Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Rex Ryan is fired....

If Rex Ryan is fired....

which I don't think he will be, who do you get?

I don't think Gruden or Cowher are coming. They have cushy jobs in television.

So who will it be?

Don't think he will be and I hope he isn't. Turnover just isn't good... We have a guy capable, just stick with him and keep taking shots at the QB position.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    If Sanchez returns, i think Rex will too.

OT: Have you seen Rex and Mark talking EVER on the sideline this season? Maybe i missed it.

I know the OC is the go to guy for the QB, but in certain situations, i think Rex needs to be in there pushing his agenda.....he is just nowhere near the Offensive side of the ball that ive seen, and its concerning.

Such a good Defensive coach though.

If Tannenbaum is fired, then Rex should be fired, in fact, the entire coaching staff should be fired.

Everybody.

The new GM needs the freedom to have full control and get everything back into sync.

The owner should have no say in anything, including his precious loud mouth coach and ridiculous QB.

Keeping the coach and dumping the GM prevent proper analysis of the new GM from starting until the old coach is gone.

Especially considering that Ryan doesn't seem to understand that while defense may win you a Super bowl, it sure is hell ain't getting you there anymore.

I usually do not like reaching into the college ranks for HC jobs in the NFL, but I really like David Shaw from Stanford. He runs a pro style offense, worked under Harbaugh, worked with Luck and even after losing him still has had a lot of success.

I also like Chip Kelly, his offense sounds intriguing with its innovative principles.

A good idea would be to retain Mike Pettine since he is Rex's right hand man and could keep consistency on that side of the ball while the offensive mind at HC re-works that side of the ball (that is if he doesn't follow Rex).

Jets Insider VIP
    Rex will be fired and we will hire Jay, not John, Gruden.

Practice Squad
    Brian Billick

Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post
    I usually do not like reaching into the college ranks for HC jobs in the NFL, but I really like David Shaw from Stanford. He runs a pro style offense, worked under Harbaugh, worked with Luck and even after losing him still has had a lot of success.

I also like Chip Kelly, his offense sounds intriguing with its innovative principles.

A good idea would be to retain Mike Pettine since he is Rex's right hand man and could keep consistency on that side of the ball while the offensive mind at HC re-works that side of the ball (that is if he doesn't follow Rex).
    I wouldn't take Kelly. His offense would be slowed down in the NFL because of the faster defenses.

David Shaw? meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Brian Billick
    His Ravens offenses were bad after their SB season.

Jets Insider VIP
    If we're eliminating Cowher and John Gruden from the discussion:

Mike Holmgren
    Jay Gruden
    Mike Zimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If we're eliminating Cowher and John Gruden from the discussion:

Mike Holmgren
    Jay Gruden
    Mike Zimmer
    I think Zimmer would be just like Rex. No real offensive experience.

I like the possibility of Mike Holmgren. He's 64 years old, so I don't know what his mindset would be.

Practice Squad
    Jim Fassel

Rex is what he is. I like him as a coach but in his post game presser he talks as if the offense is an afterthought. He clearly wants little or nothing to do with running an NFL offense. I'm not sure that trait is ideal for a Head Coach. I'm still baffled as to why they kept Sanchez in there. I was sure after the 3rd int that he would be pulled. Then when Sanchez got twisted up on another play and looked like he hurt his leg with 2 minutes to go I was like YES! we may actually win this if they pull Sanchez. But it was not to be. Leaving Sanchez in there has made me lose what respect I had for Rex as a coach. He does not have the conviction or balls to make what it an obvious move to everyone other then himself. On the post game Schein mentioned that even the front office people wanted GMac in there after the Sanchez debacle against Arizona. Rex is a good Defensive coach but without someone in the FO (Tanny) or a strong Offensive Coordinator/Assistant HC to advocate for the offense the team will never be great. Also Sanchez is clearly finished as an NFL starter. He is Joey Harrington and David Carr all over again.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    His Ravens offenses were bad after their SB season.
    They were only middle of the pack during their SB season fortunately that D scored a lot..

Practice Squad
    Dennis Green

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    They were only middle of the pack during their SB season fortunately that D scored a lot..
    And Brian Billick was supposedly an offensive guy so no thank you.

Best option I've heard so far is Holmgren. Any others?

Hall Of Fame
    All for one, one for all. Tanny, Rex and Sanchez. If one goes, they all have to go (or in Tanny's case AT LEAST a reassignment).

They are attached at the hip.

I'll be surprised if Rex is fired. Woody writes checks to Cavanaugh, Sutton and Bradway LONG after their expiration dates. Cavanaugh is totally inept and has NEVER developed a good QB, and he's still on sideline.

What makes anyone think that he's likely to fire a guy who got him within one game of the SB, twice?

Hell, I'd say odds are barely 50-50 that Jets will totally cut ties with Tanny. He's been with Woody from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    Dennis Green
    Hell no. HE IS WHAT I THINK HE IS.

Quote Originally Posted by Beercules View Post

I like both of those college coaches as good offensive minds (especially Kelly). And I second the idea of keeping Pettine. The D has not been the problem this season. It's all been about the anemic offense.