Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Rex Ryan is fired....

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    All for one, one for all. Tanny, Rex and Sanchez. If one goes, they all have to go (or in Tanny's case AT LEAST a reassignment).

They are attached at the hip.
    That's fine, but who replaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    That's fine, but who replaces?
    Let a guy come in and pick his entire staff. Either hire a good GM or a good coach and let them take complete control.

If Tannenbaum, Rex, and essentially the entire staff is fired, then here's what I would like to see:

GM: Kevin Abrams, AGM of the Giants. Served under both Accorsi and Reese and no team has been better constructed from scratch in the league.

Head Coach: Jay Gruden. This guy has simply earned it. Dalton is above average and his offense is based around a strong possession running game and getting the ball to AJ Greene, his best offensive weapon.

Offensive Coordinator: Pennington.

Defensive Coordinator: Here's where I'd like to see Pettine retained. I like Mike Pettine. I think he's got enough Rex in him to make a defense play over its head.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I like both of those college coaches as good offensive minds (especially Kelly). And I second the idea of keeping Pettine. The D has not been the problem this season. It's all been about the anemic offense.
    So did Steve Spurrier how did that work out??

Rex isn't going anywhere but if he did we'd probably have Andy Reid as HC and he would probably bring Vick in as QB with a trade of Sanchez to Philly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Rex isn't going anywhere but if he did we'd probably have Andy Reid as HC and he would probably bring Vick in as QB with a trade of Sanchez to Philly.
    Philly fans would stone Sanchez no way could he ever play in the city of brotherly hate..

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Philly fans would stone Sanchez no way could he ever play in the city of brotherly hate..
    They're carrying Vick's $17+ million dollar salary next season with Foles as the current starter. They would be able to dump Vicks salary and have a true QB competition between Sanchez and Foles in camp. Absolutely I can see them wanting to do the deal with the Jets if Reid was HC. Hell, even if Reid isn't the Jets HC they would do it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Andy Reid as HC and he would probably bring Vick in as QB with a trade of Sanchez to Philly.
    please take a day off from posting as these ideas are ridiculous and would never happen. Geez.

Practice Squad
    They'll probably just promote Sporano

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    So did Steve Spurrier how did that work out??
    I was always surprised Spurrier wasn't a better pro coach. Maybe if he hadn't gone to Washington (to work for that idiot Daniel Snyder) he would have done better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    please take a day off from posting as these ideas are ridiculous and would never happen. Geez.
    Why is it ridiculous? Many see Reid going to the Cowboys if they part ways with Garrett, but the Jets could also be a landing spot for him if Woody is as pissed as he should be.

Why is it ridiculous? Many see Reid going to the Cowboys if they part ways with Garrett, but the Jets could also be a landing spot for him if Woody is as pissed as he should be.
    I love these threads where we pretend that Andy Reid is still a relevant coach in today's NFL.

Might as well give the head coaching job to Holmgren, right? If we're lucky, we can give him GM, too, and he can trade Sanchez for an up-and-comer stud like Brandon Weeden, amiright?

Jets Insider VIP
    The fact that you tink Philly or any franchise would go and proactively try to acquire Mark sanchez who is an abomination. Have you been watching the games dude?

GM: Bill Polian

Coach; Marty Scottenheimer

OC: Norv Turner

DC: Mike Pettine

Also Keep Dennis Thurman, the DBs have played well this year

Also fire, Sparano, Sutton and every other coach on this team.

All Pro
    Greg Roman (49ers OC). He'll bring in the offensive intelligence that this team lacks. Keep Pettine as DC / asst HC. Continuity on D and a fresh start on O.

The fact that you tink Philly or any franchise would go and proactively try to acquire Mark sanchez who is an abomination. Have you been watching the games dude?
    They wouldn't necessarily be interested in Sanchez, they would be interested in dumping Vick's enormous salary cap hit (over $17 million). Not saying Reid/Vick is the likely move or even that I agree with it, just saying I could see their reason for wanting to do it.

They wouldn't necessarily be interested in Sanchez, they would be interested in dumping Vick's enormous salary cap hit (over $17 million). Not saying Reid/Vick is the likely move or even that I agree with it, just saying I could see their reason for wanting to do it.
    Even if Vick is considered done or injury prone, in what world is Sanchez's value even close to Vick's?

Vick is worth more simply because he has a better arm. That's not even going into the fact that Vick has played, at least once in his life, at an extremely high level.

You have nothing to go on with Sanchez.

May God have mercy on any soul who is willing to take Sanchez outside of any circumstance where he is cut and they pick him up for next to nothing or (confirming many of our collective fears) allow him to compete for a practice squad spot with a McCown.

All League
    Tom Clements

Veteran
    Rex will be fired and we will hire Jay, not John, Gruden.
    Sign me up.