Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Jon Gruden .....

Veteran

Was Jon Gruden .....

auditioning for a coaching position last night. Watching the game he mentioned so many negative things towards JETS coaching staff, i think were as clear as day what is wrong with this organization and staff. Talking about putting Tebow in the game which disrupts Mark rhythm, when he was a coach in Green Bay how the organization was dead set on getting the right pieces for Favre and on and on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by J.E.T.Sfan4life View Post
    auditioning for a coaching position last night?
    No.

Gruden has always disliked Rex for whatever reason...

All League
    auditioning for a coaching position last night. Watching the game he mentioned so many negative things towards JETS coaching staff, i think were as clear as day what is wrong with this organization and staff. Talking about putting Tebow in the game which disrupts Mark rhythm, when he was a coach in Green Bay how the organization was dead set on getting the right pieces for Favre and on and on.
    I'll take it

It looks like Sanchez and Sparano are doing calculus or sumpin!

I don't know but Tirico's call at the end of the game was spot on though. UGLY !

when you believe you have a good qb you build around him. when you don't have faith in the qb you build around other units. the jets have tried to build a defense b/c they knew years ago sanchez was a mistake. actions speak louder than words.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    when you believe you have a good qb you build around him. when you don't have faith in the qb you build around other units. the jets have tried to build a defense b/c they knew years ago sanchez was a mistake. actions speak louder than words.
    if that's the case get rid of the coach and GM because they traded up for the QB and the coach being defense minded it really does not help.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    If anything Gruden has been guilty of lauding too many players and coaches all year, I'm glad he came back to reality and called it as he saw it last night.

MNF has finally gotten it right with Tirico & Gruden though, imo.

If this is the case why did they extend him?

I don't buy it.

when we got the ball back after the muffed punt gruden mentioned there is time to run the ball. instead rex puts the ball in the hands of his worst offensive player.

rex is a clueless jackass at this point i dont care who they hire as long as rex is fired.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    And yet they gave him a gererous extension? Makes no sense. You don't coddle mistakes. You cut your losses and move on.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    If anything Gruden has been guilty of lauding too many players and coaches all year, I'm glad he came back to reality and called it as he saw it last night.

I'm amazed at how quickly he recovered from the painful sore throat he sustained after fellating the patriots for 3 1/2 hours last week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    when we got the ball back after the muffed punt gruden mentioned there is time to run the ball. instead rex puts the ball in the hands of his worst offensive player.

rex is a clueless jackass at this point i dont care who they hire as long as rex is fired.
    You think Rex is dictating to the offense?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    And yet they gave him a gererous extension? Makes no sense. You don't coddle mistakes. You cut your losses and move on.
    Because they were embarrassed that people found out they tried to get Peyton. And to make amends to Sanchez for doubting him, they offered him the extension.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Except it's Tony mold Sporano that's calling the plays, not Rex.

rex has alot more involvement than many think on offense. besides rex left sanchez in the game at qb thats enough. tebow would have won that game.

Years ago? So they knew this before they drafted him and drafted him anyway? And then gave him a huge extension last year on top of it?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post

I agree; it's football, dammit. Same stuff, different day. I enjoy the way Gruden bases his comments according to who's got the momentum; excellent eye for match-ups and he knows when a player has been naughty or nice in practice. He calls out coaches with impunity.

Impunity!

All Pro
    He gets it. This guy.