Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: McElroy to Start

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by MJet67 View Post
    A game too late, Should have stayed with McElroy since AZ game.....
    actually i believe mark should've been benched last year. This is a year and half overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by McElroy14 View Post
    actually i believe mark should've been benched last year. This is a year and half overdue.
    long overdue...........thanks to rex ryan the nfls biggest idiot head coach.

Why did the Jets trade for Teblow again??? Dumbest move ever- he needs to be cut on January 1st.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Watch him go 23/32, 305 yards, 3 TD's 0 INT's and the Jets beat the Chargers 34-10.
    That would not surprise me at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    And what respectable GM is going to take Tanny's job when we tell him he has to retain Rex?
    This could be Holmgren-Browns situation where the new, established GM has Rex as HC on a 1 yr basis for evaluation purposes.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    YAY McELROY!

YAY NOODLE ARM!

This is such an empty feeling I have. It was obvious. He needed to play. I'm thankful that I don't have to watch Mark Sanchez play football anymore. Hell, I wasn't gonna watch for the rest of the season. Now I have to see how noodle arm fairs. Just like the Jets to win enough games to get a sh!ttier draft pick.
    If he's a real noodle arm then I guess he won't win, right?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Tebow won a bunch of games last year. you are telling me there was no possible way he could have streetballed his way to winning that game in the 2nd half yesterday?

If you watched denver at all last year, you cannot say that.

All the stops should have been pulled out last night to win that game. why werent they? thats the question.
    He might have won. He might not have. What I objected to was you saying "we all know" that he would have pulled it off. I don't know that. The guy complete 45% of his passes last year.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I still do not understand why Rex wants no part of tebow. Tebow is everything Rex wants in a qb.

Great leader. Does not turn the ball over. You can run the sh!t out of the ball. Defense rules the roost etc.

Tebow seems like the perfect qb for Rex.

Why does Rex want no part of the guy?

Is this a last ditch effort at hoping a guy they drafted(Mcelroy) plays well and they can someone pitch "greg is the answer in 2013" to woody? Let us stick around and coach him since we drafted him?
    Maybe he sees what we saw last night, he's worse then Sanchez.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Wow............isn't it about fu##ing time or maybe one game too late

jf

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    are you kidding? the "steiny" guy already has a bromance going

He's a 3rd string QB that will break your heart, steiny. I can tell you this because I once fell in love with a little 3rd stringer that could, Brooks "Balls-Out" Bollinger. Fell hard, too.

It was a messy, messy divorce.

I know you might be baiting me WCO...and I don't mean this as in anyway flaunting the good nature of one of our finest.mods

BUT

Once upon a time in a little backwater Northeastern town in the year 2000...there was a late round third string QB from major college program who was inactive his entire first season behind the starter and the number 2 Michael Bishop.

In his second season he replaced Bishop as the backup and was on his way to once again languishing as a clipboard holder when lo and behold at the end of an early season game the starting QB was nearly broken in half by a legal hit from an opposing linebacker wearing number 57.

This former third stringer entered the game and I'm pretty sure has proved that not ALL third stringers are ALWAYS Brooks Bollinger

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by sg3; 12-18-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    You might be right.

A few weeks ago Woody vehemently denied being the person behind the Tebow trade. If that is true, then it was all Tanny. Rex's actions prove he had nothing to do with it.
    ha ha and you believed him ha ha ha ha ha

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    are you kidding? the "steiny" guy already has a bromance going

He's a 3rd string QB that will break your heart, steiny. I can tell you this because I once fell in love with a little 3rd stringer that could, Brooks "Balls-Out" Bollinger. Fell hard, too.

It was a messy, messy divorce.

Wasn't Brady a third stringer for a while as well?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Wasn't Brady a third stringer for a while as well?
    Well John Friez who was a vet was on the 2000 team so I guess you could say he was the backup and rookie Brady the 3rd guy..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McElroy is expected to be the guy, but organization is concerned with potential fallout for passing over Tebow. Never a dull moment. #Jets
    +It certainly helps explain why it took so long to bench Sanchez

Ive seen it posted numerous times get rid of Sanchez. One problem is who will take him and that huge contract. Who is going to pay that much for maybe a backup QB. My guess nobody

In my opinion, this is a needed move and I hope the kid succeeds. It may help in the team talent evaluation. I don't think that we are as far away, or a total rebuild, as some others think. Maybe, a smart game manager will make everyone look a little better. Now, barring injury, I have a reason to watch the next two games.

Jets home page. Doesn't get more offical than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bombdogne View Post
    Ive seen it posted numerous times get rid of Sanchez. One problem is who will take him and that huge contract. Who is going to pay that much for maybe a backup QB. My guess nobody
    This

I think this is probably why Rex kept Mark in, he hoped he could play his way out of his funk (or at least play better)against inferior teams and that they would have some teams willing to trade for him.
    Good old Mark, being the bed wetter that he is, blew that plan up by being worse than they ever imagined...

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    This

I think this is probably why Rex kept Mark in, he hoped he could play his way out of his funk (or at least play better)against inferior teams and that they would have some teams willing to trade for him.
    Good old Mark, being the bed wetter that he is, blew that plan up by being worse than they ever imagined...
    no way in hell rex is loyal to his players and believes they are better than what they really are. sanchez is rexs pet.

i hope sanchez costs rex ryan the head coaching job of the jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    no way in hell rex is loyal to his players and believes they are better than what they really are. sanchez is rexs pet.

i hope sanchez costs rex ryan the head coaching job of the jets.
    It just makes more sense to me that Rex and Tanny were letting him audition for other teams, otherwise it makes no sense for him to have been playing since Arizona...who knows and at this point, who cares?