together with a plan of his own. If this new GM wants to work with Rex...that's great. But if not...

As far as Norv Turner and Rivers...if it's not working in San Diego...why would it work here?

Because major sweeping changes may have to be made with this football team...a Revis and Cromartie CB tandem is going to be too expensive. Revis and his agents want $15-18 franchise QB money. So the new GM has to make a tough decision to either keep Revis in 2013. Then let him walk. Jets would get a compensatory 3rd round pick. Or trade him for a higher draft pick or two. Cro is under contract for two more years at $9 mil. That's a whole lot cheaper then what Revis wants.

Banned
    If Rex stays (and there's a very good chance that he doesn't), it will mean one of two things:

A) Tanny is staying as well

B) Tanny is gone, but we are promoting someone to GM from within the organization.

Basically if Rex stays, the GM will be someone already employed by the Jets. You don't bring in a new GM, and then force him to retain the current coaching staff.

Personally I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Rex, but dump Sparano. Get a real OC in here. Then dump Tanny and promote Assistant GM Scott Cohen. Bring in Marty Schottenheimer, or another older and experienced football mind to be President of Football Operations. In my opinion that would shake things up considerably without completely gutting the entire organization.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I agree with all of this.
    SMART MINDS....

Veteran
    Norv is a pathological loser.

The Sanchez INTs and botched snap you witnessed is straight from the Philip Rivers Choker's Bible.

We need upgrades, not harebrained changes for the sake of change.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Norv is a pathological loser.

The Sanchez INTs and botched snap you witnessed is straight from the Philip Rivers Choker's Bible.

We need upgrades, not harebrained changes for the sake of change.

just like the 10 guys before you....still waiting for your qb suggestions...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Tomlin is a very strict disiplinarian.

Gets rid of players who are cancers and do not produce.

He is hardly a players coach.

Really? So the below means what exactly, post compiler?

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...bill-belichick

With half the 2012 season finished, Sporting News' network of NFL correspondents asked 103 players from 27 teams everything you want to know about this year in our annual midseason players poll.

As always in our midseason poll, players were not allowed to name their teammates or head coach for any of their answers.

Which coach (other than your own) would you most like to play for?
    Mike Tomlin, Steelers 31

Bill Belichick, Patriots 10

Pete Carroll, Seahawks 6

Jim Harbaugh, 49ers 6

Lovie Smith, Bears 6

John Harbaugh, Ravens 5

Rex Ryan, Jets 5

Jeff Fisher, Rams 4

Tom Coughlin, Giants 3

Gary Kubiak, Texans 3

Mike McCarthy, Packers 3

John Fox, Broncos 2

Mike Smith, Falcons 2

Seven coaches received one vote

“Mike Tomlin. He’s a hard charger.” — Falcons S William Moore

"Mike Tomlin. What I liked about him the most is that he's very up front and honest with you. You kind of always know where you stand with him—good, bad or indifferent. You appreciate the honesty of knowing where you stand. And the other thing would be that he just kind of always says the right thing, whether it's to you, the group, the media. Once again, whether it's good, bad, he just kind of says the right thing. He's got that knack." — NFC offensive player who formerly played for Tomlin in Pittsburgh

just like the 10 guys before you....still waiting for your qb suggestions...

You thinking that Rivers can be had for the 50th pick in the draft is laughable.
    Why the hell will Spanos who just gave this guy 38 mill 3 seasons ago take a 19 mill cap hit on his 2013 salary in order to trade Rivers for a 2nd rd pick?
    Who will be their qb? Search on the SD union website do you see any possibility of this happening?

What about Brees, he is having a down year, his coach might be leaving and the Loomis the GM may be leaving also? Maybe a 2nd an a 4th?

Rex called out Norv Turner publicly last year and will be in demand as a OC,
    why does he want to work for Rex in NY.

Now on to the draft an FA, since you spent every dollar you saved by cutting all those old slow players by giving Rivers his 12 mill salary and the jets are 20 mill over the cap right now who are these FA you speak of. How do you replace the 17 players who are now FA?

In you dream world you probably see SD taking Sanchez and his 8 mill in salary to start for SD, because we all know he just needs a change in scenery

All Pro
    sure they could.
    Not even close to being able to afford what you suggest, especially with cutting both Tebow and Sanchez. That alone eats up almost $10 million in dead money in a year where they are already $25 million over the cap.