Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok I am Nuts, afterall, I have been a Jet fan for decades LOL, but just think...

Ok I am Nuts, afterall, I have been a Jet fan for decades LOL, but just think...

What would it take to pry Bellichick away from NE in the same manner we stole Parcells back in the 90's? What if Woody offered him the sun, moon, and stars to come back here to be the HC of the NYJ for more than 15 minutes? The thing is, it would cost us draft picks
    which we can ill afford at this time, but for a surefire first ballot HOF coach? I dunno...

I know it ain't happening, but it is fun to think about....

Belichick is going to walk away from an 11+ win-a-year-team to take over this mess with no franchise QB to work with?

You're right, it is nuts.

just hear me out....why not trade a draft pick and get Aaron Rodgers. Just think, if he comes here, he would probably be the starter day 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    What would it take to pry Bellichick away from NE in the same manner we stole Parcells back in the 90's? What if Woody offered him the sun, moon, and stars to come back here to be the HC of the NYJ for more than 15 minutes? The thing is, it would cost us draft picks
    which we can ill afford at this time, but for a surefire first ballot HOF coach? I dunno...

I know it ain't happening, but it is fun to think about....
    waste of a thread......

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    What would it take to pry Bellichick away from NE in the same manner we stole Parcells back in the 90's?
    Based on everything we've read Belichick hates the Jets with a passion, I think it's harder for the Jets than any other team to get him to come.

I think it would be very hard for Belichick to turn down:

1. $50 Million Dollars a year for 10 years (Edit: I.e. a 10 year, $500 Million dollar contract)
    2. 10% ownership in the team
    3. Total control over all aspects of personnel decision making.

He already gets 3 as far as I can tell in N.E.

Not sure what else you can give him besides money to convince him to come and that's probably not enough.
    Last edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman; 12-18-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    just hear me out....why not trade a draft pick and get Aaron Rodgers. Just think, if he comes here, he would probably be the starter day 1.
    thread winner.

Somebody needs to kill this thread with fire.

Why would you spend that kind of money on a guy who hasn't won a title since he was caught cheating??????????

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Wake up little Rosebud.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Based on everything we've read Belichick hates the Jets with a passion, I think it's harder for the Jets than any other team to get him to come.

1. $50 Million Dollars a year for 10 years

Not sure what else you can give him besides money to convince him to come and that's probably not enough.
    Why would BB take a pay cut to coach the Jets? His current salary is $7.5MM with raies each of the next 4 years.

Also, why would he leave the best run organization and owner for one of the worst run organizations in the NFL?

All Pro

Jets Insider VIP
    Dump

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why would BB take a pay cut to coach the Jets? His current salary is $7.5MM with raies each of the next 4 years.

Also, why would he leave the best run organization and owner for one of the worst run organizations in the NFL?
    I heard Kraft cleared up Goodell's Kidney stones very easily.

BB was the coach of the Jets.

zero wins
    zero playoff wins

Why would the Jets want him back?

Didn't somebody just get a 8 million a year contract with less wins/experience too?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Didn't somebody just get a 8 million a year contract with less wins/experience too?
    Shanahan and Peyton were the next highest paid HC's at $7MM.

Peyton is suspended and not getting paid, if Shanahan got a raise it could put him at $8MM.

Why would BB take a pay cut to coach the Jets?
    That's not a pay cut, that's $50 Million A YEAR. AKA an absurd offer.

As to why he would leave the Patriots, he wouldn't. Unless something happened behind the scenes in N.E. or for some reason a new challenge appealed to his ego.

As to why he would leave the Patriots, he wouldn't. Unless something happened behind the scenes in N.E. or for some reason a new challenged appealed to his ego.

oh!!!!

Hell, that would do it for me

Banned
    Damn, I read that wrong.

Half a billion over 10 years might get the Jets a 10% chance of landing BB.

1. $50 Million Dollars a year for 10 years (Edit: I.e. a 10 year, $500 Million dollar contract)

Free hookers and blow.

Deal sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Free hookers and blow.

Deal sealed.

He doesn't need hookers, the Krafts take very good care of him.